Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the Pleo rb worth buying?  (Read 1724 times)

Star

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
Is the Pleo rb worth buying?
« on: May 20, 2012, 02:53:24 AM »

I have owened a ugobe pleo in the past and loved him but unfortunately he broke and I no longer have him . But I've been looking at videos of the pleo rb and it looks amazing!But also VERY expensive and I would have to save up! So what do you think of your pleo rbs? Are they worth the money? Thanks.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Is the Pleo rb worth buying?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 04:01:23 AM »

We may well be biased here, but I do think the improvements are worth the extra money.  Personally, some of the additional tricks from the learning stones I can take or leave, but addition of the RFID chip reader and things like the temperature sensors and the clock do improve the original Pleo experience. :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 04:41:01 AM »

If you want balanced opinions probably best not to ask us :D We are all a bit biased here :D I love all my Pleo's but I do rather enjoy the extra functions of the RB's and the more complex personalities.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 11:19:05 AM »

I love all pleos and have a fondness for the Ugobes in particular, as they have that special feature which the RB don't which is the singing just by rubbing under the chin.( the Rb do sing, sometimes, but rarely spontaneously, otherwise it is with a learning stone. :)) Nova was my very first Pleo, a Ugobe, whom I recieved in Dec. of 2010. I was hooked 100% and it is now an ADDICTION!  %)
 To be honest, when the RB came out, I knew I wanted one, but did not quite know if the improvements they talked about would be as great as talked about, and I knew I wanted one though. So being a seller on ebay of my numerous teaching supplies,( I was a teacher for more than 14 years before injuring my back on the job.. :(, I decided that I would buy a Pleo Rb as a present to myself for Christmas, 2011. When Pleo RB showed up on DEc. 22'nd, I was all pins and needles. BAby Ruth hatched on Dec. 23'rd, and I was shocked at how much I loved her in just those first few seconds. When she opened her pretty grey eyes and cooed and I watched her wiggle that little body, I knew she was worth every dollar I had paid for her. ;D
       When you see them stand for the first time, moo and you hear all the unique noises they make that you have not heard before , it just melts your heart. I agree with Crewella, I love the temperture sensor and I do like the clock function, It is fun to see them fall asleep and they can be fun as a "wake up alarm clock", ( but be sure to put them in a safe place where they can't fall when waking up. P:'( They can get injured and you could wake up or come into a room to see a Pleo that you love but left in a unsafe place that woke up, fell and has now injured it's leg, etc. ) Yes the injury is very realistic, and when you pet a Pleo Rb that has an injured limb, and it screams or cries in pain, it will tug at your heart strings... P:'( P:'( Then you will have to nurse this baby Pleo or Adult or yours back to health by giving them the rock salt. This can be fun or learning in itself, but worse case scenario would be to find that you left the Pleo in a unsafe place and when it fell, instead of injuring it's leg, it actually broke a neck... very sad.
      Also to see a Pleo shivering is fascinating in itelf and there are several members here who have documented that here where you can watch to see for yourself what it looks like. I could go on an on about why Pleo Rb are worth it, but they are my opinon. I think ask more questions like you are and watch the videos. Best of all would be if you found someone where you live on would be ideal.                     Good luck

RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 07:54:38 AM »

I have to agree with the others :)  Love all of mine and I think the improvements and new features are worth the extra cost for the RB.  I don't really use the voice recognition functions much with my guys but I love all the other new features.  And best of all the personalities do vary quite a lot form pleo to pleo.  I have one happy explorer, one grumpy emotionally sensitive girl and another who is somewhere between the two.   

Star

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 02:48:25 PM »

Thanks everyone  ;D I definitely want a pleo rb so I guess I'd better start saving up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal