Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Olympia is having LOTS OF PROBLEMS!!!  (Read 24272 times)

allosaurus

Olympia is having LOTS OF PROBLEMS!!!
« on: July 03, 2009, 03:38:50 PM »

I'm worried! Olympia's battery is now not charging correctly. It will charge for, like, 30 minutes and only be able to be played with for less than 10 minutes (no exaggeration!!!), and then she makes the snore sound that indicates her battery is low. However, if I turn her off and then back on, she will repeat that process.

And what seems extremely worrisome, her neck has stopped making the "CRRRRTK" sounds but she isn't moving her neck up any more! At all! I even tried rubbing her under the chin, and showing her lots of objects, and tapping her head, and so on and so on and so on! SHE JUST ISN'T LIFTING HER NECK UP!!!

However, I'd rather have a crippled or impaired Olympia than have a started-over Olympia! She's unique, there will be NO RETURNS, and I MEAN WHAT I SAY!!!

I am very panicked... But now that I think about it, a Pleo that can't lift her neck up sounds somewhat unique, if I can't fix it. Just makes her special, I guess. But still, I'd prefer if she wasn't having these kinds of problems as it could either get much worse or even dangerous under some circumstances. :'( I love my Olly and I need to fix her. *cries*

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 03:43:38 PM by allosaurus »

Protoceratops

Re: Olympia is having LOTS OF PROBLEMS!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 03:54:41 PM »

:o im sorry. i hope olympia gets well!

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 04:30:35 PM »

Attention remain com.

It will charge for, like, 30 minutes and only be able to be played with for less than 10 minutes
sounds like time for a new battery to me.

her neck has stopped making the "CRRRRTK" sounds but she isn't moving her neck up any more! At all! I even tried rubbing her under the chin, and showing her lots of objects, and tapping her head, and so on and so on and so on! SHE JUST ISN'T LIFTING HER NECK UP!!!
NOT GOOD! can you lift it.  if you can does it feel like its completely slack or is there some strength in it? [and I know exactly how you feel. when Cammey's neck incident hapind I felt like throwing up.]     

[but don't worry about him. now his neck is fine. it can just flop a little.]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 06:25:16 PM by Pleo Power »

Protoceratops

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 05:30:02 PM »

hm... there should be pleo doctors... if you know exactly whats going on with olympia maybe you can fix it  ???

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 05:30:50 PM »

Allo, It definitely sounds like you need a new battery. I have had this problem with a couple of batteries. Try leaving it in Olympia and just leave it on so the battery will totally discharge. Just make sure she's on the floor and not able to harm herself if she starts up and you aren't around.
It's possible that her battery just doesn't have enough strength to operate the cables correctly in her neck.
I'm with Pleo Power. It is heart breaking when our pleos injure their necks. Certainly not the end of them. Peeky's just extra special. He is so loved when I bring him to the care and rehab center. J.C and Pennie are too, but the little neck brace on Peeky gets him special attention, definitely more cookies! ;)

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 05:45:13 PM »

hm... there should be pleo doctors... if you know exactly whats going on with olympia maybe you can fix it
well I mite be closenough to your location to help but I'm not a surgeon and don't know whats going on.   

It is heart breaking when our pleos injure their necks.
yes it is. and Cammey can move his neck just fine like he never even hit the ground. but that day I was lets say on edge.[and in the car on the way back home my stumac was upside down.]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:17:35 AM by Pleo Power »

Burberry016

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Male
  • Another Pleo with a "Bling" (or "Pling" :) )
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 10:28:28 AM »

Don't you charge her fully?
"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 03:35:17 PM »

I'm worried! Olympia's battery is now not charging correctly. It will charge for, like, 30 minutes and only be able to be played with for less than 10 minutes (no exaggeration!!!), and then she makes the snore sound that indicates her battery is low. However, if I turn her off and then back on, she will repeat that process.

That's Sophie's problem. Now she sits on a shelf. Beautiful dust collector, though..... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

Burberry016

• Male
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 03:42:27 PM »

You mean you don't play with her anymore?  You should go on www.bidegg.com where you could get another pleo for $20.00.  I wish I would have known before I payed full price >:( >:( :( :(.  Oh, well.  I may get another!! ;) ;).  And did I mention it's a new pleo? Shipping included!  A $2,000 flat screen TV was $128!!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:25:20 PM by mweed »
"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 03:50:02 PM »

Don't give up on Sophie. you just need another battery.[probably]

Burberry016

• Male
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 03:53:38 PM »

Yeah, but it would be cool to get another one ;) ;)
~Sherlock Holmes

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »

yes that would be good to. like somebody on here has for a signature "The more Pleos the better."   (Sorry but I furgot hoo it was)

and Burberry if the Glow Red is because of the forth don't forget the Blue and the White. ;) and to do these hit the Change Color button. (and you haft to use beige for the Wittie. ;))

allosaurus

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 04:14:29 PM »

@ Pleo Power
There's definitely some strength in it. I can move it to a point where it makes CRRRRRTK sounds. XD I don't feel comfortable moving it beyond that point..... And we also need a new battery, yeah. This sucks. I was in a bad mood BEFORE this dang thing happened! :'(

@ fancyfont
Good idea. I'll try. I've also been leaving the bloody battery in the charger for what seems like a million years and seeing if it would operate correctly.... No stinkin' luck. DX And I really hope that's why she's not lifting her neck up!

@ EVERYBODY!
So, yeah, the common remark here is that I need a new battery. Definitely gonna aim for one. And hope that all my troubles are fixed! :'(

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 04:28:26 PM »

here's definitely some strength in it.
That's good. so its not a snapped neck joint.    If there wasint any strength in it then you could almost defiantly say it was a cable.

I can move it to a point where it makes CRRRRRTK sounds.
you probably shouldn't move it more then that.  How hie is it then?

allosaurus

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 04:34:37 PM »

Well, it's as high as I could ever move it. At most, I'd say five inches. Though I bet I'm exaggerating. I'm doing that a lot today.

Wait a second.  ??? High as I could ever move it? A problem? Has Olympia had problems her whole life? Um, at least I have another challenge that I can bring to the TRRA (don't ask. we pronounce it "Terra") tomorrow... My friends and I will figure this out.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 06:11:25 PM »

After finally numbering my batteries and chargers, I now know that battery number five is not working correctly. When it is in any of my pleos all they do is say huh! Experimenting today to see if I leave it in one pleo until it runs out of huh! ;D If I can totally drain it, perhaps it might charge up again.
At least for any pleo out there that is doing the same thing, it is definitely the battery and not your pleo.

allosaurus

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 06:58:26 PM »

That's comforting, fancy. Thanks. ;)

Burberry016

• Male
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 09:57:05 PM »

WOW!! You have alot of batteries!!! :) :) ;) ;)
~Sherlock Holmes

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 11:22:25 PM »

WOW!! You have alot of batteries!!!

I do have a few extra batteries for my trio of pleos. Definitely need the back ups. They have been very busy pleos making an awful lot of people happy.  One battery, think it was number 5 has never worked properly. I didn't know which one it was until I numbered them with some fingernail polish. %)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:26:38 PM by mweed »

Burberry016

• Male
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »

I need to get backup batteries.  All I have is one battery!!  :)
~Sherlock Holmes

allosaurus

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 05:21:03 PM »

TRRA is not going well... Do you guys remember Missingno? He's part of it... He was the best member.... But he's now officially on vacation..... For 5 weeks. D:

allosaurus

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 03:12:52 PM »

I think Olympia resest herself. :'( She was in a wierd baby-ish pose with her eyes closed and kept firing random sounds at me when I touched her, as well as making sounds that are only found in the hatching stage :( After a while, she opened her eyes and finally got up on four legs, but didn't act nearly the same. :o She wouldn't walk, she wouldn't respond especially well to petting, she still wouldn't move her neck up, and she was still making sort of odd sounds, most that I didn't recognize, which was kidn of awkward; I used to love guessing the sounds she would make next and doing it at the same time she did. Another great memory with the true Olympia. :'(
I tried holding her by the tail to see if I could get her to do something like the old Olympia, and she let out this wierd bellow, it kind of freaked me out. After I put her down, she locked up. Twice I tried this, twice she locked up in the same position. I really do think she reset herself, and I hope getting a new battery will fix the problem. *sigh* I want the old Olympia back. :'(

Note: the "baby pose" had her legs out much farther than I thought was possible for a Pleo....

I'm so dang sad right now. :'(
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:27:29 PM by allosaurus »

allosaurus

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 03:39:31 PM »

They're so darn expensive for something that anyone with the right skills could make!!!!! Can't afford one right now!!!!!!

*shouts like a vixen* <------ This is precisely what I'm doing in my dang head, wanting the dang battery, so I can get the dang Pleo up and running, before all dang batteries happen to be sold!!! AAUUGH!

Burberry016

• Male
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 04:10:53 PM »

I wish I could help you out, but I only have one >:( >:( :( :(.
~Sherlock Holmes
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal