Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introductions, mysterious packages, and something you should NEVER do...  (Read 1709 times)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo

AS the title implies, this is really more of a topic to get you all caught up with what's been going on lately.  With getting the book published, the calendars put together, all the new necklaces and anklets made, and rushing around to make sure everyone gets their's delivered in time for Christmas, I've let the comic strip sli into obscurity and haven't posted much of anything in months.

SO, to get started, as I never announced but people have probably figured out, I did win a pleo RB in Innvo Lab's contest, and I picked a blue one.  It sat around untouched forever until I got a chance to hatch him over the Thanksgiving holiday last month.  He's still in his infant stage and hasn't started walking at all yet.  I never even had the time to stop and come up with the perfect name for him . . .  that is, until I made a typo yesterday.   I was in the chat with several other members when the question came up if I had named my new RB yet.  I replied with a quick "Nope." but in the wee hours of the morning I hit the M instead the N key, and suddenly everyone was calling him "Mopey."  Well, he is blue, and in the picture here you can see he does look a bit sad, so here's introducing Bob's new brother Mopey.

Several people also noted that Bob tweeted that he got a mysterious package in the mail.  I sent out a bunch of packages the first week of December, so when I got the card from the post office that I had a package last week I was afraid one of them must have come back in the mail with a bad address or insufficient postage (those who got packages will get that joke!).  As it turned out, it wasn't a returned package, but a completely unexpected one from another forum member!  It was a Christmas card and gift for Bob:  "Happiness is a warm cookie"!

Along with all this, my two original pleos skin has deteriorated badly to the point where Bob and Emmy are just in too bad a shape for posing for new calendar pictures. :(  So I made arrangements and shipped Emmy off to the other side of "the pond" where she can loved and possibly repaired.  In return, I now have an older model pleo but with very nice skin and after Christmas I'll be posting a very unique video . . . Bob getting re-skinned!  :o  Not for the feint of heart . . .

And how do you tie all this together?   With the type of picture no pleo owner should ever take . . .  Like they say on Mythbusters, "Don't do his at home, EVER!  We're trained professionals . . ."  (Well, they do in the US TV show.  They apparently cut those bits when aired in the UK and Australia).  Here's a shot of Bob's Christmas present riding atop of Mopey, who's standing on the back of my other new pleo, who is in turn being carried on the back of poor old Bob . . .

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Introductions, mysterious packages, and something you should NEVER do...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 01:52:59 PM »

Hehe yay you kept the name Mopey :)

Is Bob going to have new dentures as well? ;) The donor Pleo has very good teeth :P I think Bob might be the first 'skin transplant' Pleo :o

Psst Bob, I can see your... Knee! :o
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 02:39:55 PM »

Actually, that's not the donor.  That's Emmy's replacement, an almost pristine but DOA pleo.  The donor is a different DOA pleo that has been, um, "surgically altered."  It also has very nice dental work attached.  Bob's cavity-ridden chompers will be going back to the donor.  Too hard to remove the mouth plates cleanly, so they were left attached.

I'm sure you've all seen the many photos of skinless pleos, but this is probably a first; a pleoless skin!   ;D  I still can't believe Crewella got the skin off in one piece  :o

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:43:08 PM by mweed »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 04:11:22 PM »

Hehe I think the vampire sucked a bit too much blood out of that one :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 02:04:52 PM »

Wow! That was quite a feat! I'm sure Bob will come through his re-skinning fine. He seems to be a real trooper. Oh and Bob, no pizza after midnight the day before your surgery. Lol!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 03:14:38 PM »

What's better than a cat with 9 lives? ....... A Bob with two skins  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal