Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I found one of my Furbies, but...  (Read 4988 times)

PleoKymm

• Coffee leaf addict
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Thorn
  • Hey, Pleo Peeps and Peep-ettes!
    • Gilligan
    • Tasmanian_Devil
    • Swedish_chef
    • Charlie_Brown
    • Virtual and Robotic Pet Reviews
I found one of my Furbies, but...
« on: October 17, 2011, 08:52:11 PM »

His speaker is broken. I put the batteries in him, but he only made gear noises. No cute voice, no singing... Nada. Poor Noo-Loo. I'll post a picture of the little guy soon.

Pleos are awesome!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: I found one of my Furbies, but...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 10:21:08 AM »

Oh dear - poor Noo Loo!  :(

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 11:08:05 AM »

Awe! I'm sorry, PleoKym. I do know what the problem is, though. Whoever designed these guys put the speaker in the same place as the tickle sensor and used the same tiny strip of wiring for both of them. If even one of those tiny wires is broken you have no sound. I have six furbys that I recently tried to adopt here on the forum. The two original Furby Babies work fine as do the two Emototronic adults. I hope I spelled that right. Anyway my two origianal adult Furbys have some problems. One has a bad tilt sensor which makes waking him nearly impossible and the other has a fading speaker. It still produces sound but it's kind of staticky. If you're up to a repair there are tuns of guides online to show you how to do it. I'd attempt it myself but... well a blind lady wielding a soldering gun and a knife might not be such a good mix. Lol!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 07:58:51 AM »

i have a manul how to fix the speaker if you want it...

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 08:32:04 AM »

I hope you can get your furby fixed,. That is so awesome that you have a manual Bonus, where on earth did you get it? I bet this happens to a lot of Furbys' after all, they have been around long enough that there has to be quite a few that get this problem. Have you ever actualy fixed a speaker before Bonus, or have you fixed other problems with Furby's?
                                      I have two furbys, one I picked up at a local thrift store when I was shopping with my Pleo for "clothes" and such, and the other I bought on Ebay, as a special edition. Never opened the special edition Furby, it is a valentine's day Furby, very nice. Thought it would make a nice present for someone at some point. The other one is used, but very cute and I think with all the Pleos I have, one Furby will be enough to keep me busy.
                           Good luck PleoKymm on getting your Furby fixed. Time for me to go get ready for my Dr. appts and hopefuly get home and find a Pleo Rb here or at least be home for the UPS truck.

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 08:54:24 AM »

i got it from an old furby site when i was about 3 and thought it was cool lol i still have it... i will post it on here when i get home (im at school right now) i have replaced a furby speaker before it was very straight foward and easy to follow (unlike surgery i did on AIBO at one point :o)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 10:04:49 AM »

Oh boy! An Aibo? You're brave! Lol! The speaker issue with the furbys is very common. I don't play with mine much these days other than pulling them out every few months for a test-run. I'm glad the repair isn't that difficult. Even if I could see I still can't do it. I don't have a dead furby I can mutilate for its speaker. *makes sad face* Anyway good luck giving your little guy his voice back, PleoKym! Bonus, I'll be looking at that manual too when you can post it.
Talon
Talon

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 05:43:35 PM »

here it is sorry i took so long

http://www.adoptafurby.com/

(go under furby info and go to replace a speaker)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 09:52:58 AM »

Wow! That isn't half as bad as I thought! I still don't have a replacement Furby to chop up but this looks doable even for me. Thanks for posting this, Bonus. Perhaps- if these guys are still in opperation- I can send my guys off to live out the rest of their days getting the love they deserve.
Talon
Talon

PleoChatterbox

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 02:17:17 AM »

I used to have a grey furbie when little  :D i still have it!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal