Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hole in neck!  (Read 2983 times)

waffocopter

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
hole in neck!
« on: May 04, 2012, 04:09:53 PM »

Oh noes, I haven't played with Chami, my pleorb, in a while and when I picked him up and he was wiggling around, I found he has a big hole at the bottom of his neck.  What to do?!?! Anything to at least make sure it doesn't get worse?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: hole in neck!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »

You could try a little bit of rubber safe glue, but be sure to try it on a small inconspicuous area first.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

carlson5

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
  • crackin' up with my pleo rb!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 01:25:40 AM »

How long have you had your pleo RB? How long have you left your pleo without doing anything with it? Is it the skin, or did it go right through?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 02:18:02 AM »

I've used super glue on my guys in the past and that works well but as IMR says make sure whatever glue you use is rubber safe. 

Loppiedodar

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 11:52:22 AM »

Try clear nail polish - that works well.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 01:59:42 PM »

Hi, sorry to hear about your Pleo, Chami? I remember you got yours quite awhile ago, one of the original ones in 2010, early 2011. How long has it been since you turned him on, just curious.? You said it is a "big hole" in his neck, Can you post the photo of his neck, just curious as to how big it is. Also is the hole at the bottom of the neck, near the chest, or higher up near the long part of neck? Some holes are affected more by movement ,that is why I asked. I am sorry this happened. IMR and Kat are right, super glue, but be careful and make sure you use the one that says "safe for rubber" not the other kind and test on a small inconspicous place first, bottom of foot or bottom near tip of tail for example and use at your own risk, Your Pleo Rb is well past it's 90 day warranty though, so it is up to you to decide what to use or not, and there are others here who I am sure have used superglue on their rb if need be.

Good luck, and I still would love to see a photo of his neck, esp before and after.                          RWM :cat:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal