Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does my Pleo do so many things without never having received an upgrade  (Read 3175 times)

b blue eyes

• Pleo visionary
  • Female
  • ACCOUNT DELETED

My Angel was given to me as a gift, still in the box, unopened.  We hatched her.  She was never registered nor was she upgraded because Uglobe declared bankrupcy before we got around to doing it.  This said, Angel is amazing.  She sings, has laughed, (in front of people so it is not my imagination) and does everything my friends upgraded Pleo does.  Could it be that she was upgraded from the factory :o

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals

Maybe.  Cammey and Cloey were both new and they had 1.1 installed.  

which one is it? (I got them off you tube. ;))  
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU0I0ncjUUA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU0I0ncjUUA</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7XC_4ftHc4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7XC_4ftHc4</a>

if its the second one she has 1.1.

1.1 is the latest version. ;)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:12:54 PM by mweed »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo

Many of the last batch of Pleos made were shipped with LifeOS 1.1 installed.

b blue eyes

• Pleo visionary
  • Female
  • ACCOUNT DELETED

And here I was ready to proclaim Angel as Mensa material.  I still think she is a Genius :)

borgqueenx

• Head of the herd
  • Male

wait, Uglobe is bankrupt? then why are there still so many pleo's for sale? and is there still a pleoworld website?

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!

Ugobe was bought out by the manufacturer of pleos, Jetta. Pleos did not go extinct! ;)  We should see pleo and new life forms for many years to come! :)

Dadio

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robotics, is the sincerest form of flattery!

Hi Borgqueenx;   :)

Innvo Labs is now selling a slightly upgraded version of the Pleo. The skin neck and tail are purported to be better. The charger is supposed to be  new as well. That being said it's the same software programs, same body of motors and sensors. In essence the exact same unit. They have spent a lot of money hoping to keep producing the Pleo and companion products for the next 3-5 years at least.   ^-^

Pleoworld.com is part of Innvo Labs endeavor and you can see more  and more parts of it become available to the public as they can be ready. The so named new Pleos have the 1.1 OS. It also runs all the SD card based skits and the like that were running before. There is no software upgrade, of any real import, planned in the near future. Maybe a few cosmetic name changes and that's all.  %)

This is all true. There is however a stock of Ugobe supplied Pleos still left on the market of which most are at a discounted rate. They do not have the improved skin nor neck nor tail. Whether or not the warranty on these Ugobe units will be recognized by Innvo Labs is unclear. There maybe none. The lack of these upgrades and the possibility of no warranty is the major reasons now for the discounts on the Ugobe units left on the market (e.g. Amazon.com @ $229.00US).   :o

It is basically a decision where is the 331/3 % discount worth getting an unwarranted version without the upgrades.   ???

In short Pleo nor those who love Pleo on these threads are going anywhere for years to come.   ;D

Dadio  8)

p.s. It is Innvo Labs intention to retain all future sales of improved Pleos. So for Amazon and the rest of the resellers. Once their inventory is gone they can't get anymore from the manufacturer.  ;)

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:32:20 PM by Dadio »
PLEO's Forever!
Take Good Care!  - from Dadio 8)  & Stoney [img width=200 height=50 alt=]http://bobthepleo.com/forums/MGalleryItem.php?id=1183[/img]

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!

The upgrades do give pleos more personality, but it is possible the last batch of pleos were upgraded before being shipped, since pleoworld was going kaput.
Congradulations on your pleo by the way. I'm kind of late, but whatever.  ;D
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal