Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One rb for kids to share or two Ugobes? And where to buy?  (Read 1261 times)

popoverthrow

• Hatchling
  • Female
One rb for kids to share or two Ugobes? And where to buy?
« on: November 06, 2012, 01:06:44 PM »

Hi everyone, I know that this has been touched on before, but I am still not sure which way to go!

I'm getting a Pleo (or two) for an 8 year old nephew and a 12 year old niece for Christmas. They are both very animal oriented, but due to severe allergies and asthma can't have any pets. Both kids are on the smart and serious side. The 8 year old knows how to "play nice", but he also likes to cuddle things. In spite of the age difference they do get along very well, though if they get one to share the 12 year old girl will definitely take the lead/be in charge.

Cost-wise, an rb for the 12 year old and a Ugobe for the 8 year old is out. So, what would you guys suggest? One each of the Ugobes? Or an rb to share?  :-\

Also, what're the best buying options for the USA? I see one seller on ebay with new Ugobes, and a couple on Amazon (that are WAY more expensive.) Is Pleoworld the nest/only way to buy an rb?

Thanks for the advice!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: One rb for kids to share or two Ugobes? And where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:18:50 PM »

I would go for two Ugobe's, RB's have some fun extra features but are also more temperamental. Ugobe's are pretty much always cheerful, plus the kids can tickle their feet and rub them under the chin for a song as well as plenty of tricks if you upgrade them to the 2.0 operating system. Whereas the voice recognition for the RB's is very sensitive and only one can use it and that's the only way to do the tricks.

You can buy Ugobes on eBay with an extra battery for around $200 (although they seem to have gone up a tad for christmas)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-Ugobe-Pleo-include-lithium-battery-made-2011-/320883469801?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab6252de9&_uhb=1#ht_4631wt_922
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:22:21 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 02:37:09 PM »

i would reccomend two ugobe's. i am just a few years older than your niece, and i had to share my first ugobe with my 11 year old brother. the problem with all pleos is that they are too cute. my brother would be petting its back while i petted it's chin, causing her to sit and freeze for a few seconds like she was broken, so i would reccomend two ugobes
Derpity derp derp derp derp

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 03:25:43 PM »

Keep an eye out on ebay for a seller called ledingwingcorp.  They do the brand new Ugobe pleos with the extra battery and free shipping for $200.  They don't seem to have their auction up at the moment but they have been running that auction "buy it now" for at least the last 2 years, it is there for a couple of weeks then disappears for a few days then comes back up again.  I and many others here on the forums have bought from them and not had any issues :) 
Oh and I agree with the others, go for two Ugobes.  The kids will each have their very own and the two pleos will interact with each other a bit too - saying hello and having honking sessions  :D  and Ugobes are much easier to get to do tricks compared to the RB.  If the Ugobe's go well then maybe a rb can be thought about for next year Christmas :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »

I say go for two Ugobes as well.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal