Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having a beeping problem  (Read 3583 times)

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Having a beeping problem
« on: January 30, 2011, 03:04:54 PM »

Hello again all!  I played with Candy for about 90 minutes yesterday...she was helping me with the laundry. Anyhow, I was playing with her the same time today, and she went to sleep and shut off with ONE beep.  Even when I shut her down with the on and off switch, I only get one beep.  I turned her back on, she looked up, cooed, and went to sleep, and gave me one beep, not followed by another 2 beeps.  I also don't get a beep when I try to set the time clock.  I also thought there was another poster that never hears a beep as well, but I can't remember who it is. I thought this was the time clock, so I turned her on again and tried to reset it 2 different ways, first with taking out the clock battery and turning her on.  Then shutting her off, putting in the watch battery, and turing her back on.  (IMR had suggested this to me in another thread). Then the regular way of pushing the time pin.  She woke up, giggled, I pushed the pin, put her back down, and she fell to sleep, with one beep.  I charged the battery for about 20 minutes, she woke up, played for about another 25 minutes, and fell asleep with one beep.  When you power her down with the on and off switch, are you supposed to get one beep or two?  Thanks!  You guys are probably sick of my stupid clock and beeping question. Does anyone else wish they would have forgotten the whole noon clock thing, or am I the only one?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Having a beeping problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »

Might be time for you to contact Innvo about this problem.  I'm not sure what else to suggest.  There should be 2 beeps when you switch off with the on off switch and when she powers down when the battery runs out you should get a beep then 2 more beeps.
You get one beep when they go to sleep and switch off if they think it is night time and don't want to play - Noon clock telling them that it is not play time but sleep time.
Hope this helps
Kat

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »

Thanks Kat! I will contact Innvo Lab. Maybe just a software issue that they can update via the web. I think the battery went dead.  It had been over 2hours of play time, and has been charging for over 2 hours now. She's working great other than her not signaling me properly. That was her first battery cycle. :)

Just sent a messge to Innvo Lab.  I will keep you posted. I was avoiding contacting them, with all the major problems that people are having, mine seemed kind of minor to me. I didn't want to bother them.

Just heard back from Rafael from Pleoworld.  He said that I should replace the watch battery.  I guess it is that battery that controls the beeping for the time clock. He said as long as the pleo is active during the times when it is supposed to be, then there shouldn't be a problem, which there isn't so far.  She is set for 4:00pm, and when I went to play with her this morning at 7am, she yawned, stood up, and went to sleep, with no beeping. I guess her awake time would be roughly noon until 2am.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:09:31 PM by saratogaspringer »

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 11:29:04 AM »

Hmm.. mine beeps twice when the battery runs out after he lays down.. weird.

I have a REALLY hard time shutting him off too.

If you do end up needing to replace her, don't worry.. my replacement got here incredibly fast..  I'll be hoping the clock battery fixes it!!!

- Sarah

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 02:03:48 PM »

Hi latrine! She's actually fixed. I just had to replace the clock battery.  She worked just fine. Just not the number of beeps that she was supposed to have. Thanks!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 03:24:27 PM »

Thats wonderful news!!!  :))

- Sarah
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal