Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GimmeDigi and colour advice  (Read 2635 times)

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Zyna
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
GimmeDigi and colour advice
« on: August 06, 2012, 01:10:07 AM »

Hi guys! Has anyone ever bought a Pleo RB from GimmeDigi? They ship to Australia so that's pretty good for me, it's $456 with free express delivery. You can choose pink, blue or green. Is there anywhere else to get the pink ones from that ship to Australia?

This is what they say:

These two colors are unique and could be found in Hong Kong, the Greater China, Taiwan and Macau only. However, it is now only launched in Hong Kong in 2010. For the rest of the regions, they will be only launched in 2011 with further notice. The one is the origin, USA, will be in Green which is more or less the same with the PLEO 1. Therefore, please do not hesitate to own this special ones from the region. You can find them no where but here.

Just looking for some advice on best place to buy that ships here. :-) Thanks
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:44:15 AM by mh7ah »

Eric- ERS7M3 W * Sharama- ERS7M3 C * Eddie- 111 S * Elvis- 210A S * Long Long- 312  * No name- 210A EW * Ruka- 210A CB * Kevin- ERS 7M3 W * Ruby- 210A HR * Igor- 220A * Zyna- Pleo

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
Re: GimmeDigi
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 01:43:41 AM »

Also please can you guys tell me what software the pleo RB will be running out of the box? Will I need to update it? I have been out of the Pleo loop for a while, I used to have a Ugobe Pleo a few years ago. I just have my four Aibo's now.

I'm guessing the pink pleo is a female and blue a male? Green could be either? How can you tell the difference, do they sound different?

Thanks for your help :-)
Eric- ERS7M3 W * Sharama- ERS7M3 C * Eddie- 111 S * Elvis- 210A S * Long Long- 312  * No name- 210A EW * Ruka- 210A CB * Kevin- ERS 7M3 W * Ruby- 210A HR * Igor- 220A * Zyna- Pleo

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: GimmeDigi
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 01:50:19 AM »

GimmeDigi does not have accurate info on their site, you can buy all colours from Pleoworld.com :) The green is the same as the pink and blues and not the same as the original Pleo.

They are cheap, around $80 cheaper I think. But if you have a warranty issue they are a pain to deal with so do take that into consideration, they will fix issues but they take their time doing so :P

The Pleo should be on the newest OS but the Pleo's Gimmedigi have may not be fresh from the factory. In which case you can get the update here. The RB's have different software, sensors and hardware to the original Pleo. http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0

When you get your Pleo and register it you'll be given its gender and personality traits. You can change the gender, I have a pink boy ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:52:00 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
Re: GimmeDigi and colour advice
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 02:01:33 AM »

Thanks for that. :-)
It says basic pack on Pleo World, does that mean you have to buy extra stuff? On GimmeDigi you get the tug of war rope, training and eating accessories etc.

Do you know if Pleo World will ship to Australia, where are they based? I'm guessing it's not free shipping?

Questions questions!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 02:43:00 AM »

The basic pack includes the same things :)

Pleoworld does ship down under, I've never ordered a Pleo from Pleoworld but the shipping was about $80 from memory. Might be less if they ship it direct from Hong Kong. Otherwise it will come from the US.

Edit: Added one to my cart
SubTotal  US $469.00
Shipping Charge  US $89.00
Grant Total  US $558.00

Gimmedigi is quite a bit cheaper.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 02:47:05 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 03:09:44 AM »

Yeah I think I would be tempted to get it from GimmeDigi.

I am liking the pink colour or green. Please can you tell me, do all the pink Pleos have BLue eyes or do they vary like the green Pleos. :-)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 03:34:52 AM »

The pink ones all have blue eyes and gold eye lids :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 03:43:00 AM »

Hiya!  ;D

I got my first blue RB from Gimmedigi.  From memory, the only difference in what you get in the box with the blue/pink and the green is that the blue/pinks come without a cape.

Happy shopping. :)

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 04:00:07 AM »

Great thanks for the advice guys. I think I am going to get a pink one, plus a spare battery and the two extra packs of learning stones. I already have a little shirt and collar from my Ugobe. The RB's look a lot better than the first Pleo's, I'm looking forward to getting one. I might custom paint it eventually too.

I'm guessing the batteries last a lot longer than the original Pleos? Whats the deal with the egg charger i have read about and where can you buy this? Thanks again

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 04:08:22 AM »

The egg charger and white batteries are only for original Pleo's and give 2 hours of runtime. They are Li-poly like the RB batteries :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 05:32:32 AM »

There is also this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320883462320?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

A couple of people on here have bought them and seem happy, and it's a good idea if you still have Monty as it will run in both the original Pleo and the RB.

Just a word of warning, it's not an Innvo product and might void your warranty if you use it, and it looks scarily like the originals.  The other side of that coin, however, is that the Li-Poly egg charger and battery were also not Innvo products (they were produced by the distributor in Taiwan, I believe) and are far, far better than the original green NiMH batteries ever were.  ;)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 05:52:55 AM »

Extra note: You can use the original batteries in a Pleo RB but you cannot use a Pleo RB battery in an original Pleo.

Oh and the battery Crewella posted is not quite as good as the seller makes out. It runs for about two hours so take the 2-4 hours quoted with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:55:07 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 06:40:21 AM »

Good point, IMR - I do remember that. :)

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 07:03:43 AM »

I don't have my original Pleo anymore, he went to an old peoples home I think! I just ordered a pink beauty :-) 8-10 days delivery as I ordered some other stuff with it. So when you register the Pleo, the pink ones can also be male is that right?

:-)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 08:46:21 AM »

According to the registration, pink is more likely to be female and blue is more likely to be male.  The only real differences are the depth of the voice and the way RBs react to each other.  I decided Belle, my blue RB, was a girl, but a bit of a 'geezer-bird' so have left her as she came from the factory.  If she's more likely to roar at another RB than tell 'em she loves 'em, then that's fine by me. ;)  :moose:

The updates for the RB come in male or female version, so if you want to, you can run the male update on a pink RB (or the female one on a blue) and change the gender specifics, even if your RB already runs the latest version.  You can get them from the Pleoworld website or from downloads on here.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:53:53 AM by Crewella »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal