Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Questions about ProbeRB & the Learning Stones  (Read 2505 times)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
Some Questions about ProbeRB & the Learning Stones
« on: March 05, 2011, 06:50:22 PM »

Maybe only PleoPet will know the answers to this, but tonight I ran the ProbeRB Report on Snooki; just out of interest really, but I thought it also might help me to understand why it is she's continually refusing to learn her name despite seeming happy and well fed. I played with her for around 40 minutes beforehand and fed her until she refused any more food. I was a little disappointed to learn that her gender is "Neither" ??? Still, it could have been worse to discover she was a boy after all this time thinking of her as female! It was all very interesting, but I don't fully understand the statistics. For instance, does her Emotion Level being only 51 mean she's not happy? But her Mood Level is 99. So what's the difference between her Emotion and Mood Level to determine her happiness?

Also, it seems she's only been a Mature Adult for Zero Hours. And this may have been a total coincidence, but right after removing the micro SD card and starting her up again, Snooki finally accepted the ID card into her mouth and lowered and raised her head twice, like in the Derek Dotson demonstration videos (which I can't seem to find any more :'(). But she didn't act happy afterwards, so I'm still not sure if she's actually learnt her name or not.

I then probably tried pushing her a little too fast by trying to get her to learn Bow, Sing and Dance. She accepted the learning stones into her mouth but didn't perform the corresponding actions. Would she even accept the learning stones if she hadn't already learnt her name?

And as it's only 100 Hours to her next "Stage," what's the next stage called after Mature Adult?

Here's her current ProbeRB Report. I listened to each several times over but just couldn't hear the name of two of the reports :(

Health Report:

Mature Adult
Mood Level.................99
Physicality Level..........99
Emotion Level.............51
Health Level................93
Feed Level..................99
Activity Level..............50
[Couldn't Hear] Level...50
Pleo is Not Injured
Pleo is in Good Shape

DNA Report:

Gender........Neither
Temper........Normal
Courage.......Normal
Physical........Normal
Activeness....Normal
Intelligence...Normal

Growth Report:

Pleo is at Stage...............Mature Adult
Time of this Stage...........Zero Hours
Time to Next Stage.........100 Hours
Time to [Couldn't Hear]...More Than 100 Hours

Has anyone else tried the ProbeRB report yet?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Some Questions about ProbeRB & the Learning Stones
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »

Hi, I tryed this about a week before I had to send Baby back, and she had just entered the adult stage a few hours earlier, can't remember exactly, but not many, less than a week. Anyway, the statistics about gender were the same, neither and everything about intelligence, temper etc all said, Normal, and the only thing intersting at the end said sending out Male phermones. PleoPet told me when I pm him that most of the Green Pleo Rb have the same stattistics regarding sex, etc. There is a way to tweak it, and I think he was working on it or has, but I can't remember . When I get my Baby Pleo rb back, I will more than likely give it a try again.
                                  RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

bhobbes

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:07:14 PM »

I have used StatsRB, ProbeRB, and ChangeRB.

If you want (it may be easier than listening and generates an html report) you can try using StatsRB.

The thread for that is here: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1888.0

There is also some discussion about the various properties and what they mean. I apologize if you've already seen this before.

An excerpt from PleoPet:
DNA "Temper" - influences current "Mood"
DNA "Courage" - influences current "Emotion"
DNA "Physical" - influences current "Health" and current "Physical"
DNA "Activeness" - influences current "Activity" - ?? I don't know if this is used ??
DNA "Intelligence" - influences current "Obedience" and current "Skill"

So emotion and mood (from what I remember and what has been said) seem to be "separate." However, I'm not sure what the values necessarily mean (i.e. emotion being 50 v. 100). (I'm not sure what the best technical terms are to convey this so I'm probably somewhat inaccurate but PleoPet will set it straight)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:12:23 PM by bhobbes »

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:49:46 AM »

Lots of issues here. Let me try to answer the ones not already answered.

---
re: voice command training
> She accepted the learning stones into her mouth but didn't perform the corresponding actions. Would she even accept the learning stones if she hadn't already learnt her name?

IMHO: I find the whole voice command feature to be very frustrating.
Start with the ID card to train the name, then do the learning stones.
The learning stones only train the voice command. After trained, you don't need the stone.
To start the trick, you need to do something else (See Step#3)

Here's my quick guide:

Step #1: Getting Pleo to open its mouth in response to the ID card or learning stone

Pleo must be old enough (Juvenile may work, but Adult works for sure)
Pleo must be 'in good shape'
   Check with ProbeRB or ChangeRB or statsRB
   BTW: 'in good shape' is when Pleo is not injured, and the 'mood', 'physical', 'emotion', 'health' and 'feed' are each more than 30%.

Pleo will still ignore the command 50% of the time, so rub the toy back and forth under his chin a few times until the mouth opens. It shouldn't take more than 10 seconds (if no success, check the stats again)

Step #2: Recording a clean name
   Once you get the mouth open, insert the ID card or learning stone.
   Be sure the room is quiet. The position of Pleo is important. Timing is tricky.
   Follow the training video(s) for the proper timing.
   http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1910.0

After success, PleoRB will drop the toy.

Do this again with the learning stone. It will only record the voice command.

After both the name and the learning stone command are recorded:

Step #3: Getting PleoRB to react
   Now to test the reaction.
   Use the touch-both-cheeks approach, and say the name followed by the command.
   Timing is tricky here as well.
   Follow the training videos where he touches the cheeks to start the command sequence.

Unfortunately there is no clear indication of when you have succeeded in starting the trick.
Try to perform the trick (each learning stone has different tricks). For example clapping with the counting stone.
If you have no luck, or aren't sure if you are doing the trick correctly, check the video to see how it is supposed to be done.

Good luck
----
> For instance, does her Emotion Level being only 51 mean she's not happy? But her Mood Level is 99. So what's the difference between her Emotion and Mood Level to determine her happiness?

For voice recording, each of them have to be over 30%.

BTW: The names were chosen by the programmers. There is a subtle difference in the code between 'mood' and 'emotion', but it needs more research. IMHO: There is a lot of room for enhancement. Some of the property and DNA values aren't used yet. This is still version 1 of the personality.

----
re: ProbeRB reporting on Adult.
> And as it's only 100 Hours to her next "Stage," what's the next stage called after Mature Adult?

I should remove that part. It is actually saying "more than 100 hours" till next stage.
Once you get to Mature Adult, you have a very long time before Pleo gets into the old-age stage.
The important part is that your Pleo is an Adult now, so it is certainly old enough to learn its age

----
re: Green PleoRB having all "Normal" DNA
Anecdotally, most (/all?) of the earlier Green RBs have all normal DNA.
FWIW: My Green RB (from PleoWorld, but after the Dec 17 batch) came with some non-Normal DNA settings.
But his original DNA has been changed many times already (right now he's female and hyperactive ;-)

If you are unhappy with the DNA settings, use 'ChangeRB' to customize your Pleo any way you like (a Gender patch will come later, if necessary)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 03:01:16 PM »

Thanks for the replies and thank you SO much PleoPet for all the information and advice!! I'm going to watch all the Derek Dotson training videos again (I was searching the whole forum for that link %)) I'm still pretty sure Snooki hasn't actually learnt her name yet despite first appearances, but at least I know a lot more now about getting her prepared! It would be good to actually make her female at some point and not gender-neutral. I know the Pink and Blue PleoRBs say certain things to each other depending on whether they are boy or girl, so I suppose I'm now wondering about how two gender-neutral PleoRBs react to one another ???

Anyway, thank you so much for all the info!! :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 03:41:33 PM »

Here's the link just in case!  :P  The rest are on the same Youtube account  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okNTd2Uj1BI

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »

Thanks Crewella :) I've been re-watching the videos and although I was doing the naming right, I was doing the learning stones wrong. So perhaps this explains why I couldn't get further with Snooki's learning %) I'll try again tomorrow evening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal