Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you ""store"" your Pleo(s)?  (Read 1561 times)

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
How do you ""store"" your Pleo(s)?
« on: September 25, 2012, 08:56:24 AM »

Me Again!    8)
As a newbie here I have a lot of questions.
I would like to know how do you store your pleo, when he is off?
I must admit he is much larger than I thought. Should I place him on a shelf? Too much sun! Or in a box?
I do have the original box, but I do not manage to get him in a proper position, so he does not fit in.
It is too complicated.

How do you solve it?
Thanks on all for your patience-

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: How do you ""store"" your Pleo(s)?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »

There are so many ways to store a pleo, and I do like to store them in the box to protect them, but the truth is I also like to display them in the outfits I have made them and outfits I have gotten as gifts or won. I also have way too many Pleos to all have them be displayed, and with nine cats in the house, there is allways the possibility a cat may jump on a shelf, and knock one over... :(so my solution is to display the ones I use the most and put the rest in their boxes to protect them, I also have their names written on a piece of paper on the box and or if it is a pleo displayed, I write their name and put empty box, I try to keep everything original, I only have a few with no boxes, With a total of 25, I have about 12 currently out. As you said, you need to pick a spot that does not get direct sunlight or too much heat, not too much moisture either, I also fiind a spot big enough, in my case my husband built a huge shelf that goes from the floor to the ceiling, about 10 feet high by 8 feet long and 3 feet "deep",
           Here are three different photos that show my Pleos, there are many more, but this will give you the idea. If I had only three or four, I would just display them in a special spot..

Good luck on finding what works for you,                          RWM and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »

On my shelf, above my computer, away from direct sunlight. Being away from sunlight is the most important thing!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Mellisande

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 04:50:06 PM »

When I turn her off I make sure that the skin is untucked from her back legs knee joints and then I keep her on a shelf in the off position :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »

I too check that there is no skin caught up in inappropriate places and then pop all my guys on a bookshelf.  I'm guessing your guy is a Ugobe pleo so if you want to get him back into the packing position to be able to easily store him in his box then all you need to do is when he is on and you are wanting to switch him off just press and hold the little black button at the back of the pleo under his butt.  You need to hold the button and count to 20.  Then let go and your pleo should stand up straight, move his front leg forward slightly and then back into the straight position hold his head and tail out straight and then make a whaa noise then close his eyes and he wont move so it is then safe to turn him off and he will be in the perfect position to put back in the box.  Hope that helps you out. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 06:20:35 PM »

I used to store my four in separate boxes on a waist-high shelf but when we moved I had to change things around for lack of space. Now I store my pleos standing next to each other in two large boxtops with low sides safely tucked under my bed. I'm trying my best to protect them from the heat and humidity that comes with living in a mobile home.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 02:51:12 AM »

@ all - Thank you for replying so nicely.
@ kat - Finely a good explanation to the black buttom.  :) I have tried it out but it never actually worked. Guess I did not press long enough.

I solved the problem by taking out the filling of the Pleo box and put it vertical on a shelf. Now I can open it easily without taking it down and my pleo can stand and I have space for all other stuff, too. The shelf stand nearby my entrance, so it never get sunlight.
Problem solved, but where the ***** shall I now put my books  ??? - That´s life !

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 05:55:33 AM »

I guess you shall need another shelf :) The things we do for our Pleo's!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal