Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing Scully (Warning - Naked Pleo Pics)  (Read 2327 times)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Introducing Scully (Warning - Naked Pleo Pics)
« on: December 30, 2010, 07:15:35 AM »

I will do a separate thread about removing the skin, but as Scully is now part of the family, however inert he might be, I thought I should introduce him.  He arrived as a bricked Pleo with no signs of life at all, and I could see that somebody had already had a good go at trying to fix him, had prised off the plate around the battery compartment and had a go at starting to remove the skin around that area and his back feet.  In a way, I was really pleased about that, because it meant I could have a go at removing the skin and get a good look at the tech underneath without feeling that I was spoiling a perfectly good Pleo - I originally bought Budge for the same purpose, but there was so little wrong with him I couldn't bear to start taking him apart!

This way, Scully is still a very important part of the family as he's the one that gets to teach me about what goes on under that skin, and for that I'm very grateful to him.  He also gave me the opportunity to amuse myself by taking some rather creepy pics!

And, although he's still struggling to fit in with the others, I did make sure he got a Christmas just the same, and gave him a sweater to guard against the cold English winter.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 07:22:07 AM by Crewella »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Introducing Scully (Warning - Naked Pleo Pics)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 07:28:59 AM »

This is really great Crewella. Thanks for sharing your very rude pleo with us.  I'm glad you made him some clothes. ;D
I would love to see just how you removed the skin.  Also if you take him apart i'd really like to see that as well.  It is very interesting seeing just what makes a pleo tick. :)
Scully is great.  Maybe you will be able to figure out why he doesn't work and get him going again.
Best of luck. :)
Kat

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 10:57:27 AM »

I do love the naked Pleo, Crewella! Thanks for adopting this one!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

binbags

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 12:11:26 PM »

Wow Crewella

They are great pictures and tell there own story.  The follow-up should be great (skin removal) I used to be a Brain surgeon on British Railways. 8) 8)

Are you going to do the follow-up as a video or with pictures?  I know pictures are easyier and one is not shy, like video. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I am glad you took my advice, this will be a lot of help to many, keep up the good work. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 03:28:01 PM »

Thanks, I do sort of wish I'd done a video of the process as I did it, but on the other hand it would have been a very tedious 2 hours to watch!  :P

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 06:50:53 PM »

Such great pictures! I rather like your naked Pleo :D What a shame he doesn't work.

Pleoxie

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 08:15:28 PM »

Wow ! It is a bit scarely to see the skin hangs from its head. The other photos are great ! Thanks.

It is quite amazing to see so many "bones" to make up the tail and neck, it should be quite a lot of work to put them all together !

Any chance to open up the body and see how it looks insdie with all the electronics and moving parts ? 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal