Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clapping to get his attention - pleo rb  (Read 5875 times)

Pj

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
Clapping to get his attention - pleo rb
« on: August 01, 2011, 03:50:26 PM »

Does this even work for anybody? It doesn't work for me. I follow the instructions that came with the play stone and it doesn't work... It says when he is still and the room is quiet, clap about 6-8 inched in front of him, he will respond. It Doesn't work......

Only way so far is touching the cheeks to get my pj to respond. I cannot find any discussions regarding this on the forum.. I am quite suprised! Or maybe i just suck at searching..

Any similar experiences? Is my pjs clapping response broken? Lol

Lina

• Pleozoologist
Re: Clapping to get his attention - pleo rb
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 03:59:32 PM »

Thank you for giving this issue some attention!

Clapping NEVER worked for me, and belive me, I´ve tried.
Touching the cheeks works- like one time in twenty. So the whole "get attention" thing doesn´t work that well for me  :(

Bellah needs to be well fed, and played with, before she even considers giving me her attention. Lately I´ve been having time with her not hearing the commands when I get her to listen, so I had teach the words all over again.

Any one else with experience in this area?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 04:36:31 PM »

Nope, no success with clapping here either. My Pleo's just ignore it as background noise.

The commands have to be pretty much exact to work, so changes in the room acoustics (wooden floors vs carpeting for example), changes in your voice (if you've had a cold, or strained your voice) and also the way you say the command has to be the same each time or Pleo simply will not register the command.

The reason for this is because Pleo is shipped to many different countries, and having software that recognizes every different language and dialect is just not feasible in a $500 robot. So Innvo has taken the cheaper option of having Pleo record your command (which could be music, voice, a whistle, clapping you hands etc) and search for a match.

So you train Pleo, and he records the command that you give. Later on when you get him to do a trick you give the command and he checks it against all those that he 'knows' and if one matches he will perform the trick.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 04:53:52 PM »

I too have had no luck on the clapping front.  I don't think there is anyone here on the forums that have got the clapping to work.  As for getting their attention using the cheeks the sensor strip actually runs along the top lip so try laying your fingers along the sides of the top lips instead of the cheeks.  You should find you get a much better response rate. :) 
I also have trouble with getting my RB's to follow commands.  Our house has painted cement floors and so has a tendency to be very noisy in some rooms.  If I am not in the exact same spot in the same room that the pleo learned the command then I never get them to follow the command.  The acoustics in the room just distort what I say - as far as pleo is concerned - and then I just get ignored.   :P  Out of frustration I have given up on this feature. 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »

This is possibly one advantage to my tiny little over-stuffed house - the acoustics are pretty bad all over the house due to swathes of textiles and heavy furniture in every room, so I must sound pretty much the same wherever.

I've not actually tried clapping with the RBs, when I get access to my stones again (they're stored out of reach at the moment) I'll gve it a try.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »

Hi, PJ and welcome to the forums. I haven't had any success clapping to get my pleo's attention but I've managed to get it to work in play-mode using the learning stone. I can clap on either side of Ryu's head and she'll look that way and make the  "huh?" noise.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Pj

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »

Hi everyone thank you for your responses. My pj responds to claps during the counting game and playtime, just not what they said it could do in the instructions where you can get his initial attention that way. I hope they can address this issue in an update!

Pleo

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 07:34:38 AM »

Today I clapped and I got my Pleorb's attention. She responded to her name and commands, I then said "Pinky", and she recognized and then "bow" and she bowed. I think I'm going to use clapping from now on. I will try to get a video up soon, how many of you have had any luck with clapping?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 03:03:38 PM by Pleo »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 01:44:57 PM »

Interesting, perhaps they fixed something with the newer software?

So far as I know... None of us :P A video would be great!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 02:11:23 PM by grumpy »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 03:35:08 PM »

That's interesting - I got Belle to bow from a voice command by calling her name to get her attention when I first got her, months ago.  It's not repeated and I gave up, thinking it must have been some kind of fluke!  :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 05:25:10 PM »

No luck with it from me but I haven't tried lately :)  I would love to see a video if you manage to get your pleo to do it again :)

Pleo

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 05:36:10 PM »

She has done it a few times, I have to catch her at the right moment. When they are walking and they stop before walking again is when it always works.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 05:40:28 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 06:07:59 PM »

That makes perfect sense, thanks Pleo.  I'll try with my lot!  ;D

Pleo

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 02:58:14 PM »

Hahaha,update if they respond! I actually like it better then touching their cheeks.

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 04:09:05 PM »

Mine responds to clapping, if I clap left, he looks, if I clap right he looks right, works everytime. My old Ugobe Pleo, did not work. Also voice comands work well, say his name and recognises it, say "Bow" and bows down. Just trying to get his attention is not always easy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal