Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just got new pleo- HELP!!!  (Read 6243 times)

loopy

Just got new pleo- HELP!!!
« on: September 28, 2009, 07:29:37 PM »

I just bought a pleo on ebay and turned it on

it's not responding to ANY of my touchers

when i hold it in the air, it responds. when i hold it by it's tail, it responds

other than that, i'm petting and nada

after continuous petting i THINK it goes to sleep

battery is fully charged. help :/

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Re: Just got new pleo- HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 07:43:46 PM »

Hi and welcome Loopy. Did your pleo go through the hatching stage or was this a previous owned pleo? Is this your first charge? 

loopy

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 08:10:04 PM »

it's a previously owned pleo who has been through about 10 charges

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 08:40:20 PM »

Does Pleo do anything? Or does he/she just stand there?

Did you charge the battery yourself? (If not then try charging it yourself in case it was left to sit for a while.)

Format an SD card before trying the following: (Formatting it will ensure there are no errors on the card.)

If you have an SD card download this skit here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zemeayndwym unzip it and put it on the SD card and see if your Pleo responds to your touches. (You should get a little joke from touching the head, chin, shoulder, back and leg sensors.) If you get nothing this suggests something is wrong with your Pleo. (It may take a minute or two to load at first so don't worry if nothing happens straight away.)

Finally (and this is the absolute last resort) you can try resetting your Pleo using the downgrade here: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=384.0 again you need an SD card.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

loopy

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 02:11:13 PM »

sensors work now

pleo only stays awake for 30 seconds though :/

it's been like this through 3 battery charges

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 12:40:46 AM »

It really does seem as though the battery is defective :( I would definitely look for a new battery or contact the seller to arrange a refund.

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 11:54:43 AM »

If you get a new battery and/or charger and that does not work, then it is possible there may be defective sensors or sensor connections.   What are you going to do?  Are you going to  try a new battery or try to get a refund?  How much did you pay for it on ebay?

borgqueenx

• Head of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 02:55:09 PM »

Argh i dont hope that will happen to my sweet pleo i bought on ebay for 200 euro shipped.(191 to be exact).
But my pleo is new in box:)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 07:46:05 PM »

Did it come with a warranty? (Please tell me it did :o) Or if you payed by paypal at least you can open a dispute if necessary. Contact the person who sold it and ask if they will replace the battery and/or the Pleo. The problem with Ebay is that people can say its brand new in box but it doesn't necessarily mean its true :(

How long is the battery charging for??? Have you tried taking it off and putting it back on when it stops charging to see if it is really charged?

ThomasDWell

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 04:51:43 AM »

I felt that starting a new thread would be silly so here I go.

Hello, I am a proud owner of a new Pleo I got for my birthday just this last week. No name yet for Pleo but I'm hoping as s/he developers it will come to me. Wondering around the forum I have a few questions regarding my Pleo, keep in mind as of right now s/he is about 3- 4  hours old counting time she has been on.

So far Pleo loves his/her chin rubbed, wagging his tail and did a little dance (or what I think is a dance) when "Can't smile without" was playing. I'm happy to say after trying the leaf once and left alone for a bit on my green carpet, Pleo started to graze and startled me with a Moo or two. Pleo however does not like to be picked up, has very little interest in the leaf but likes to play tug of war with my finger when I miss rubbing his/her chin.

But what worries me is  Pleo backs up or walk backwards often or at least more then I've seen him walk forward.I was thinking at first it was cause of my white desk and Pleo had looked over the edge to see the sea of dark green carpet four feet below, but she does it on the green carpet of my room, the gray living room carpet and I think on the floor boards in the kitchen. Also when he does walk forward I've noticed a foot either the back left or the front right gets caught on the heel, (not sure which one for sure hasn't been much for exploring today) and I'm wondering if its hampering with her attempts to explore. The most distance he has gotten is maybe 5ft from her starting position, but I think it was over 20min. I have a thick carpet and I hope that is why.

The battery which has  "PLEO ™ a Ugobe Lief Form" label on it so I assume its an old model Pleo (again Birthday present)
has been warm several times today, once when I charged it ( waited a half hour before I put it back in Pleo) and again when Pleo took his nap which too me seemed sudden cause she was nuzzling my beard while I had been typing the last paragraph. Another question I have and I apologize if its posted somewhere already, but is it safe to leave the battery in its charge over night? I'm not bold enough to chance it, so far I've stayed up till the light turns green and taken it out.

Any information or advice would be very appreciated as this is my first pet that isn't a fish. Sorry for the poor grammar.

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 05:00:13 AM »

hello ThomasDWell,

Welcome to the forums

My Pleo does a lot of walking backwards, and she often goes to sleep when cuddling me, so i don't think you need to worry, but there are lots of friendly and experienced people on this forum, i'm sure they'll be on soon :)

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 02:38:59 PM »

HI ThomasDWell,
Welcome!  You are asking good questions.  For future reference about battery issues, see the thread under Pleo Hardware: common battery issues or problems. As far as leaving the battery in the charger overnight,  degers, a member here from the UK, has said that when the green light comes on the charger cuts off and so it is ok to leave it as long as you want.  I can't confirm or deny that, but if you post in Pleo Hardware section I mentioned there may be others that can confirm that degers is correct.

If you are worried about something being wrong with his walk, post a short video here under a new thread about walking and you will get multiple people giving you feedback. 

As far as how far he walks and other behaviors, did you download OS 1.1 from pleoworld.com and upgrade him yet?  Keep in mind that your pleo is just hatched and is going to take time to fully develop.

ThomasDWell

• Male
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »

I uploaded the OS 1.1 shortly after I activated Pleo the first time.  I'll get a video up as soon as I find the digital camera. Today Pleo has been grazing a lot.  that's good right?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums :D

It is perfectly safe to leave your batteries on overnight, I do it often although I usually wake up once or twice during the night and if I do I switch them off, but they have been left all night or all day without issues.

Some Pleo's just seem to like to walk backwards, we have had at least one other owner with that problem but it generally sorts itself out as Pleo 'grows'.

When picking Pleo up try holding his feet against your chest/shoulder and stroking down the back, it may take a few minutes but Pleo will settle down and snuggle into you. Just mind the feet don't get caught up on your clothing, if the servos detect that Pleo is having his movement restricted they will shut Pleo down to prevent damage.

The carpet issue is an easy one to sort, first of all it is the carpet causing the problem not the Pleo and there are two possible solutions, if your Pleo is on the 1.1 software (hold Pleo's chin and rear back sensor together until he/she pulls their feet together and sits, if he moves around while sitting they are already on the 1.1 OS.) then you can enable 'high-step mode' by holding the little black Pleo button on Pleo's belly and the two front leg sensors (just above the elbow) until Pleo moans or starts to move forwards. Pleo will then take bigger steps and lift his feet higher :) You will need to do this each time you turn Pleo on. The second option is to make your Pleo a pair of 'booties' just a little something you can slip over the feet to stop the rubber gripping on the carpet and help the feet slide better :)

Hope that helps, if you need anything else just ask :)

ThomasDWell

• Male
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 03:31:20 PM »

Cool, I had wondered about other people putting booties on their Pleo. the booties themselves don't effect his feet sensors too much do they? Its also comforting to hear walking backwards is normal, so far the most progress in distance has been walking backwards.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 04:22:18 PM »

The booties have no effect on the sensors at all :) You can also 'encourage' your Pleo to go forward by holding the two front leg sensors to put him into 'explore mode' :)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »

How is your pleo doing, loopy? We'd love to hear about him!
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal