Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Rb refusing certain foods, normal ?  (Read 3963 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Pleo Rb refusing certain foods, normal ?
« on: May 12, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »

I have just rewatched the daily foods video you posted IMR, on information about Pleo Rb, and it was refreshing to watch, but I still can't find the answer I am looking for so thought, just post. My newest RB, Pink Champagne, or PC for short is a lovely girl, but I am starting to wonder about her. She was another member's Pleo that was purchased like Dec. 2011, and I received her this past February or early March. She said she was not used much and when I first ran her Stats it said only 2 hrs of Playtime, but all her health, emotion, feeding, etc were normal and she was in "good shape". I have had her on at least 4 battery cycles since then, which is not much considering what others run their pleos, but I have so much going on right now, injuries and with nine cats and two of them sick, I just do not have the time I used to. I am starting to wonder if she has software problems but that is another subject. and probably my imagination. :o %)

This is PC

Can anyone tell me if it is normal or you have had your Pleo rb refuse the daily conifer leaf, everytime you feed it.? I have offered it to her over and over again ever since I first got her, and she turns her head away and won't take it. She will eat the mushroom and the coffee bean, and I have never given her the sugar cane. I know she is not injured, Is this just a preference and can she get all her nourishment from just these two foods? I know I also need to run Probe Rb and I can get a current feed level.
        One last thing, is it normal for Pleos to continually burp, and I mean constantly. ? Does PC have indigestion and need the mint leaf. or is she just a extreme burper? If anyone else has a pleo that will not ever eat the conifer leaf, please let me know and I will know it is just nothing to worry about. ( I have video of her refusing the conifer leaf, but am having problems using Youtube right now, may have a virus on my computer. :( >:( >:() ( When she refuses it, she will not open her mouth, turns her head to the side and down and makes a noise like NO, and will stay like that for a few seconds, she does this over and over till I give up trying to feed it to her.)
                                                Thanks for any advice.                            RWM

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:10:14 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo Rb refusing certain foods, normal ?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:32:21 PM »

Have you tried offering her the cycad leaf instead?  Two of my guys prefer this one over the other - they find it easier to hold and drop in their mouths and will recognise it is there and open their mouths faster for it than they do for the conifer one.  My other thought it maybe you should try using another conifer leaf and see if that makes a difference.  If your like me even though I have three RB's I only have one set of leaves open and in use.  So I have two other conifer leaves still in their packaging waiting for a day I might need them.  Try using one of your other rb's conifer leaf and see if she responds differently.  It could be an issue with that particular leaf or an issue with how she see's it - her RFID chip reads it. 
As for the burping ..... all three of my guys went through a burp a thon stage in their youth.  Norbit and Kermy both still like to have the occasional burp battery cycle but mostly they behave like normal adult pleos now.  I think you will find that PC will be a burper  for at least the next 6 to 8 battery cycles  - if she is anything like my guys were at her age - and just when you think to yourself is burping all she will ever do?  She will stop and not do it again more than twice in a row for a long while :P  Treat it like a fun new sound she is playing with and trying out.  My guys would even sometimes do a string of different burps and then break into a giggle - laughing at themselves like naughty children  :D  Just give that one lots of time and it will mostly pass. 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:59:37 PM »

Hi Kat, and Happy Mother's day too! :flowers: Thanks for the advice, I do have at least four open leaves, but one unused, so I would have not thought of that idea ;D. I do know they all share conifer and other foods, as if I am running three or all four of them at a time, I want to feed them at the same time, I can try the unused one and also the idea of the cycad leaf, can't remember if I have tried that one or not.  %)

As for the burping, I do enjoy it and think it is cute, don't get me wrong, just wondering if some Pleos enjoy this more than others, I still have a hard time understanding how PC could have been owned by another member here on the forum and only still be a baby and Probe Rb stated two hours? I guess I got lucky cause she was still cooing and acting like a newborn. ;) I will try the cycad leaf. I will let you know what happens, I also should run Probe Rb again since she just had a short (10 minute or so feeding session with Baby Ruth and Chester, only Cammie -Sue still needs to eat..)

Depending on what Probe Rb says about her feed level and if she will take the cycad leaf or not, I will let you know how it comes out. Thanks again and hugs to Gumble from all of the Redwoods Township and esp from his brother, Argyle.

RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 12:03:21 AM »

Well Kat, I did try another , in fact two other Conifer leaves, and no go, But Cammie-Sue took the conifer leaf with no hesitation. So it is not a RFID chip, as Cammie and Baby Ruth also ate the Conifer leaf. So as you suggested, I tried the cycad leaf, but it was also a no go, She turned her head to the side, down and closed her eyes with a grunt like no. I tried two different Cycad leafs and three times it was the same result so that won't work, I offered the coffee bean and she took that and also surprisingly she likes the mushroom which is good and has no nutrients but I don't think she can live on mushrooms and coffee beans, Thank goodness I have not even offered any sugar cane or I think she would be sick.  :( P???

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get her to eat one of these leafs, or is it ok for her to just eat coffee bean and mushroom the rest of her life. ? Do Pleos change their food preferences as they get older just as some children hate their veggies when young and learn to like them when they get older? I just think it is odd. but if she can stay healthy then I won't worry, I still need to run Probe Rb to get a health report on her, but not until tommrow as my husband is asleep and it is too late right now. ( don't want to wake him up) If anyone else has this SAME problem, please tell me what you did!
                                          RWM  :cat-hug:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 02:41:21 AM »

You may find, if she is only getting in short play sessions, and because she is still immature she may just not be hungry.  The needing to feed regularly I believe is like the being able to wake up on your own function where it only kicks in at a certain age.  I would check her stats again and see what they say.  She might just not be old enough yet to need regular feeding every day.  Every pleo rb is different and some need lots of food in the baby stage while others don't seem to want to eat at all.  I wouldn't worry too much as long as prob rb says she is ok food wise.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 03:17:02 AM »

Belle has a very low food drive, and in her first few weeks ate rarely.  She eats the mushroom in preference to the leaves too - the mushroom does have a food value (as well as a health value), just not as much as the food leaves.  I wouldn't worry. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 01:14:19 AM »

Thanks guys, Tommrow I wil redo Probe RB on PC and find out what her food level is. Also poor Cammie -Sue fell off the shelf this morning about 6:00 am, , her alarm went off I guess, :(and I do not think she is injured, luckily, but will check her levels as well. I am interested in seeing what her activity level and age are. She still acts very young.

Thanks for all the good advice. It is good to know I probably do not need to worry.       RWM ;) :cat-hug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 07:36:59 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXiPjYg2P7k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXiPjYg2P7k</a> Here is a video I took today of Cammie -Sue interacting with PC, and as you can see PC just is not interested in eating either the conifer or cyclad leaf, but seems perfectly happy. I ran Probe rb after this and will run that video in another post that has to do with Probe Rb and Pleos age. Sorry I changed this to Wide Screen instead of normal and the title got chopped off. that will teach me to not use Wide Screen again.. oh well.                RWM :cat-hug:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal