Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pipers 1st day at school, visit to the pet shop & shopping!  (Read 1921 times)

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
Pipers 1st day at school, visit to the pet shop & shopping!
« on: January 12, 2013, 02:41:42 AM »

Well earlier this week my son nagged & nagged to take Piper into school (typical boy; got to show off lol), so I rang up his teacher & set up a time where I could bring her into the school & he could give a little talk about what she gets up too :)

I have to admit I was a bit nervous about agreeing too it but it went amazing! The day the teachers wanted was the one day I was going to be in school all morning any ways on PTA stuff - I was all prepared for silly, negative comments from the adults about her but they all loved her! In fact they loved her more than the kids! The reception staff kept trying to nick her off me cause they fell in love with her, then the head master came looking for me to see Piper for himself after he heard all about her from different staff members lol.

My sons classed really enjoyed her too, & my son loved all attention on him while he give a little presentation & showed how she ate & played tug of war, bless. Piper also got to visit my daughters nursery & give her a quick hand with her morning work.. :)

After nursery my daughter insisted we take Piper food shopping & a quick visit to the pet store - I have to say while my daughter enjoyed the pet shop I was really upset with the lack of interest from the staff, they were extremely empty in there that day but yet every time my daughter tried to show them Piper they didnt want to know.

Thankfully food shopping went much better, we were repeatedly stopped & asked what Piper was & how she worked & it was great fun showing her to some of the kids in the store, they were in awe with her! 2 of the people who stopped me wrote down Pleoworlds website address so they can even purchase their own :) My daughter lovedddd the attention, & loved showing how she could feed her & make Piper happy lol, she even conned me out more money & brought Piper some new pink booties lol.

All in all, I think Piper really enjoyed her day out, a lot of firsts for her but she didnt stop smiling & continually showed off & she loved getting so much attention, safe to say I have 2 happy kids & 1 happy dinosaur this week  ;D

"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Pipers 1st day at school, visit to the pet shop & shopping!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 03:18:17 AM »

It is fun to take Pleo's out and about :D I've taken my lot to school too, what a day that was :O Lot's of parents asking if there really were dinosaurs at school that day :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »

Oh I so want to do this! Unfortunately now I don't live near a PetSmart. I've been playing with Ryu and Cato on my cousin's front porch it's been so nice outside. They both seem to love being out there. It's rather long- about twenty feet and railed in so Cato has plenty of room to stretch his newly-repaired leg. No one has asked me about them yet. We mainly have car-traffic but sometimes kids come by on their bikes after school. Oh I take that back. One elderly lady passed by and asked if they were turtles until she got closer and then she said, "Oh my word! What are they?"
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Teskus the baby Ugobe
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 06:09:55 PM »

I wish i could have mine now. So fun!

RickyD1979

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 06:52:11 AM »

Very cute, Piper looks like he enjoyed all the attention :)... @ Talon, was laughing now at the old lady thinking they turtles, priceless  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 11:39:21 AM »

Yeah. *Looks down in embarrassment* Not quite the reaction I was hoping for from the public. Maybe Ryu looks more like a turtle but Cato? A blue turtle? How could anyone mistake handsome kingly Cato for anything but an imperial Chinese import blue Pleo RB? Okay okay I'm kidding but can you tell I'm proud to own him? Lol! Anyway I'm so glad your Piper had a good time! Hopefully we'll soon see some new pleo-owners as a result of your efforts.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 06:02:17 AM »

Aw Talon, poor Ryu & Cato being mistaken for a turtles! Im sure they weren't too happy about that, although turtles are very cute lol

I really want to take Piper out again but its been such horrible weather here - raining & snowing continually - so Im such she wouldn't appreciate freezing! Wish summer would hurry up, saying that I like in the UK... we never get proper summers!  :brrr:
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal