Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod touch users??  (Read 3114 times)

Burberry016

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Male
  • Another Pleo with a "Bling" (or "Pling" :) )
iPod touch users??
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:47:47 PM »

Whoever has an iPod touch tell me what they think of it :).  I personally love mine better than my phone.  Same with the iPhone if anybody has that ;).

"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes

Crystal:.

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • My Pleo, Frisbee.
    • Pleo Star
Re: iPod touch users??
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 08:07:28 PM »

I have an iPod touch and I love using the internet with it, playing games, and listening to music on it. I think its awesome how you can do so much stuff on it. But now I've stopping using apps on it. I don't feel it's worth paying for most of those games and the free ones seem so cheap and boring to me. The only game I've bought is a really awesome one called Myst. You should try it. ;) I have a pink case that covers my iPod. How good do you think the iPhone is for using the internet???
Does your Pleo have what it takes to be a Superstar? Visit www.pleostar.tk

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 08:21:59 PM »

The only game I've bought is a really awesome one called Myst.
Myst!?! the original Myst?  ???   we've got that game for the Sega Saturn and PC. (from I'm not sure when, some time in the ninety's.)  have you been able to get of that stinking island?  (I've never gotten very far in it, and haven't played it in a looooog time.)   (and I said "We've" because I wasint playing it then, not sure what year we got it but I've seen pictures of me when I was about 3 and in the backround, theres the Myst PC box on a shelf.)

(and sorry for the offtopicnes in this post. :-[)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 09:25:35 PM »

I have a pink case too :P

I love Myst, and Return to Mysterious Island (similar sort of game). I also quite like the Facebook app, the IM+ App and a couple of other games: Tanzen, Farkle, Bookworm, Cro-Mag, Gold Rush, Pocket God, Virtual Villagers 2 (VV1 was made by a different company and kinda sucks), Virtual Families and AquaForest (physics game) are all ones that now live on my Touch :)

Oh and I love using it for internet while I'm sitting in front of a toasty fire :D (IPod Touch also has internet but via wireless network only)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Burberry016

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Male
  • Another Pleo with a "Bling" (or "Pling" :) )
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 03:50:01 PM »

Oh, yeah.  I got mine when it first came out so I spent like $400 for an 8 gb :'(, then spent another hundred total for all the upgrading.  Does yours have a speaker?
"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 06:44:25 PM »

Yup mine was the latest one with speaker and microphone (no camera though) and it was already on the OS3, I think it is appalling that they are charging people to upgrade to the new OS, that's shocking :o

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • My Pleo, Frisbee.
    • Pleo Star
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 01:39:24 AM »

Yeah right now I'm hesitating to pay 10$ for some update that adds movie apps when I have an Apple T.V that gives me movies from iTunes but at a much better quality (we have a HUGE tv with the best quality :D ). 

If you liked Myst  I suggest the second game in the series Riven. ( one of my fav games in history) But even better than Riven is a much more modern game called Myst: Uru where you can explore tons of ages and unlock their secrets in a fully explorable, movable, 3D evironment. No more annoying point and click. ;) And the Ages are not as impossible as the original myst game. The storyline is good too.

Ok now I sound like some terrible TV ad. Sorry, couldn't resist a chance to encourage people to buy such a good game! :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 04:29:54 AM »

Thanks! I'll look it up :)

radioastronomer

• Cycad leaf fancier
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 08:33:17 AM »

Whoever has an iPod touch tell me what they think of it :).  I personally love mine better than my phone.  Same with the iPhone if anybody has that ;).

I have a 32G 2nd Gen touch. Love it. There are advantages to the new iPhone though. Same 32G finally; but also includes a magnetic compass, GPS, Phone, and camera. Pretty packed little unit. BTW, they all run on ARM-11s.

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • My Pleo, Frisbee.
    • Pleo Star
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 11:27:20 PM »

I've never figured out how to work the GPS on the iPhone. And here in Canada you can only get Rogers, which covers only the major cities. Supposedly in a few months you can use Telus, which covers everywhere. They also make you sign a 3 year contract when you get the phone. So if you don't like it for some reason, you're stuck with it for 3 years unless you return it within 15 (Or 30 depending on how many minutes you've used.) days.

Starfire

• Head of the herd
  • Female
  • Pleo's seranade Seaworld
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »

I've got the new Iphone and love it.  I use a geocaching program on it when I don't have my handheld GPS with me.  It's not as good but works.  Accessing the internet with it has been great. Being able to rotate and zoom in on pics and text really makes it much more user friendly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal