Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Pleo owner ...a little help  (Read 1860 times)

polyfiller

• Hatchling
  • Male
New Pleo owner ...a little help
« on: May 30, 2013, 05:42:12 AM »

Hi,

I managed to snag a UGOBE Pleo from Ebay for a great price. Looks like the battery is a little toasted so I'm going to repack it, and have also ordered an egg charged & Lipoli. I do have one urgent issue (I think) .... the Pleo came with none of the original packaging, instructions and most importantly, Leaf ! I tried to order a Leaf (and a cape - I figured I'd give Pleo some protection) ..... trouble is Pleoworld website says they can't process an order with shipping to the UK and to contact support.... I'm still waiting for them to respond to an email I sent them.

In the meantime .... is Pleo going to get real grumpy without the leaf ? Is there any alternative, or should I not worry. Is there anywhere else I can get a Leaf from quickly ?

Thanks.

Phelicidea

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
Re: New Pleo owner ...a little help
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 08:28:39 AM »

The Ugobe pleo's do not need the leaves in order to eat.  Your finger, a spoon... a plastic kids food shaped toy will do the trick.  The leave packed in the ugobe pack is more just for show than anything.

Phel

polyfiller

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 09:30:58 AM »

Ah OK, many thanks for confirming..... I managed to find an Ebay store that would ship to UK, so have one on order now ... just in cae this Pleo becomes picky and won't accept an alternative ;-)

Another subject - been reading up on removing the skin and various repair / cleaning techniques ....... is it not possible to order a replacement skin ?

If not ..... might be wrth playing around with some moulding latex rubber (liquid) to mould a new skin or something. This pleo has signs of cracking around the neck.

Have to say - some of the painting of Pleos I've seen in these forums looks amazing .....so I'm thinking blank latex rubber skin, paint = new skin ?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 07:10:08 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum! To my knowledge you can't order a replacement skin. As far as a good material to use to create a replacement, I know several people who are still searching. If you do decide to try the latex method, let us know how it goes. I also do not recommend you use that cape from Pleoworld. The elastic bands tend to wear the skin under the armpit areas. Build-A-Bear or small dog clothes work best at protecting the skin and- aham- hiding most war wounds. Haha! I hope this was helpful.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 06:21:52 AM »

Innvo won't sell replacement skins :( But you can send them in and have them replace it for a fee and the hefty postage costs :(

A few people have mentioned wanting to make a new skin but I don't think anyone has really given it a go. For the cracks in the neck and spot of glue and a coat of latex paint might be adequate.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

polyfiller

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 01:15:17 PM »

OK, many thanks for the feedback .... I'll let you know how the latex goes ..... need to buy some mroe, the old container I have of the stuff has gone a little, well, ruberry. I think this Pleo had been stored for some time ... got some life from the battery tpday (after deep discharge cycle) ... and as a result of the Pleo curling up into sleep position a couple of times, the tail is showing some stretching which looks like it is about to develop into cracks ..... so I'm going to give these a go with the Latex and then get some of those super thin acrylic paints mentioned in the painting thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal