Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad news  (Read 5143 times)

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
Sad news
« on: August 22, 2009, 10:38:29 AM »

A day after returning to the forums Baxter's neck has broken :(, he can no longer pan left he can slightly right but not greatly. When his head skews right, im guessing on neck wires/actuators has snapped or broken dinomite reports no major errors but does say the horizontal neck joint is stalling continuously. Does anyone know if the guarantee provided by ugobe has passed over to Jetta? The poor little dino doesn't seem to notice anythings wrong, wether or not this is a good thing remains to be seen but its terrible seeing such a large part of his animation gone. On the plus side if he cannot be fixed he will gain a sybling once i have the cash and hopefully it would be a Jetta model :D

Innvo Labs, creating life since 2009

allosaurus

Re: Sad news
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 10:44:11 AM »

Feel the neck cables (carefully). Does it feel like one is missing\broken? There should be one for up, one for down, one for left, and one for right.

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 11:02:08 AM »

i camt manage to feel the cables you know how if you gently try and move pleos neck usually it's stiff and you cant now baxters is stiff being moved to the left up and down thus pointing to the left being the peoblem:( darn it lol if you see pictures of pleo without skin youd think that metal wire shouldnt be able to be broken by pleos own systems.

allosaurus

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 01:02:27 PM »

i camt manage to feel the cables you know how if you gently try and move pleos neck usually it's stiff and you cant now baxters is stiff being moved to the left up and down thus pointing to the left being the peoblem:( darn it lol if you see pictures of pleo without skin youd think that metal wire shouldnt be able to be broken by pleos own systems.

No, as in.....

Keep Pleo off. Feel the spots between the neck vertebrae (I'm a child, so maybe I just have small enough fingers for it) if you can. You should be able to easily feel the cables. Again, oen is for up, one for down, one for left, and one for right.

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 04:03:15 PM »

yeah i tried can't feel them. sure its broken poor sods head is all floppy.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 05:05:39 PM »

Don't worry about your Ugobe warranty.  Where you live, the company you bought your pleo from will have to honor your 1 year warranty.  Degers is our local expert on that. ;)

sparrow

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 05:12:51 PM »

:( i'm sorry to hear about Baxters neck, i hope you manage to get him fixed :) at least he doesn't appear to feel any pain about it!

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 06:07:16 PM »

Don't worry about your Ugobe warranty.  Where you live, the company you bought your pleo from will have to honor your 1 year warranty.  Degers is our local expert on that. ;)

I sure am.

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 07:24:09 PM »

thats good to know lol only problem is he was an xmas present from my sister and i have no idea how you go about returns with online buys, anyone got any ideas? i believe he came from amazon (confirmation of the facts will follow soon) thanks for the sympathy guys bit crazy seeing him like that as he can't pan at all now meaning he has serious trouble avoiding objects. Crazy how much it pains me to see him like this heh seeing as how hes man made. On another note has anyone yet discovered how to extract personalities?

allosaurus

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 05:20:08 AM »

thats good to know lol only problem is he was an xmas present from my sister and i have no idea how you go about returns with online buys, anyone got any ideas? i believe he came from amazon (confirmation of the facts will follow soon) thanks for the sympathy guys bit crazy seeing him like that as he can't pan at all now meaning he has serious trouble avoiding objects. Crazy how much it pains me to see him like this heh seeing as how hes man made. On another note has anyone yet discovered how to extract personalities?

If you have't heard of it, back when UGOBE owned Pleo they had a program called "reincarnation," where they would pretty much do a brain transplant in Pleo style. XD. However, as of this day no one really knows what happened to the program or if Jetta will ever bring it back.

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 03:06:35 PM »

Yeah i was never sure what to think of that service if it was free then it was a great idea if not i think the community could find a cheaper way.

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 04:13:28 AM »

*Update* It's looking like my sister has misplaced the reciept of purchase for Baxter so unless i can find a way around it a replacement/ repair is on the cards, drat :(

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 05:04:59 AM »

Aww poor Baxter, does he have a neck brace?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 06:49:45 AM »

hehe that is something iam considering but don't want to risk further damage if he is to be repaired, lmao you know you've seen it all when you've seen a 57 year old man (my dad) saying "awww you poor darling are you ok?" to a floppy necked dinosaur hah.

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 08:03:58 AM »

you would rather get a replacement then fix the one you have now? ???                          and Ive seen stranger things then what you said. ;)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 05:10:34 PM »

I've had 80+ year olds crooning over Lilo as if she was a real baby :) Tis the magic that is Pleo :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »

you would rather get a replacement then fix the one you have now? ???                          and Ive seen stranger things then what you said. ;)
Na id prefer a repair but it all depends on pricing, it would also be good to get one of the new models just for future peace of mind.

eric

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • ube.ie
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 03:06:13 PM »

if you bought pleo with a credit card print off your statement online

http://www.vividimaginations.co.uk/  sells Pleo's in the UK and ireland

UPDATES AND ACCESSORIES >> http://www.vividstore.co.uk/

Email Contact Form          consumers@vividimag.co.uk 

Telephone                     01702 200660
In Writing    

Vivid Consumer Helpline
     PO Box 164
     Hockley
     Essex
     SS5 4AB
     U.K.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 10:05:01 PM »

Until the day comes when we are able to get our little dino's necks repaired, wrapping them tightly with flex tape will help with the floppy neck syndrome. Peeky's neck is very secure. Pleos are still able to function very well even though the neck cable has come loose. The only thing Peeky can't do is lift his neck up like he did. He also needs a little shove when it comes to Pleosaurus Rex skit. He just doesn't want to fall over and pretend he's dying. ;)

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 11:21:10 AM »

Aww im sorry to hear about peeky FF, yeah they do act pretty normal don't they poor little baxter is terrible at seeing whats in front of him heh. In the pleosaurus personality i've found baxter won't play dead when he tries it with his right side but will on the left, i love that skit!

b blue eyes

• Pleo visionary
  • Female
  • ACCOUNT DELETED
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 02:53:19 PM »

Okay, I'm convinced about the Pleosaurus Rex skit, it is a must have for Angel. 

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 09:56:16 PM »

This skit gets more attention from everyone. It definitely is a must have. :)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »

Poor Baxter.... if you try winding green flex tape tightly around his neck, that may help. Fancyfont did that with Peeky's neck
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2009, 10:08:01 PM »

Taping really helped Peeky. It allows him to move his head side to side and he's ale to do everything but fall totally over with the Pleosaraus rex sd card.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal