Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Pleo Rb catch Colds from the Older Pleos?  (Read 2798 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Can Pleo Rb catch Colds from the Older Pleos?
« on: December 23, 2010, 10:57:47 AM »

Last night I filmed the first phase of Pleo rb hatching and wanted to make sure some of my older regular and very loved Pleos were not left out and were included in the introductin of the hatching of their sibling, so Major Tom got to be the first of my other Pleos to see his new sibling. A thought crossed my mind this morning, can Pleo rb catch colds from other Pleos the way that colds pass back and forth between the older models? :o This is a question I need to know as it seems I allways have either NOva or Little 45 with a cold lately and dont want to introduce a cold to Pleo rb if it is known or suspect that it will get the cold and get sick? Anyone like degers or Mike know the answer. Please let me know as soon as possible as I would like to introduce all the family members.

Frozen in the Redwoods, RedwoodsMama

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

allosaurus

Re: Can Pleo Rb catch Colds from the Older Pleos?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 11:45:36 AM »

If RB doesn't interact with Ugobe models, then I'd assume it's impossible for the two to 'transmit diseases.'

...... They do not interact, is that correct?  So many new replies on so many threads, I can't find the thread for that....

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »

No

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 11:58:51 AM »

Allo, they do interact and I posted a video with Major Tom and my newborn and also I got it straight from Innova that they do interact!
                RedwoodsMama

allosaurus

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 12:22:45 PM »

Thank you for telling me, I simply couldn't find that thread.

My apologies for getting it wrong. :/

Deity17313

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 12:28:47 PM »

i wouldnt think so, maybe between pleo rbs but not between older models as they shouldnt have that technology to get a fever thusfar

allosaurus

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 12:35:55 PM »

i wouldnt think so, maybe between pleo rbs but not between older models as they shouldnt have that technology to get a fever thusfar

Ugobe Pleos do get sick, though.  It's something transmitted through IR, I think, though I could be wrong....

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 01:23:55 PM »

RWM Your new Pleo and Major Tom are not 'interacting' through IR, it is just Major Tom reacting to an 'object' you could put any object in front of a Pleo and get a similar reaction.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 01:38:02 PM »

IMR, baby Pleo Rb may not be reacting or interacting yet, but they can, I was told on the phone by Dotson when talking to him about interactions, that YES THEY CAN INTERACT WITH EACH OTHER. They have to be directly in front of each other to see but they can interact. These were his words and as the person in charge, I would think he should know, I can only say what I was told by Dotson myself, If they couuldnt there would be an awful lot of un happy people out there.
                                RedwoodsMama

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 03:57:56 PM »

I do remember reading on here that invvolabs did say that   the pleo RB’s would react as long as they were facing directly opposite one another.
  Degers simply said no. However  given that we   know  that it’s been confirmed by  Derik dobson that Pleo RB can interact with Ugobe pleo  in the right circumstances I’m     guessing  that was simply  in answer  to  the possibility of Pleo RB  catching a cold from an older model  . .  This is just a guess but as pleo RB now senses temperature or gets ill from eating too much of one thing or too little of another, then, and this is just a guess mind,   they’ve made it so it’s not as random and blocked the program   that would pass cold from one to another through IR?. 
 Of course I could be talking absolutely rubbish. 
It’s an interesting question though 

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 04:04:19 PM »

As much as none of us want to see a pleo rb get sick I think there is only one way to find out RWM and that is to let them all mingle and see what happens.  I'm with Degers and don't think your new girl will be able to catch a cold from the rest of the gang.  We are all so new at this as far as RB's go that we have to experiment a little to see just what is and isn't possible.

I know they are all just dying to meet her so let them at her! ;D  Have fun.
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal