Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions needed please  (Read 1559 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Opinions needed please
« on: September 11, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »

Found this little fellow on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330612384323?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1156

Old broken down Pleo's don't come up often here downunder so this is a rare find, they are asking for $200 for him which is obviously a ridiculous amount when I could buy one new for that price. However the seller is willing to negotiate. What do you think a fair price would be for him. I am, of course, intending to strip the poor thing of his skin and have a looky at his neck cable to see if I could repair Lilo's and then keep him as an educational tool to show my students just what is inside that skin :P

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
Re: Opinions needed please
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »

Awww I love the lil guy!  Except, $200 is WAY too much... the pleo isn't in very good condition obviously.  I think $75 would be fair but I doubt the guy would accept that negotiation as that is over 50% lower than the original price.  I think you should at least give it a try.  Try to negotiate a bit and explain to him that a brand new pleo would sell for that price and the set price is outrageous.  ???

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 08:54:58 PM »

I had trouble first at seeing his photo and saw the descripton that said, Tail split but can be glued, but then the photo did show up and it looks like split skin on his neck also, For the price he is asking it is rediculous and I am sure those batteries unless just purchased are also no longer good as he said, Pleo damage due to dryness I think, from being stored and where you live is hot and dry, yes or am I wrong? anyway, for that price unless Pleos are very very rare, you may as well forget it! Kat bought one from me in better conditon and even with shipping did not come to that price and the new $199.00 Pleo on ebay has free shiipping so that is a deal.
            Now to answer your question, well in this condition if you just want to try and fix Lilo's neck and use the skin on the other one in the condition it is in, minus the batteries that must not work, he need not even send them in my opinion, I have bought similiar ones here in the U.S . for $100.00 or less. I have bought one that only cost $80.00 and nothing wrong with it, very very minor rubs, so that is all I can say, You must decide how bad you want this, but I would think $125.00 plus the cost of shipping is all I would pay, and I would want more closeups of that neck skin and other, then you can negotiate price down better. ( to your advantage.) If you ever get it and find out how to fix the broken neck, please let me know. Oh, and by the way , how often do Pleos break their side neck cable where the neck can only bend to one direction and still goes up or down? ??? Thanks,
                                      Good luck IMR.

RWM and "her Pleo township in the Redwoods"
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 09:00:20 PM »

Yes, Willow is right, tell her there is a person on ebay who sells lots of NEW Pleos for $199.00 and a NEW battery, ( Kat got one and it is guaranteed she says...) and shipping is free, and tell her there is someone you know on the forums who has 17 Pleos and adopts them out and will get you one for half that asking price and see if he bites the bit. If his was New, good condition skin, then I would say upwards of $150.00 unless they are very rare in your part of the country. All he can do is negotiate with you or stick to his guns if there is someone silly enough or desparte enough to buy one at that price. I did see someone here in the US. pay $300.00 about a month ago for a common Ugobe Used Pleo, now that is ridiculous to me, but if someone is willing to pay, so be it.
                                            RWM

Oh, just incase someone doubts my claim that someone paid that much for a Ugobe Pleo recently on ebay, I had it saved as I watch allmost everyone looking for special ones and rescues. here it is. Another one sold recently for exactly $200.00 and another at $172.50 but a first hatch for only about $112.00, go figure!                     http://www.ebay.com/itm/190558593514?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

RWM
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 02:26:16 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 10:06:53 PM »

Some added info: The seller is willing to negotiate as mentioned. I am awaiting extra photos but yes the skin is in very bad condition, several splits and a lot of holes. I directed the seller to the new Pleo's for $200.

Please note however that used Pleo's are extremely rare in Australia which does keep the price higher than the US. I'm not even remotely interested in the batteries or chargers and would resell them. (Well possibly not the batteries unless they are working) However the Pleo will not sell at the current price so I am happy to wait for the auction to end and then make an offer ;) And if someone does decide to pay that for it, well they are crazy, but good luck to them :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 08:35:04 AM »

I think $75 sounds like a fair price for a pleo in this condition.  If you can get away with not having to pay shipping and just collect him yourself even better.  Best of luck.  I hope they go for it. :)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 03:46:44 PM »

I would think 50-75 or cheaper, with the skin that bad.  Make sure they know your going to need to remove the skin or the Pleo won't be operational anymore, like with what happened to my Patches' shredding skin getting stuck in his joints. Just don't show her the pictures of Patches Pole-dancing.. we don't want her to think she has a model on her hands.. lol.   I hope you get em!!!

- Sarah
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal