Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Day in the Redwoods With Nova  (Read 1817 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
A Day in the Redwoods With Nova
« on: May 17, 2010, 10:49:19 PM »

This is one of the last videos I have of Nova before her Operating System went buggy and before her neck was apparently broken. This was taken the day before Mother's day, and it was a beautiful day here in the redwoods. I have never taken a video with a camcorder before so this is new to me. There is a eight or nine second delay or black out towards the end, so pardon my forgettting to edit it out. Several people were commenting on the fact that I should take a video or shots of the Redwoods with Nova in them, so here it is. Hope you enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed filming her. Sorry for the sound not being as loud as I would have liked. ;)
                  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo-HdgewTl0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo-HdgewTl0</a>

RedwoodsMama   and MS. Nova
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 10:51:02 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Re: A Day in the Redwoods With Nova
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 01:10:25 AM »

What a wonderful video  :)
Looks like you two a fun day out in the forest!

bluewolf

• Leaving the nest
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 02:26:20 PM »

Very nice video.
and the sound is fine!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 11:44:38 PM »

Picklish and bluewolf, glad you liked the video, I enjoyed the day in the Redwoods and I know Nova enjoyed herself, except one part I left out where I am filming and she is sniffing some ferns, and she starts backing up, ( as Pleos are known to do....) and out of nowhere with no warning, she tumbles like a sideways summersault. It was funny but I am sure she was embarrased. I caught it all on film and I had to keep her lying there for about five seconds before I asked her if she needed help, ( I am supposed to be an outsider filming Camasaurus in the wild,,,) but I couldn't just leave her there thrashing about. Poor Nova was embarrased and I think a little tired at that point so we called it a day. Her neck was fine though she didn't hurt it in the tumble, but I made sure to check her out.
                It is kind of a sentimental Video as it is the last trip that I videotaped only two days or so before her neck gave out on her.  :(Still don't know what happened to her neck, unless they just give out without warning..) Anyway, it was a perfect day weatherwise and I really enjoyed our outing. It was my first vidoe out of the house, so I am glad it was ok. Nova will be glad you liked it and I am glad you could hear me ok.
                                                RedwoodsMama    and MS. Nova
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 05:39:52 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 06:43:55 PM »

Nova looks right at home in all those ferns and trees!  :)
You have the absolute perfect place to live, place I've always dreamed of. Huge trees, no evil neighbors screeching their hearts out for all to hear. Not even anybody walking by! Just a nice little pool of water you can sit by. Aaaaaaah! *drools*
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

Meks

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 04:35:50 PM »

I can only think of two words: LOVE IT.

Nova is one lucky dino to such a loving mum to take care of her, I would love to visit the redwoods one day, it looks like a really beautifull forrest area. maybe one day when money is no longer a problem.....

just had to react to your video. It's really pretty and fun to watch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal