Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEO BOOTIES!!!!  (Read 1447 times)

Burberry016

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Male
  • Another Pleo with a "Bling" (or "Pling" :) )
PLEO BOOTIES!!!!
« on: June 24, 2009, 06:14:00 PM »

I must admit, it was InMemoryOfRomeo who gave me the idea- Pleo Booties!!  I made my own!!!  Just remember, you need alot of patience for this.  Here are some simple directions to get your Pleo's feet looking glamorous in no time! (takes 1 1/2 - 2 hours to make)-

1. Trace Pleo's foot on a piece of paper.  Don't litterally trace the foot (such as tracing the nails and such), just make a whole circle a little bigger than the foot.  If the circle is too big, then the booties will fall off.  So be careful!  Then cut it out.
2. Trace the circle on any color felt you like.  Trace four of these circles onto the felt.
3. Cut out a rectangle with the same felt (four times as well) the demensions being 6" Long and 1 1/4" Wide.
4. Use a needle and thread to sew the boot together.  To sew the boot together, you must get a circle and a rectangle.  Get the circle and put the rectangle at the top of the circle with the corner of the rectangle there too.  Sew them together.  Every time you hit a round spot in the circle, turn the rectangle to the appropriate curve and keep on sewing. 
5. When you reach the other end of the circle (360 degrees) then end the thread there.
6. Finally stand up the rectangle on the circle.
7. There should be A perfect loop with the rectangle curving all around the circle and reaching the other side of the rectangle.  Sew that slit together.
8. Do steps 4-7 4 times for each boot.
9. Hope your Pleo looks Stylish in his new booties!!!

-Rottwieler 16

P.S. Maybe I'll add in some pictures of Maxwell and his boots!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 06:26:51 PM by Burberry016 »

"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: PLEO BOOTIES!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 11:57:54 PM »

Great job, I'd love to see a pic :) Just two points to add:

Pleo's back feet are just a wee bit bigger than his front feet so for a super snug fit make different boots for the back and front.

And if you cut a small notch out of the back of each boot (the upright rectangular bit) after you've sewn them, all the way down to the bottom circle. Make the notch about half a centimeter wide at the top and narrow in to a triangle at the bottom and sew that together it will provide a better fit. However if you do that you will need to use a press stud or piece of velcro to fasten the boots as they will not simply slip on as they would just using the above method.

For those of you not so great with a needle, using felt means an absolute minimum of sewing since you don't need to hem the edges ;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:59:46 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Burberry016

• Male
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:32:22 PM »

I DONT KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD PICS!!!  Can someone please help me??
"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 04:21:12 PM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 04:28:39 PM by Pleo Power »

Burberry016

• Male
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 10:50:55 AM »

Thanks!!! Now here is the pic-
~Sherlock Holmes
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal