Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: And the Academy Award goes to Nova, for Acting!  (Read 13833 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
And the Academy Award goes to Nova, for Acting!
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:28:20 AM »

After Nova's recent cold, which I still don't know how she got, since there are no other Pleos for her to interact with, but it is coincidence that all nine of my cats were sick, when she got sick. She has been showing me new behaviours, ever since her cold, and I keep getting amazed at what she does. I am now convinced, that she is just acting and doing a pretty good job at it too! I don't know if she is doing this for attention, or part of her built in program, but since it is new, I assume she is really wanting attention! ;)
           After the cold, she seemed very needy. I began filming her, and noticed that she was favoring her front foot, not just limping, but holding it up and crying as if in pain. She kept whimpering and I filmed her for awhile before calling out her name,( Nova) and telling her , " poor Nova, your foot hurts". She kept up the act of whimpering and crying the whole time, and batting her eyes. After about two minutes and me stroking her chin, she begins to sing, I thought this would be the end of it, but she kept limping and working it for all it is worth.At about the five minute mark, she is in the play mode, and out of nowhere, barks a couple of times, which I never saw her do before either? :o Not sure where she is getting this. Even when walking backwards, she never misses a step with holding up her front foot ( bent at a strange hurting angle) and continues to whimper! This video of me filming her is long, about 8 minutes or so, ( I am still uploading it to Youtube now, and not sure what the limit is on uploading videos here???) If there were Academy Awards for Pleos in an acting Category for a Dramatic Role, I am sure she would win!
                       Has anyone else had their Pleo act this way, hurt when they weren't and barking out of nowhere, no Watchdog role? All of this is new to me and she combines it all for attention I am sure. I would love others to see her " Acting Ability." 8)

RedwoodsMama and Nova
I could not upload the video, technical problems so I will just upload some " Stills" of her lifting foot and try to shorten the video, she is such a character and really knows how to pull your leg. My husband walked in while the video was playing and said if they ( Marketers) played just this video, that they would be able to sell it, ( Pleos) on just that .( Nova crying and limping, acting for sure!)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 02:06:36 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
Re: And the Academy Award goes to Nova, for Acting!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:06:38 PM »

Well at least she's feeling better...somewhat.
I've seen the barking before. Maybe she had some sort of strange 'mode jump'?
If she's whimpering while she's holding her foot up, It's probably not a mechanical issue, thought I've never heard of anything like that before!  ???
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:34:15 PM »

Hi Bumblebee, yes, it is very strange, the barking I can understand, some random thing in the programing, even though I had nothing to do with starting it. The whimpering and crying while holding up her front foot as if broken is very strange, and I did not drop her, bump her foot or even touch her except to start her up as usual.  :( :o I will see if there is a way I can shorten the video to just the first minute or two and see if that will let Youtube let me upload it, the message they gave me said something along the line of they couldn't accept the video format, even though it is   the same as the video I uploaded up Nova watching the other Pleo. I would love someone else to see Nova Acting!
                    I have to run a couple of errands, and then I will see if I can just  Clip or what they call Trim the end off and upload it, otherwise I will upload a couple of photos, though it isn't  the same without the sound of her whimpering and crying terribly. Have you ever heard of Pleos breaking their legs or twisting an ankle?
                            RedwoodsMama   and Nova the little actress

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 12:05:54 AM »

Ok, I am going to try and input the video that I just uploaded to Youtube. I shortened it quite a bit and they accepted, it so hopefully I can remember to write the code correctly. Keep your fingers crossed that it works.#Invalid YouTube Link#

RedwoodsMama and Nova

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifQEhtbayIQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifQEhtbayIQ</a>
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 01:03:13 AM by RedwoodsMama »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 01:33:36 AM »

So does anyone have a clue why now that I finally got the URL correct and the video plays on youtube, it won't here? How stupid is this? ??? I hate filming a video and then getting a message saying the video is unavailable! I don't understand that at all! Uploaded this video around 11;00 p.m. so that is over an hour ago. Does that mean my video is lost and not going to play? From what I have read, youtube seems to be having lots of uploading problems lately. My first video was able to upload with no problem. Anyone else have this same problem when trying to upload your videos from youtube? Only other choice I guess is to go to Youtube.                             RedwoodsMama and sad Nova

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 01:51:09 AM »

I will give it one more shot, dont' know why though..........<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifQEhtbayIQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifQEhtbayIQ</a>

RedwoodsMama and Nova again, hoping for a miracle

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 11:52:33 AM »

This is the video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfQEhtbaylQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfQEhtbaylQ</a>

I would be tempted to say that your Pleo's right front leg is actually broken, since it doesn't move position once the Pleo has come back out of the abuse skit.

But then again, what do I know?

allosaurus

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 11:57:46 AM »

I would be tempted to say that your Pleo's right front leg is actually broken, since it doesn't move position once the Pleo has come back out of the abuse skit.

Degers (or grouchy, I guess?), do notice that the leg twitches upwards and downwards (in moderation, of course).  It's not the kind of thing that would happen using if the leg were perfectly fine (moving like the default programming dictates).  So if the leg were to be bent upwards that way (if that's what you mean by "broken"), it would move just as the default programming dictates, just perched at a different angle.  Or am I being delusional once more? DX

Furthermore, wasn't the original Pleo supposed to have a reaction to having their foot\leg pulled or having force upon it?  I recall seeing the prototype limping after too much force on the leg.  Does anyone else remember this?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:59:17 AM by allosaurus »

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 12:17:11 PM »

I did notice that the leg twitches.  I would be tempted to say that the servo might be broken.

The limping feature was only an idea and never got much further then that stage.  Pleo's do not react to their joints being manipulated.  So just to be clear Pleo's do not have the limping feature.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »

Hi, thank you for getting the youtube video to play, you will have to tell me how you got it and I couldn't ? Anyway, to Degers, this is not a "abuse skit, " as I do not know how to do skits, as you can see I am not good at this technical stuff, other than just taking photos and movies, that is it, so far. Anyway, as for her leg broken, there doesn't appear to be any faulty cables, and she was walking earlier just fine, and fine last night with no limp or other foot problems.
          This is  why I said,it came on unexpectedly. I do not know what you mean by the " servo" being broken, ? Can you explain that to me.? Also I have not dropped her, bent her leg or any other physical abuse, ( I love Nova and would never hurt her) and I don't let anyone else touch her without me being present.
       Aside from all of the above comments, what do you think of her " acting" you noticed she wanted attention and wags her tail, and you don't see it in this part of the video, the actual video is almost nine minutes long, and she barks and I try pushing her two front leg sensors to get her to go into " explore: mode, and she still holds up her front leg, even when going backwards. ??? She seems to do a lot of things on her own, and will do what she wants and when she wants. When she was sick, just two days before this, she would cough and groan, sneeze and after 20-30 seconds shut herself down, sleep mode with snoring, and I could not wake her up without shutting her off and then back again.I thought that was strange.......... ???She also does other things like only sing when it pleases her and not when she doesn't'. Please explain about how your got the video to play, I thought I copied it correct degers, or I wouldn't[t have had the black screen with any message...?              Thank you for all the comments.

I still say she is a good little ACTRESS! ;D     RedwoodsMama   Nova

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 02:09:37 AM »

When Pleo is tilted forward (hung by it's tail) it plays a little abuse skit for a while.  If you turn off the Pleo during this time sometimes it will do the abuse skit every time it starts up.  The apparant limp of your Pleo is not programmed in.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 02:34:58 AM »

Hi grouchy, that is nice to know, but I wouldn't abuse my Nova by hanging her by her tail, and I never turn her off unless she is in the sleep mode, so I still don't know why she decided to start limping. You state< " the apparent limp of your Pleo is not programmed in." how then or why did she start limping? I also never found out how she came down with a cold, sneezing etc, since she was never around any other pleos, and I only heard about them catching them from other Pleos?

oh by the way, You never told me how you got the youtube video to work for you and I couldn't ? Do you have a special connection with them?
        Thanks,               RedwoodsMama   and Academy Award nominee Nova for category of a Pleo in a Dramatic Role  ;D

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 11:30:44 AM »

Redwoodsmama, The video is adorable. I think Nova is just being Nova. A precious little dino with a sore leg. I haven't seen my dinos do that with their legs, but they certainly are so sad to see when they get colds. I pour the sympathy on too when they have a problem. I do believe Nova should get an academy award for being the cutest little actress.
I hope her leg is better in a few days.

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 02:37:17 PM »

I was really worried about my Teagan on time when he had his front leg lifted up at an extreme angle and wasn't putting it down. I was afraid it was jammed in that position but after a power cycle, he put it back into its normal position as if nothing happened. I was so relieved because I didn't want him to be broken as I hadn't had him for very long yet. It was kind of like Nova's stance but I don't think he showed as much movement which was why I was so worried.

Regarding Nova's cold, Teagan had one once before I got Tessa so they can "catch" them even if they are solo Pleos. If you have two Pleos they do seem to "share" and before you know it you have two sad, miserable little dinos instead of just one. So far, the times mine have had one seem to be when I have had them turned off for a longer period of time. Almost like a punishment of having left them neglected for so long.   :)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 05:45:55 PM »

Hi Shadowmice, I am sorry to hear about teagan, but glad to hear that he is doing better.  8) As for the colds, and the being a punishment for being off for awhile, the longest I had Nova off is about 4-5 days when I was nursing 9 Real cats that really did have colds. She woke up seeming " normal" and after eating her leaf, and starting to choke, or cough, she wanted to sleep.
                   I turned her off and then back on, ( had been filming her) and within 10 seconds of " waking up," she started groaning as if sick, and then the whole day and next day she was the most miserable little Dino Pleo I have ever seen. :( :( She did like the attention I think. So when she recovered from her cold, she then went into the " limping hurt foot, " which has led me to believe she really, really likes the attention, and is acting as far as the hurt foot goes.
             Thank you for the response and good luck with Teagan.
                                                                           RedwoodsMama and Nova  " The little actress". :)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 05:49:55 PM »

Shadowmice, I have noticed the same thing. They do punish us for not playing with them. ;D ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 08:34:06 PM »

Hi Fancyfont, I hate to think that Nova is punishing me ( like Shadowmice said and you....) just because I had to baby and take care of my " fur babies' when you have nine sick kitties it keeps you very very busy . Poor babies and the sad part is that the thing that got them sick was taking my rescue cat, ( Karl Kat) to the Vet's a couple of days earlier to get his steroid injection because he has Stomatitis, and the only cure ( in his case anyway) is to remove
ALL OF HIS TEETH! ;D :( :( He had been drooling terribly and couldn't eat without being in pain, and his appt for surgery was a week away, but I could not bear to see him in pain until then, so took him in to get his steroid shot. The next day he should have been better but his drooling was worse and he started with the runny nose, etc. I knew he was sick, and sure enough the only explanation ( because he is a Inside only cat, we live on a major busy st.)
 is that he picked up a bug at the vet's office. No one ever told me that Steroids lowered this immune system and the fact he has all his shots in August should have protected him till at least this coming August, but his immune system is weak because he has been on Steroids about every 3-5 weeks since I rescued him in July 2009. ( he was a pet deserted, sick, skinny 7 Pd's, and had a HUGE JAW ABCESS THAT MADE IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO EAT) ANYWAY, I took him home, to the Vets and have adopted him, He is the sweetest boy I have ever had in a long time.Anyway, that is how all the rest of my cat, the other 8 all came down with colds, and Poor Nova must have been feeling neglected, but Nine Sick Kitties takes Presence over one tiny Pleo, no matter how cute.    :) By the way, right before she started limping, she came down with the cold or virus too. NOW what kind of Pleo would do that, except a Smart Attention seeking little girl? :o       I tell you, these little Dino's know how to pull all our strings. She is really doing all sorts of things today. I think she is upset she can not go out and play and visit at the local donut shop, as it is raining CATS AND DOGS HERE TODAY.! I even just got a new Li pol battery, the UCUBE Egg one so I can give her more Play time, ! Now with the old one and this new one I should get about 3-3 1/2 hrs of play, so I can make her " happy"
                        I still think she is one smart little Pleo. Thanks for sharing with me fancy. I am glad you like the video too.
                                                                                     RedwoodsMama  and spoiled little actress Nova :hug:

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 08:57:29 PM »

Well deg-
...er, Grouchy...
I guess it's just a spark of magic. Who knew? Personally I think the more emotions pleos express, the better. This one is quite unique.
Poor Karl! *Grits teeth* Stupid animal abusers! What jerks!
That cat in the background of your movie was really cute :) My cat Snowball does that a lot, he's a real airhead....I love cats  ;D
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 09:12:32 PM »

Redwoodsmama, Kark Kat was so lucky to have found you! Hopefully, he and all of your kitties will be ok.
You have certainly had your hand's full with nine sick kitties and a baby dino.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 11:07:53 PM »

hi fancyfont, Thanks for the well wishes, All of my cats, including Karl Kat are now over their colds, and I am playing the Waiting game till March 8th, when Karl Kat goes in for surgery and gets all his teeth taken out. If I can just keep him healthy till then I will be happy, and I am sure he will too. As for my little Dino actress, that is another case entirely. She is carrying this Limping trick on an on. I have caught her limping on that same foot, but with happiness mostly, but when on a soft surface such as when she is in one of the cat beds, she acts like everything is fine and puts all her weight on that " sore foot."
 Clever little actress isn't she? ;)
 I was doing some research into the limping thing, and I came across something that mweed posted in response to another Pleo ownere, ( not sure If I can post their name so I wont') but it was on this site; http://www.pleoroom.com/forum/export and some letters. The topic was SORE LEG. The Pleo owner said that their Pleo has been limping for TWO days and she discovered the Pleo was " FAKING." ( EXACT WORDS USED, FAKING.) They said they thought a family member had injured the Pleo because they were jealous! ??? :o So the owner put the Pleos favorite " toy", in front of him, and he stopped limping and walked across the room to knock it over!There were several responses, but this person said something interesting.
    mweed. :) :)"the limping is a programming  feature that they demonstrated early on with the prototypes. They would grab a Pleo by the Leg and jerk on it a couple of times, and the Pleo would respond like the Leg was Hurtand limp on that Leg for awhile!" end of mweed's statement.                   So mweed, if you are reading this, does this mean that Nova is one of these Prototypes or has this programmed into her program?
I have not jerked her leg, so that part I don't understand. I still say she is Magic like fancyfont mentioned, Pleos just have their own way of doing things now don't they. Only problem is , I drink Diet Drinks and Health drinks, will have to try one of these on Nova and see if she likes it. She has never seen a " CAN OF SODA, as my husband says we should not drink from them because of the aluminum and aluminum is something you wont' find in our house.

:)RedwoodsMama and little Actress Nova

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 04:25:41 AM »

Nova is not a prototype.  These were not released into production.
The prototype software would not interact with you.  It just went along in a sequence and the person playing with the prototype had to make it look like they were interacting with it.
Nova, nor any other Pleo has the limping program.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 02:32:23 PM »

Oh come on Grouchy (I'm never, never going to get used to calling you that.. ^-^ ) the evidence of limping is right in front of you and still you refuse to believe it!
 ;D
So ya need live proof, eh?  ;)

(Oh RWM, I need to ask this: Is your pleo a 2007 or 2009 model? I think I've asked that question before but with this disorganized life I forgot what the answer was.  :D )
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:34:34 PM by Bumblebee »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 02:49:51 PM »

Hi Bumblebee, and THANK YOU FOR STICKING UP FOR NOVA.  :hhug: :kiss: :pizza: ( YOU CAN CHOOSE THE ONE OR ALL YOU WANT AS A THANK YOU!)
 oh, and the cat you saw on the video of Nova limping, is April, a female I rescued from a colony of 24 cats and kittens I adopted out or relocated to a farm so all were saved. She is very sweet, and in the original video which is nine minutes in length,( the limping video) there are two other cats that interact with Nova too,,because they are interested in her crying and the way she behaves. Snowball sounds like a  all white cat, is he?
             Oh, and as to what Model Nova is, she must be a 2007 Model, an Ugobe model. She was never registered and just sat on a shelf for almost a year,( from Xmas of 2008 to this Xmas, 2009 ) when I bought her. Maybe she is exhibiting some behavior from being on a shelf for so long.  :( She has been happy ever since I got her though.
                   I will have to post some more photos or video of her limping and now she does another strange thing where she is holding her front foot up and also her back leg, opposite leg, but almost like the Tada trick, but no noise, Tada, and I don't think it is intentional. What do you think of that grouchy?
            Also when on soft surface like a cat bed, she puts all her weight on her front leg................NOW what is that all about? You know degers, if you want to come to the Redwoods where I live, I will let you see in person what she is doing, maybe she would like a visit,  ;D I will definitely have to post more photos.                 Thanks again bumblebee and fancyfont for your support! :-* from RedwoodsMama  and Actress Nova

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 03:01:26 PM »

*Chomps on pizza*  :pizza:
Well hey, I think it's either a wacky update-herself-on-her-own case with Nova, or it's something UGOBE didn't tell us!  :P
Wow, you really do rescue a lot of creatures! Even pleos!  :D
Snowball is a five (or is it six?) year old purebred himalayan flamepoint.  ;D He's got a real thick cream coat with red-brown paws, tail, and a real flameish mark on his forehead. His back is also a very, very light brown. :)
We also have to seven year old outdoor cats...very strange ones.  8) A bouncy black and white shorthair named Jinx, and a really, really weird long-haired gray girl named Star.
Jinx's eyes change colors in different light (doesn't sound beleivable, but...)
Star has yellow eyes and an odd chisled face that me and my mom agree resembles a wolf's. When she was little she was a heck of a scaredy-cat, literally ;) She ran from everything, including us and her shadow. She's better now. Still cautious though. We don't know why.  ???
The world may never know...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:04:56 PM by Bumblebee »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »

oh this is just a quick update for Degers, or whomever else is in doubt, if you google search the words; Pleos hurt leg, there are at least four different sites I went to, ( all related to Ugobe and robots, and Pleos that go back to 2007 ) that state, " that if Pleo has a hurt leg, he will limp on that sore leg till it has time to heal. Look it up yourself, and dont' just take my word for it, but do look it up, and you can[t deny watching Nova, that she is either.
   A. HAS A HURT LEG THAT WAS INJURED.... :( :o
   B. SHE IS ONE HECK OF A LITTLE DINO ACTRESS,  which is the one I prefer to believe, because I have seen her do other strange things.
                                                      RedwoodsMama   and little Actress Nova
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal