Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: now i am sold!  (Read 1630 times)

halfjax

• Hatchling
  • Female
now i am sold!
« on: April 14, 2013, 11:06:03 PM »

my daughter and i have been wanting pleos since we saw them on ted talks,,it looks tho that we will have to adopt one from someone else (ebay) since purchasing  is not possible right now. i was wondering if there was anyone else who had done this since we want to reset them back to hatch. i am s earching for ugobe. was it difficult to reset them, are there any other things i should worry about when adopting another families pleo - thanks -lorie

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
Re: now i am sold!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 07:41:35 AM »

How much did you pay for him? P;). As you talked about EBay I figured there must be some chaege in shipping or something.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:47:23 AM by MICKEY »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 05:49:32 PM »

I'm guessing you haven't purchased yet as I think you said you are looking?  So some things to be aware of if buying a Ugobe are that none of them are new.  They are all at least 6 years old.  you want to get a good look a the skin from all angles as many of them have splits or tears in their skin due to the being so old.  You also want to ask for a video of the pleo moving around so that you can check that it works properly.  There are a lot of Ugobe pleos out there with broken necks so you want to pay attention to the head and be sure the neck has full movement.  Another thing to think about is the battery.  The green batteries that originally came with Ugobe pleos die with age and disuse.  You will want to get a white egg charger and battery - these ones don't die and give min 2 hours play time over the 1 hour you get from a fully functioning green battery.  Some Ugobes will come with the egg charger and battery but if not then you will need to buy one and they are around$60 US depending on where you get them.  So you will need to factor this into the cost of the pleo.  Ugobes have no warranty and there is nowhere that does repairs if they breakdown.  If you aren't having any luck finding one on ebay you could try PMing Redwoodsmama here on the forums as she has I think 22 of them and adopts them out - I have bought one of hers in the past and am very happy with it.  She also sells the egg chargers and batteries here on the forum so you may find her helpful for that.

If you are thinking of exploring the pleo RB option Then at the moment your best bet is to try
http://www.frontgate.com/pleo-rb-robotic-dinosaur/480687?defattrib=&defattribvalue=&listIndex=0&redirect=y
They have pleo rb for $329 US and if you sign up to their site you can get a free shipping voucher or other discount vouchers.  Pleo rb do come with a warranty and Innvo will do repairs if they breakdown.  Pleo rb's are brand new.  They don't have battery issues like the Ugobes can.  They are a bit more complicated to look after than a Ugobe as they need to be fed on a regular basis and have other cool features such as the noon clock so they can tell what time of day it is and behave accordingly - They will be tired and grumpy close to bedtime and bright and energetic at lunchtime and hungry in the mornings, they will also be able to go to sleep at night and then wake themselves up the next morning which is very cool.  They react to hot and cold temperatures and can get sick and "injured" which can be cured by giving them the medicine leaf or rock salt. 

Both types of pleo are great  ;D  The ugobes are very happy little characters who love to sing and wander around exploring, they are fairly low maintenance and while they can sometimes get sick all you need to do to bring them back to health is give them lots of love and attention.  The Pleo rb can often be moody and is a little more high maintenance to care for than a ugobe but very cute.  The new features are a lot of fun and each one is unique with different eye colors and skin tones. 

I hope this helps you work out how to buy the best pleo for you  :)

PleoAibo29

• Pleontologist
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Suse and Mack
  • linux n00b
    • none
    • Gonzo
    • Flying_Ace
    • AIBO Cafe
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 08:21:17 PM »

Make sure that there are no major rips ot tears in the skin. Also, look at the Pleos neck, is it at a funny angle? If so, the neck is broken. Kat has it covered pretty much.  ;D
PleoAibo

Naoki

• Member of the herd
  • Male
  • Informatic Engineering Student
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 04:22:58 PM »

In Amazon France, you can bought Pleo RB for 200€, so count 300$ with the shipping. A whole new one for this price, of course :)
Okay, who is ready to jump?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal