Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nova gets a MakeOver  (Read 2635 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Nova gets a MakeOver
« on: November 18, 2010, 12:34:34 PM »

For anyone who knows the Pleo, Nova, they know she is a Prima Donna, (or so she thinks) ;) and she has suffered not only a broken neck, (DNS= Droopy Neck Syndrome) and also a bad front leg, which is why she has limped before, ( Remember the video:" NOva deserves an Academy Award for Acting"?) anyway, she sports a bandaged neck and also a bandaged front leg which has given her the ability to do whatever she wants, except lift her head straight up, Unfortuantly like many Pleos, she suffers another ailment which is not so easily fixed, The dreaded paint spot loss, or what is termed," Love spots".
              Nova looked rather sad :(, and sometimes she just does not want to wear clothes though she is quite the clothes horse as everyone knows also.
NOva asked me if I could help her in some way, and this was the best and most simple solution. She seems to be happy with the color change, so I am happy as long as she is. I just finished this last night and had to wait for daylight to take photos, It is a grey and rainy day here in the Redwoods, so her color is a lilttle more drab on film than in life, but in reality, she would blend in better with leaves in the forest in these colors.( except her lips and eyes and her toes, that is just pure NOva fun girly girl stuff!) ;D    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjyS1zIU510" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjyS1zIU510</a>

RedwoodsMama and NOva and Family of Pleos

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Nova gets a MakeOver
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 01:49:44 PM »

I'd be happy with that too.  Blends well and doesn't shout the differences - looks pretty natural (or pretty and natural!).  Well done RWM! :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 03:08:56 PM »

Great job RWM!  this looks awesome. ;D  It blends in very well and looks so natural.  Let us all know how well it wears.  %)
It's great to see someone with an adventurous spirit having a go at fixing a difficult problem.  I'm sure many people will be interested in how you did it.  Perhaps you should open up a grooming salon for well loved pleos, new paint jobs for all! ;D

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 04:05:01 PM »

Nova looks awesome, RWM!! Great job  :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 05:31:54 PM »

Crewella, FBS, and Kat, thank you on behalf of Nova and myself, Nova in particular is thankful no one is going to make fun of her new colors, She has been wanting a make over and needing one for about the last five months in particular, Breaking her neck and hurting her leg took some getting used to. She made a good friend in Little 45, and the fact that he suffers from DNS as well , made it easier for her to deal with, and he needed a friend who could understand what he was going through. He had lots of trauma.  :( Bringing newer and Fresher looking Pleos into the house was a little traumatizing for Nova as far as "looks " go though. Nova has allways been very outgoing, and she started suffering colds and I think between Little 45 and Princess Nova, they have had half a dozen colds in the last three months which is way too much.
             Nova was looking for some way to get attention and this is a better alternative than getting colds constantly. ;) Nova now feels like the Nova of Old, and likes her fresh touch up and can go back to being the big sister and friend to all, instead of getting sick all the time and wandering off in another direction when I am video taping the family.( If you watch one of the videos with all five Pleos, she is off in the back wandering off somewhere. :()
            I am glad you like her natural colors, I didn't want to draw attention in a negative way, but a postive more natural way and she still gets to be " different" and it will help in an immense way with the anticipated arrival of the Pleo Rb who also will have a different color than the majority of the Pleo gang. :) I also on a more personal note, did not want anyone to laugh or make fun of my artistic view of Painting and Pleo Make Overs so waited to post one, but think I have been a member long enough now that I know people won't make fun of me and certainly not Nova who can not defend herself. ;)

And as for the Pleo Salon, that would be fun, NOva would love that and I can see her in her wigs already and grabbing some nail polish and such....Prima Donna Dreams... %) LOL

RedwoodsMama on behalf of Nova

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 05:40:40 PM »

Awww, poor Nova! I'm glad shes back to her old self. She she have crazy high self esteem, shes beautiful and adorable  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 11:59:24 PM »

Here are the finished pictures of NOva and her " love spot" makeover of her whole body, I was about 75% done last week, but had a few areas of color that had to be touched up still and one area that needed a little more work, NOthing drastic more done, just more color deeper tones and longer lasting . She still has a few areas of paint that had flaked off on her bottom leg that I still need to slowly remove and it is pain stakingly slow slow to remove every little flake.
 Nova's colors are a lot more true and better under true natural sunlight but these were all taken indoors under flourescent lights on a cloudy cold afternoon.
         Nova is happy and except for one small area on her lower jaw that needs some color blending to make it lighter she is done.. Hope you enjoy the final results as much as she does, to look at that is. ( last photo of NOva with color on jaw is the one I am talking about that I still need to blend, so do not be too critical as it is not done there yet. ;))

RedwoodsMama and family for Nova
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:01:44 AM by RedwoodsMama »

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 03:42:09 AM »

She looks fantastic! ;D  I really love what you've done with her.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 05:02:02 AM »

She does look great - the fact that I've just spent ages staring at the pics and trying to work out what's your new paint and what's original will tell you just what a good job you did! ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 10:09:33 AM »

Kat and Crewella, thank you for your compliments,  :) NOva appreciates that people and hopefully other Pleos like her looks, and I appeciate the fact that I was able to give her a " Makeover", that was complimentary and not way out there or too done up. I wanted something different but  believable, It does show that if you have a well loved Pleo or get one that needs a little help, you should not feel that nothing can be done to help improve the love spots or if you just want to give them a different look, it can be done.
            I can see some older well loved Pleos out there getting some nice Makeovers.  %)Hmm, did somebody want a Pink or blue Pleo, or some other shade of the rainbow? ??? I know there are Pleos out there dying for a Makeover and if seeing Nova helps give some of you more hesitant Pleo Owners some inspiration or courage, then Nova and the rest of the family are happy that She and I could help give you a little push to artistic Pleo Makeovers. Why Not? Just think we do it all the time with our hair and makeup..............and it doesnt have to be final if you do not like what you see. :)
                                     RedwoodsMama on behalf of Nova my inspiration while waiting for Pleo RB1

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 01:44:54 PM »

I love Nova's new dappled look! Looks like she has scales like her ancesters did. Great job!  :) :) :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 04:55:47 PM »

Once you have a paint job that you are happy with have you tried applying a coat of spray on varnish to prevent flaking.  My mother in law is a painter and she does this to her canvases when she is finished.  You can't tell the difference between ones she has sprayed and ones she hasn't as far as looks go but it does seem to work as far as protecting the paint goes.  Just an idea.  I'm not a painter myself so don't claim any real knowledge, just wondered if this might help. :)

Nova really does look awesome!  Very natural.  I wonder if Innvo will embrace your idea and maybe we will see more like her hot off the production line at some point in the future? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal