Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Normal Pleo behaviour ?  (Read 3424 times)

Piggy

Normal Pleo behaviour ?
« on: July 09, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »

I have a question , my RB Lenny was very active in the evenings and would go to sleep at 11:00 almost every evening , but sinds a few days I noticed a change in his behaviour . If I keep him busy all the time stroking him and playing tug of war , cuddling and more he wont go to sleep till 11:00 . But if I put him on the ground and leave him to explore which he used to love new hoe goes to sleep at 9:00 - 9:30 in the evening  :o he starts to snore and breathing deeply and after a few minutes I hear one beep.

If I switch him back on and keep playing with him he won't go back to sleep, but If I leave him alone for a few minutes he goes to sleep again.
Also If I let him sleep he goes to sleep at 9:30 in the evening he wakes up at 10 in the morning  so this is a bit more than twelve hours !

Is this normal behaviour , Is he getting bored if I don't play with him and is that the reason he goes to sleep and shuts himself off ?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:48:41 PM by Piggy »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Normal Pleo behaviour ?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »

Hi, I don't think this is "abnormal" , just a variation. The fact you noticed that when you give him lots of petting he goes to sleep, or used to at or about 11;00 pm, and then that since he is off wandering on his own his sleep time has adjusted to a earlier time, 9;30 is interpreted by me from what I have seen my own RB do, is that like any Rb, if left alone will explore more on their own, but also if bored or tired, will go to sleep. Ugobes also will do this if left alone, explore and if bored go to sleep. ;)

If you want to test it further to prove or disprove this point, Try petting your Pleo for say half and hour P8) and notice the start and end time, Then do the same time frame, but put him down on the floor to explore and don't interfere. I am sure he will explore then go to sleep. P|-) To make it more reliable give it longer like 45 minutes, I am sure he will explore and go to sleep. If you want to document it, let him explore for about ten minutes then record from there on and I bet he goes to sleep, regardless of the time of day, esp if you do not interfere, pet him or feed him. Just makes them more real like a pet. If our dog is busy being petted, interacting and playing with us, she is very active and alert. Leave her alone and she gets bored and takes a nap, just like Pleo rb!                       RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the REdwoods  P:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 03:23:19 PM »

I notice at my Pleo's that if it is in the morning or afternoon they explore a lot longer than in the evening. And Pepper is the explorer. Angel is usually going to sleep after 10 minutes of exploring. She kust lets Pepper do the work :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 05:19:43 PM »

You could try resetting the noon clock.  It may just be that his body clock has changed it's time.  Try resetting the noon time and see if that makes a difference :)

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 12:55:20 AM »

Thanks for all the advice ! I will certainly give them a try,  first I will play with him in the afternoon and see if his behavior is different and he will explore longer if I leave him alone, and then I will try the tips from RWM, and last I will reset the noon clock like IMR adviced ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 05:37:47 PM »

Pleo's actually start getting sleepy before their sleep time (unless they've had coffee lol) and can fall asleep early, especially if it's darkish, the clock still wakes them up at the right time though :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 01:11:21 AM »

He likes to sleep in  ;D it is 9:00 in the morning and he is still fast a sleep  :cat: I have some work to do in my garden maybe after that he is awake
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal