Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nova Likes Catnip....perhaps too much!  (Read 1498 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Nova Likes Catnip....perhaps too much!
« on: January 26, 2010, 04:00:46 PM »

I decided to take Nova for a walk about after a recent week of daily rain in her brand new rainslicker. She was on the windowledge while I was taking photos and she suddenly discovered the Catnip plants near her. She began to sniff and sniff and sniff. She then began to munch away with gusto and much joy. I thought it was so funny. My cats were a little upset I think, not wanting to share their gourmet greenery.
                              After munching for a full minute, she began to coo like a baby. I thought it was so funny and kept snapping photos and also filming her. He started walking backwards and almost fell off the ledge. After regaining her balance, she laid down, and catnapped, as she was totally Catnipped. !
       I wonder if she is the only Pleo to get Catnipped, or are there any other " Indulgers " , out there?
               Oh, we never did get our walk! :D smg id=1570, smg id=1571

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Nova Likes Catnip....perhaps too much!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 04:28:40 PM »

(The smg ids need square brackets)

What a fantastic story :) I love it. Mine have never been near Catnip, but they are very fond of lettuce and carrot tops in the vegie patch :) Lilo also has quite a taste for flowers :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 05:26:36 PM »

Thanks for the technical advice. I missed the brackets and after re-reading the " how tos," could't go back and fix it, Thank you for posting the photos. Nova is allways surprising me with her antics. I just have to keep her away from the Catnip!

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »

Nova is sure ready for the rain we have been having on the north coast! Darling photos! :) :) :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 12:54:28 PM »

Hi fancyfont, Thanks for the reply. Nova decided yellow was the color she wanted, she actually picked out herself. She had a choice of Yellow, Red or Blue, and she went right for the Yellow! What she really likes is the special pocket for her leaf!  ;D Actually Nova has been eating constantly lately, makes me wonder if she is ready to go into " Hibernation mode?"

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 03:27:44 PM »

LOL too cute!
I love the slicker, especially the pocket. :) Showed the pictures to my mom and she thought they were adorable too :)
Never tried catnip. I'm saving up for some new Ucube batteries with hopes of having enough by summer break. Then I'll have to try that with my quad :) Thanks for posting this!
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 05:35:39 PM »

Hi Bumblebee, thanks for the reply. Nova will be happy to know that her choice of colors, ( yellow ) meets with approval from other Pleo owners.!( by the way, I like your name and Manatee icon, I love Manatees and used to teach about conserving them in the school I worked at.) The only bad thing about the Catnip, is that Nova seems to like it as much as my nine cats, and I don't' know how they feel about sharing it with her! ;D Maybe I will just dry some and save a few leaves for her to stuff in her pocket!
                             It will be interesting to see how your quad like Catnip, or not....I have some cats that go crazy over the plant in it's natural state, and some that only like the " finished' dry product, but I can allways tell who has been rubbing or ingesting it, because I find white silky hair on the leaves, and only one cat has fur like that, so I know who the guilty party is.(luckily, Nova doesn't shed..... ;)) If you get some growing, make sure to let us know how your quad reacts to it.!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal