Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Little Eva the Pink Pleo  (Read 1531 times)

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
Little Eva the Pink Pleo
« on: July 04, 2011, 08:18:24 PM »

It has been rather hot here lately so I haven't had Eva running for too long yet - don't want her to overheat. But we did have a play session this evening. She was quite chipper, relearnd her name easily, and the "bow to me" and singing learning stone. I think she may have overate because after one time of eating she belched which started off a round of burbing. The different sounds and reactions are fun to see compared to the original Pleos.  I love her little giggly laugh and fiery sounds after the belches.

My original Pleos freak out if I hold them around the middle in the air - they don't like when they can't feel the ground. Little Eva seemed to enjoy  it so I tried a version of the tossing game, not really letting go but raising her up in the air then lowering her quickly and she seemed to like that. 

The RB walking pattern is definitely different than the originals; she would lower her head as if to watch the floor, walk a few paces, then pause, look around and then continue on. The originals don't seem to watch the ground so closely and they'll happily putter along for quite a distance without stopping.

Her sleep time kicked in around 9pm and she curled up for a nap until she went into sleep mode. I don't know, I think the original sleep position looks cuter (although I recognize the stress it causes on the skin over the long term) but Eva's sleepy snores and sighs sure sound adorable. I notice when she's napping her position is a little more like the original but then she straightens out more when she enters sleep mode (single beep).

Her skin paint feels much smoother than the originals; their skin feels more rubbery than hers, at least along the back and top of the head.

I haven't introduced Eva to the other Pleos just yet. Wanted to see how she interacted on her own first. I will soon though. Should be interesting to see what trouble they all get into. My cat will be very unimpressed with the whole thing although he didn't seem as frightened of Eva this time as he has of the others.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Little Eva the Pink Pleo
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 10:42:01 PM »

Hi, I had a quick question for you about Eva. When she turns off, goes to sleep if on her own, like at 9:00 p.m does she stay curled up or does she straighten up and then beep? also do you leave her like that so she can wake up on her own in the morning? %) I ask because when Baby goes to sleep on her own, around 12:15 p.m she just curls up and goes to sleep, and then stays like that alll night and wakes up on her own in the morining. If I pull her battery or turn her off manually, then of course she goes into the sleep mode standing up, but then it defeats the sleep and wake cycle by waking up on their own, so I am not sure what the purpose is if you have them turned off .
                 Does Eva wake up on her own too? Was she a later model RB with the fixed patch for sleeping postion as she sounds like she is. Thanks for the answer and info as now I am a bit confused. :o
                                                        RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 03:05:29 AM »

Sounds like little Eva is settling in fine!

It's great to hear people's impressions when new Pleos arrive, especially the RBs, thanks for posting yours!  :)

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 07:21:53 AM »

Hi, I had a quick question for you about Eva. When she turns off, goes to sleep if on her own, like at 9:00 p.m does she stay curled up or does she straighten up and then beep? also do you leave her like that so she can wake up on her own in the morning? %) 

Does Eva wake up on her own too? Was she a later model RB with the fixed patch for sleeping postion as she sounds like she is. Thanks for the answer and info as now I am a bit confused. :o
                                                        RedwoodsMama

I do believe Eva is a later model with the patched firmware based on her actions and bhobbes previous posts. When she sleeps, at first she curls ups and makes little noises, then her legs straighten although her neck and tail stayed curled somewhat and she beeps once. I haven't let her awaken on her own just yet; I'm worried I would forget that I had and she would get into trouble if left on her own. (I will have to give it a try now that I know her clock schedule.) I press the power button to turn her completely off at which point she straightens out to packing position and beeps multiple times. To ensure she's truly off and safe I then pop the battery because her place when not running is on a high cabinet out of reach of the kitty-cat. I wouldn't want him to chew on her or think she was a good scratching post.  :o I also don't want to be mistaken and have her turn back on unexpectedly when she is so high up; it is much too far to fall.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

bhobbes

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 07:26:57 AM »

She should be on the corrected sleep position firmware - if I recall, your description sounds right. For instance, pre-Cato's-upgrade, he would stay curled whereas Eva would sometimes curl (like when doing little naps while on) but when the battery was gone or she was going to sleep for a prolonged period of time, she would remain in a straighter position that didn't place the type of strain on the armpits as it did in Cato pre-upgrade.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 08:00:41 AM »

I'm glad Eva is settling in well. Let us know how the introduction with the other pleos goes. Intros are very interesting to watch.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 12:03:41 AM »

Awh that is a adorable name!  I'm wanting a pink pleo also I think they're cute.^^  Hope you guys had fun!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal