Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My new Pleo rb skin paint is peeling :(  (Read 3932 times)

ninz

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
My new Pleo rb skin paint is peeling :(
« on: June 11, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »

I literally woke Pleo rb up today and it is my second time playing with him. I was touching his back as I then realised that the green area had a light colour under and as I inspected it closer, it was the paint coming off  :'(

I put his cape on but there is nothing to protect his face with. He is also losing the paint around the face. I feel let down a lot as he is brand new. I have been really good with him, carefully putting him back in the box and I have also touched him softly.

Should I do anything?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: My new Pleo rb skin paint is peeling :(
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 07:40:44 PM »

How much is it peeling? A little wear is common but a lot is not. Can you post a picture please?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »

IMR is right, a little is normal. Ugobes in my opinion, at least my Ugobes have longer lasting paint jobs, but the RB are much nicer colors and more vibrant. Posting a picture or two is the best idea. Other than that, clothes can protect the areas of paint loss. You are doing all the correct things, and touching it should not have paint comming off, Are you cleaning Pleo with anything unusal, any chemicals? Also keep out of direct sunlight and extreme weather conditions. Best of luck to you, I know how it feels to have a brand new Pleo Rb and have this happen, Please do post photos of the areas of paint loss.                      RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 08:43:15 PM »

You can also treat your pleo to help protect the skin.  If it is still under warranty, Innvo Labs recommends Pledge, other UK members have had good results using Autoglym.

Star

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 12:20:52 AM »

My pleo is just like this so it's probably normal unless huge strips of paint are peeling off. Innvo reccomends using pledge polish on their skin to reduce wearing and this is what I use on my pleo. They actually say to use extra moistening pledge but you can only get that in the USA so I use normal pledge which they say is fine too. You could also try using pledge wipes. It's a good idea to use the cape like you are and just stroke your pleo more lightly on its head. Be careful with the cape though! You may want to think about not fastening the elastic bands or attaching it to the legs some other way because the elastic bands caused my rb's leg to jam and get stuck in the upright position while she was walking but luckily I straightened it out  :) there are also people here who sell great pleo clothes  P:D

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »

After reading these  forums, concerning the skin of the new RB Pleo's, the paint quality seems a hit or miss situation. Some Pleos have a good robust paint job, while others do not. 3 days after I got mine there was minor paint cracking and flaking and now notice paint wear on his back.

Very disappointing indeed, was claimed with the latest RB pleo the problems were solved, but after reading these forums with Skin problems, even with the new RB's they seem to still have skin problems, and varies I think, So ended up putting his coat that came with Pleo on.

pirpintine

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 04:25:54 AM »

I think a lot of the paint and skin issues come from environment too.  I have an original ugobe from 2008 and he has pretty much no paint wear and has only just developed some small holes.

The best thing to do is just to get some kind of cape to preserve the skin as best you can, and treat it with some rubbercare to keep it supple.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 03:59:13 PM »

Yes protecting the paint from wear is the main reason most of us put coats or clothing of some kind on our pleos. 

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 08:59:18 PM »

Awww... I'm sorry about your Pleo's paint... Loki's paint started peeling off a few weeks after I had him, but I didn't really mind.  I just started becoming a tiny bit more careful with him(even though I was already probably too gentle.  I would see what Innvo Labs says about it, and whether or not they can send you something to fix it or stop it from happening.  Or put pledge on the Pleo like the others are saying... though I haven't done that myself... is this a special kind of Pledge cleaner, or just Pledge in general?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal