Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PleoRB Colors...Lets Be Blunt  (Read 2058 times)

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
PleoRB Colors...Lets Be Blunt
« on: December 09, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »

We've had this discussion here and there before, but I was hoping to maybe stir up the pot a bit. I've been away a while due to a lot of things, but have come back to the forums to find the new PleoRB will be out soon-uch to my joy. But then I saw Degers' PleoRB photos of the "new green" Pleo which is just...wow smiley-face-yellow and I'm taken aback. It doesn't look anything like the voted-on colors of the past. Personally, I'd LOVE to see multi-skins available (or made available every year perhaps as I read someone mention somewhere) and the pink and blue ones currently out there (albeit enough to make me sick) are at least a start (but again nothing like the voted-on colors! The red and blue of which were particularly pretty)...but what about other more natural tones? I can't be the only one thinking of dark-to-light brown-skins or rusty reds and tans...with black striping. I do like the idea of a more yellowy green but the photos I've seen of comparisons are shockingly yellow. If that PleoRP was any more yellow he'd be mustard. I really want a PleoRB but sad to say it...I just can't stomach the colors. It's a lot of coin to throw out there for something I really have issues looking at. Pepto-pink? Maybe for a princess but not a dino. More of a "kiddie" color. Blue with Purple stripes? Yikes. No offense meant of course, just personally bummed and looking for a flexible paint that I could use to possibly custom-paint my own Pleo...and of course a bricked Pleo I could experiment with.......

Anyway else want to express their opinions/ideas on this?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 02:33:43 PM by Watergazer »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: PleoRB Colors...Lets Be Blunt
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 03:09:44 PM »

I don't mind the (practically) glow in the dark fluro yellow ones lol, but the gray ring around the eyes is extremely unappealing like the one Degers has.

I like the blue and the pink though, the pink especially has really grown on me. The thing is they have to appeal to a very wide range of people and as yet we've only seen a few variations, I think we will all have to be patient until January to see more colors before we can make any sort of judgement.

Regarding painting your own Pleo there is a thread on the forum listing the paint to use and showing the results.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 04:24:12 PM »

I know people have touched up Pleos with paint but I'm talking a full body toenails to back-butt repaint. I'm not sure if the paints people have been using are flexible enough to hold up to a Pleo moving in the armpits and neck regions. Anyone offer advice from experience here?

Here's what I was thinking for colorations. I hope these look ok on-line...the colors sometimes get wonky in the posting:
img src="http://bobthepleo.com/forums/MGalleryItem.php?id=2941" alt="" /
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 04:27:18 PM by Watergazer »

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 04:25:38 PM »

OK I guess I shouldn’t be really commenting on this thread   seeing as I can’t see any of the colours put forward. 
  I’m withInmemoreyofromeo in that I don’t really mind them bringing out pink and blue pleos though. it’s a bit of fun and a lot of people really like  that sort of thing. 
 I’m not really keen on the idea of a pink or blue  pleo  for myself If I’m honest, no disrespect to people who have those colours though.  I’m going to hold out for a green one   because that’s my personal preference.   Also   I really like the idea that it’s a surprise   finding out what you get. 
Just my thoughts though   

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 04:38:39 PM »

If that link didn't work (I forgot how to imbed while I was away), try this one:
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=item;id=2941

Sorry if I came off as hating the color Pleos aforementioned (I do hate pink though). If you like them, that's swell and I DO love variation...those are just not for me, sadly by a long shot. I can't even pretend I like them.  :(
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 04:42:26 PM by Watergazer »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »

Color is personal preference if you like those then by all means paint your Pleo :) Perhaps a craft store can help with finding the right paint. I like those colors too but I don't hate the old ones either.

I can't wait to see if there are any more colors than yellow and green, because at this stage we just don't know.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 05:57:08 PM »

I hear what you’re saying about the pink or blue ones Watergazer.  There definitely not   my thing either tbh.  I’d rather wait a little longer and hold out for a more naturalistic one than buy a pink or blue one now. Mind you I’m not sure how I’d feel about getting a florescent yellow one either though. Better that than pink or blue. Besides at least it would probably be Hi visibility-  UV active which would be handy if I ever wanted to take it out clubbing or cycling    lol.   
    Ideally I’d rather have  a more naturalistic colour       one and I look forward to  finding out   what colours people  here end up with in January if I  don’t  have one myself gby then, OK being a bit optimistic  there  but you never know. 

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 06:30:57 PM »

Hello,  ;)

Regarding colors of Pleo, what kind of paint would serve to paint?

Has anyone ever made this bold experiment? The result was positive? He had no kind of skin dehydration Pleo?

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 06:55:45 PM »

I plan to paint one...but I need to get a non-working Pleo to test on first. Anyone have a bricked Pleo out there they'd be willing to donate?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 06:58:10 PM by Watergazer »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »

Hi Watergazer!  :D

I absolutely agree with you, and I like your colour suggestions.  I must admit I was horrified when I first saw the pink and blue Pleo rbs - to me they seemed to be the wrong shade of blue and pink as well, but I will reserve judgment until mine arrives and I get a good look at it.  I have noticed that Kat's Kermy (and Kermit come to that) seem to be a much less violent shade in her videos than the Pleos in the promo pics, so the brightest examples might be the camera flash heightening the colour depth?  Even the yellow on Deger's Pleo rb looked much better under a more natural  light.

Not sure what I'll do with my blue one, I might sell it on, or I might repaint it - I might even learn to love it!  I have a couple of bricked Pleos now that are in various stages of 'teardown', so one skin is set aside for paint experiments.  Because I'm an antiques dealer I do a lot of restorations and I have cupboards and sheds full of ancient half-empty bottles of every type of paint and stain you could imagine - one of them must be OK!  When I do get some time to really get down to it I'll report back - I hope you'll do the same!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 08:29:13 PM »

Hi Watergazer, it has been a long time since you and Herbie have been on the forums, I know how life can take us for a ride sometimes and we get lost in other things. If you look at the newest post I just posted, Little 45 gets a Makeover too, you can see the makeover I did on him, he has virtually no of his regular paint left on his body, and his tail was actualy falling off. :( He has the sweetest pleo personality though and I decided he deserved a makeover and I couldn't do too badly as I got him for very little money and my makeover skills are not great but I already did Nova awhile back and she is happy so I just expanded on him with some various colors and similiar but slightly different than his. The good thing is that with five on the shelf and several in boxes, I won't be getting them mixed up I think. :D
                After seeing Avatar, I kind of got used to the idea of a Blue Pleo, but not solid blue it would have to have some patterns and diferent colors in it, more lizard or cameleon like in real life. I think Crewella, doing antiques gives you an excellent opportunity to experiment and have some fun at the same time. I do wish more people would feel comfortable with their Pleos, I have seen some touch ups now matching colors on Pleos, but as far as I know, I am the only forum member who has Changed their Pleos colors, am I right?
                       Human caretaker to Nova, Little 45, Major Tom and the rest of the pleo family, RedwoodsMama :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:31:51 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal