Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: loctite all plastics superglue in the uk, is it ok for pleo?  (Read 3831 times)

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
loctite all plastics superglue in the uk, is it ok for pleo?
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:34:46 AM »

hi

my munchkin has had small holes but now they are big holes  >:(

i had been inclined to leave them, but the one on the tail is about an inch across, and she has an inch long tear under her jaw/throat area.

i am frightened to switch her on now, and so, i have decided, instead of having her permanently switched off, i am going to go for it, and get loctite all plastics unless someone advises me otherwise? just wondered what other people have used with success that is available in england, uk.

many thanks in advance

dee xxx

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: loctite all plastics superglue in the uk, is it ok for pleo?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:58:37 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9AS_aHULxU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9AS_aHULxU</a>
You can also try sewing if you can manage neat, small stitches.

I believe there were two types of Superglue and one was safe and one melted the rubber, so be careful and read the instructions carefully.  Maybe do a small spot test in an unobtrusive area?

Good luck!  ;D

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 08:12:52 AM »

lol i like the video, i would maybe sew it, but i wonder if the stitches would make baby holes in the skin for the future?............ :o >:D

i will go to b&q later today and look at the superglues, i will take some before and after piccys of munchkin's holes, and hope they dont get bigger if i make a mistake lol.

see you later xxxxx

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 01:56:57 PM »

I believe you need to look for the flexible rubber safe super glue for the best results.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 07:25:03 AM »

:)hi all, :)

just tried bostik super glue, the basic one, it did stick the hole together, i left it 12 hours, then i switched pleo on, and the hole opened up again. pleo says "Grrrrrr"... :D

imr, :) i will look for a flexible one, no luck so far  :'(

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 11:51:53 AM »

Hi Snowy, sorry to hear that you have had no luck with the glue. I did have a question. Can you post a pic of just how big this "hole" is? If the hole is too big, esp in an area that gets a lot of movment, you may need to use more than just superglue. If you post a photo so I can see, I will tell you and possibly post a pic that can help, but first I need to see the hole to better understand oh, and is this hole in the neck or tail?

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »

If it helps at all there is a store here on the forums that sells glue for pleos.  I'm not sure how active the store owner is but maybe it would be worth sending a pm and see if they are still around?  Just a thought.  :)

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »

thanks kat, store owner has run out of the superglue, unfortunately i'm not sure when she'll be getting anymore. xx

hi rwm,
just trying to upload piccy, been a while since i done it, so, hope it works. xx

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:45:12 PM by snowy »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 04:55:14 PM »

Hi Snowy, wow those are big holes a lot like Little 45 who I repaired. As for the Superglue that I used on him and other Pleos, neck cuts, you can have a package of supeglue for free, just would have to pay for the postage. I wonder can you give me some rough dimensions of skin and is the skin around it degraded pretty bad, very dry. If so , you may have to use more than superglue as I did with Little 45 and I think I did a video a long time ago that showed his holes, similiiar and how I repaired it. Let me know about his skin and holes Snowy.                             RWM

I do think from taking a second look that that is going to need more than superglue, but superglue is what will hold the repair together on him. %)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:56:54 PM by RedwoodsMama »

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 05:09:21 PM »

thanks rwm.

here is another piccy

about 14mm wide i think, the skin feels ok, dont think it feels dry. a lot of the skin further around the tail looks like it is starting to stretch and deteriorate as the painted surface has come apart :(

i'd be so grateful for some of your superglue, xxx
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:12:16 PM by snowy »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 05:13:31 PM »

Hi Snowy, if IMR can't give you the glue I can send it to you the cheapest way in just a First class small parcel. As for the tail, it looks as if there are several holes and some appear worse than others, esp the one or should I say Two that you posted after saying you tried the glue then switched on and it came apart. I will look for that video and can take new video photos of the tail I repaired before and after.            RWM          Oh how many holes all together? It is good that the skin does not appear dry or too dry.

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »

sorry rwm,

i meant to say rwm, not imr, re the glue, i'm so tired lol, it's gone midnight here in the uk, sorry.

the smaller hole i notice seems to still be stuck by the other superglue, i never noticed that... the big hole in the picture with the ruler is still there. just the one hole for now lol. :)

the hole on the tail, is 14mm wide, but when pleo is moving her tail side to side, it stretches to about an inch  :o

i'd be grateful if you could link the video or photos of the tail you repaired. thanks for your help xxx

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 06:29:03 PM »

Hi Snowy, my goodness if it is Midnite you must be tired, I sent you a PM but will look for the link to the video right now and send it to you, or post it here.                    RWM

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 06:44:01 AM »

thanks rwm for the pm with videos.

ah, the camoflague is so cute. i didnt know they did pet bandages in all those different colours :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal