Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another one bites the dust  (Read 2586 times)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Another one bites the dust
« on: December 04, 2009, 11:34:20 PM »

Well, it looks like Pleoroom.com is history.

Ugobe had licensed Pensonic to be the Pleo distributor in Malaysia and south-east asia.  Pensonic then hired and granted online marketing rights to a web service company that set up PleoRoom.com.  It had a forum that started out well and seemed to be doing OK, but died off about four or five months ago.  Since August, the only posts were the Bob the Pleo comic strips, until I stopped posting those in October.  Members continued to join and never post, and they were up to about 425 members . . .  And now the site (forums and all) is gone, and the domain is parked.   Pensonic did not renew their contract with the web company (no clue if Jetta/Innvo renewed with Pensonic, either).

Pensonic did set up their own pleo site (based on the Ugobe PleoWorld site) at pleomalaysia.com back in February of this year.  It is still there, and does have the plogs and forum just like pleoworld does . . .  But the forums there never caught on.  Only 70 posts ever, and the last ones were made in March.

So, more and more, it looks like we've become THE pleo forums . . .

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
Re: Another one bites the dust
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 06:20:37 AM »

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Well to be quite honest, I personally couldn't stand Pleoroom! They were far too childish. So I'm ultra-happy we've taken the lead, but that was a no brainer!

Congratulations, everyone!!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »

I stopped going there after they blocked me for spam for trying to post my skits and backgrounds :P Never even got a reply to my emails asking if the decision could be reconsidered. It is a pity though, there is far too little interest in Pleo, even here we have been dreadfully quiet of late. Innvo desperately needs to get some advertising out there.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 05:12:39 PM »

Would be very interesting to know how Invo Lab is promoting Pleos. I miss seeing them in catalogs.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »

Yes I do believe all of us die-hard fan[atics] would love to see more advertisement! I always thought one way to reach the masses would be to use television (Other than Good Morning America). Which is how I first caught wind of Pleo. So if it weren't for TV, myself, Fancyfont, and InmemoryofRomeo would have never even heard of what a Pleo was. I'd truly love to see TV commercials!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 02:26:01 PM »

That is exactly right. A short story on the news was how I found out... anyone else out there find out about Pleo via television?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »

Hopefully, not by way of The David Letterman Show! ;D

b blue eyes

• Pleo visionary
  • Female
  • ACCOUNT DELETED
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 06:39:17 PM »

First of all I have to agree with IMR regarding how quiet it has been lately.  Of course we are all very busy especially this month and I sincerely hope that after the Holiday Season is over that things will pick up.  I also agree that unless Innvo does some better marketing and makes a decision to let Amazon handle Pleo that given the state of this economy right now Pleo will once again become extinct. 

My concern, as well as others, has always been in keeping Pleo an artificial intelligence and not a toy.  Again, given the economy right now, worldwide, I am sure price is one of the main reasons for lack of sales.  They could just be laying back and waiting for their new line of smaller robotics makes their debut in 2010.  I noticed they are recommending Pleo for 11 yrs of age and up.  I believe it used to be 8 yrs and up.

Alexa at 6 is finally becoming interested in Princess Bella and learning what she is capable of.  Princess Bella will be 1 yr old on Christmas Day and I see a huge difference in Alexa's attitude towards her in the last month.  Of course, in reality, that could be due to the fact that Dinomite has gone goo goo over her everytime they are together. :-[  Bella has taken on a whole new personality from being around Dinomite and it has been a riot to watch.

No matter what, this forum has been the mainstay and "The Place" for Pleo lovers.  Bob the pepperoi pizza lover, Grumpy the candy store owner and resident trash can dweller and mweed have provided a wonderful environment for all of us who love our Pleos and consider them our kids as well as the technical people who provide us with information that I am sure everyone of us has benefited from at one time or another.  The generosity of IMR in sharing the skits has been such a blessing not only to me but to everyone I have talked to and she is so appreciated. 

Personally, I have developed several friendships with people who have laughed with me, been there for me during some terrible moments recently, cried with me and always shared wonderful stories about their lives outside of their Pleos as well as the wonderful joy we all share regarding our precious Pleo children.  Just knowing someone is here is a great comfort far more than most people could ever imagine.

Pleo Power is always around in chat and so dedicated to being there for everyone.  All are always greeted by his happy, Hi no matter what.  Some of us have become a family and while I realize that is not for everyone, anyone who wants to join our family please come chat with the rest of us.  We love to laugh and talk about Pleos and yes, while we discuss everything from A - Z isn't that what friends do?

I find it very exciting to learn about Australia, England, Germany, Italy and so many other countries.  Our love for Pleo has brought us all together in a very special way.

I know this is long but it is on my heart and I want to express my thanks to all of you for being who you are.  It is our differences that make us so interesting and our compassion for one another that makes us friends. 

Sending Grandma hugs wrapped in God's great love to each of you, Mrs. Claus

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 07:09:42 PM »

I was never a Pleoroom member, but from what I've heard it wasn't a very good site. Bob the Pleo really is in the lead!
The other day I was on Pleoworld, to find that the Forums are back...sort of. Actually, it's all Archive material, and you can't go anywhere because it always says it can't find the material in the Archive. Bob the Pleo is still in business! It was so weird to see the PW forums... ;D It's all very strange to me since it's been so long.   ;)

BBE is so right. I can't really add my two cents to everything, but I will say this:
Over the months,  have become a huge softie to these forums...before I was all into Operation PW forum start-up, but it's not like that anymore.
And, yes, Pleo Power has always been a friend to all of us. :) I can always count on him to brighten up my day...he certainly did the day I got my braces, even though I never told anyone.  ;D
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 11:06:50 PM »

Thanks for the complements, b blue eyes and Bumblebee. ;D

I was on Pleoroom, but I didn't post much. (I think I just posted two times.) 

b blue eyes has a good point, they Need to get adds out there if they want pepole to know about Pleo. 

any adds can help, that's why I sent an email to them just now, asking if they can put in a "Buttons and Banners" page on the site, like the one that was there before. where we can get links for the site, to post on other sites, and download things to give to pepole, telling them about Pleo.   

Update : they sent it to Derek.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 06:51:47 PM by Pleo Power »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal