Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No two Pleoo's are the same????  (Read 2121 times)

Burberry016

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Male
  • Another Pleo with a "Bling" (or "Pling" :) )
No two Pleoo's are the same????
« on: July 08, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »

I am not saying that this isn't true, but I find that making a programmed robot and saying that no two one of them are the same is ludicrous.  It does pretty much the same thing each time I touch one of his sensors.  I still love him, but could this be true?

"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: No two Pleoo's are the same????
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:57:09 PM »

Physically, each pleo is unique as they are painted (air-brushed) by hand.  But each pleo is programmed the same.  But just because they are running the same program, does not mean they are not unique.  Millions of computers run the same operating system.  So they all have the same basic functionality, and they all respond to the same basic commands in the same way.  And they all start out identical the first time they are turned on.  But from that very first time a PC is turned on, no two are exactly alike.  Based on how the person uses the machine; how he configures it, how he customizes the settings, icons, desktop, backgrounds, colors, themes, what software he loads . . .   In the same manner, pleos have settings that are adjusted but the pleo's environment, how we treat it, how we interact with it, etc.   Thus, even though all our pleos have the same OS, and all start out exactly the same, from the moment we turn it on, we start molding the "personality" a little differently, so each pleo is in fact, unique in it's programming.

Sure, they all respond the same way when we rub under the chin, but some pleos react differently to being picked up, some pleos explore more than others, some pleos, and some pleos eat, sleep, get sick, or cry more than others.  It's because although the program is the same, the values of the variables stored in the setting files of each pleo are not the same.

SO, yes, no two pleos are the same.

Darkwolf

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robots rule!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:58:12 PM »

Well said mrweed... you just saved me a lot of typing.
I am sure he is a believer now!  ;D
Proud owner of my beloved Pluriel (Pleo) and Diesel (Aibo ERS-7M3)

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 02:22:53 AM »

great description! ;)

Burberry016

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Male
  • Another Pleo with a "Bling" (or "Pling" :) )
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:14:34 AM »

Physically, each pleo is unique as they are painted (air-brushed) by hand.  But each pleo is programmed the same.  But just because they are running the same program, does not mean they are not unique.  Millions of computers run the same operating system.  So they all have the same basic functionality, and they all respond to the same basic commands in the same way.  And they all start out identical the first time they are turned on.  But from that very first time a PC is turned on, no two are exactly alike.  Based on how the person uses the machine; how he configures it, how he customizes the settings, icons, desktop, backgrounds, colors, themes, what software he loads . . .   In the same manner, pleos have settings that are adjusted but the pleo's environment, how we treat it, how we interact with it, etc.   Thus, even though all our pleos have the same OS, and all start out exactly the same, from the moment we turn it on, we start molding the "personality" a little differently, so each pleo is in fact, unique in it's programming.

Sure, they all respond the same way when we rub under the chin, but some pleos react differently to being picked up, some pleos explore more than others, some pleos, and some pleos eat, sleep, get sick, or cry more than others.  It's because although the program is the same, the values of the variables stored in the setting files of each pleo are not the same.

SO, yes, no two pleos are the same.
Thanks!!
"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal