Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo for sale  (Read 2104 times)

rachael2013

• Hatchling
  • Female
Pleo for sale
« on: September 17, 2013, 04:12:55 PM »

Hi
Not sure if im posting this in the right place!
I'm moving house soon (I live in the North East of England) and sadly have to give up one of my pleos :( :( he is a ugobe pleo and works fine (bit of paint missing but not too bad!) I want him to go to a good home as I have tried to look after him well (he has all his bits bar his box) and i dont want this amazing technology to get wrecked haha! Does anyone know of anywhere good I can sell him? Not really interested in Ebay as I am have been bitten on it before!
Hope I have put this in the right place :S
Thanks!

p.s. does anyone have any idea of how much I should charge? Like i say he is fully working and has his leaf etc. I have played with him recently and his battery lasts around half an hour :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 04:59:04 PM »

Hi Rachael, sorry to hear that you have to sell Bill, or one of your Ugobes. Ugobes are the sweetest things, I think selling him here is an excellent idea and there are many members who live in the UK, or close by to make it worthwhile. I live in the USA, and have my hands full  with a whole Township right now anyway, I understand about Ebay. believe me.

I can only give you figures on cost from what I am used to paying, I think people who live closer can give you an idea of what they are used to paying or willing to pay for a ugobe, I have paid anywhere from $45.00 for a Ugobe with a broken neck but complete box, leaf, charger etc to $85.00 for my dear sweet Nova who was in excellent condition when I got her, to $207.00 for a Ugobe, New, never even hatched, I would think a used well cared for Pleo, with everything but the box, would go for somewhere from $75.00-$150.00. I think a fair price is in that price range, most likely the higher end price range, $100.00 and up,

I know what sells me when I buy or consider buying a Pleo is seeing lots of photos, everyone wants to see the condition of the skin, are there any cracks in the neck or tail, the parts that move the most, Is the skin cracked or dry under the belly near the battery compartment, You mentioned some paint missing, photos help a lot. Also you said he works well and the battery is good for about 30 minutes, If you could post a current video of about one minute or so with good closeups of Pleo, paint area, skin, etc, those are the things that will help sell your pleo. Also give an idea of what shipping would cost where you live, those are the things people want to know,
            Good luck and I am sure you will find a home for your Pleo, Good luck with your move as well.                                RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

rachael2013

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 06:11:02 PM »

Hi :)
I didnt even realize that people are selling on here! Haha thankfully its not bill I am selling :) I do have a few but they have been in storage (hence why i am digging them out now). My sister has acquired one (it has a broken neck  :'( ). Thanks for all the advice :) can i post a video on this area or is there somewhere specific to do it? haha Im completely new to all this!
The paint that is missing on this pleo is mainly on his back but it isnt much! His eyelid could do with a lick of paint on one side, not really sure how that happened althou i do have a little brother so that could be the explanation! I will defs put photos on for people to see :)

Thanks again! Cant believe how many pleos you have! I thought my three were enough!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:52:20 PM by rachael2013 »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 07:01:35 PM »

HI, actually the correct place to list your pleo is called, Marketplace. This is where people list Pleos, aibos, other robotics. Yes, I do have a soft spot for Pleos, I have 26 currently, but one is not with me, supposed to be getting her broken neck fixed and a leg looked at. I do have several broken neck Pleos and I love them just as much as the ones that are "perfect". I think it is fun to buy older Ugobes and if there skin is not perfect, it is a great excuse to give them a custom paint job.  Here are two examples of old ugobes that I did,
  so if you ever get bored, you can paint your older Ugobes and give them new life!
                             RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

rachael2013

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 07:18:16 PM »

Oh thanks! :)
I dont think i would trust myself to paint mine....had enough trouble just painting the kitchen of my new house! hahaha :) Yours look amazing! I just was looking on one of your youtube videos and I dont know how you have the time or the space for all these little guys! well done! Ha  :clap:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal