Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo rb won't turn off  (Read 5505 times)

Neilcuffe

• Hatchling
  • Male
Pleo rb won't turn off
« on: May 23, 2012, 04:56:42 PM »

Hi,

I've just received my Pleo rb, not named it yet because we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, fully charged te battery and followed the setup guide. Everything seemed fine for a couple hours, Pleo turned on fine and turned off when I held the button in and went into its default position as it came in the box and beeped twice.

Now a few hours in Pleo just won't turn off. No matter how long I hold the power button in for it just does not respond. I've pushed in the reset button but this makes no difference. I've resorted to taking the battery out with it turned on. When I put the battery back in I have to press the power button in and Pleo turns ack on immediately after only a really short press not even a second long, but does not beep twice like it did initially.

Also I can hear Pleo's motors whirring despite Pleo not appearing to move. Have I got a dud or is here anything I'm doing wrong?

I ordered Pleo from Robopolis late Sunday night and it arrived at midday today so I'm quite impressed with their service so far. If Pleo has to get sent back has anybody experienced Robopolis Custer service?

Thanks
Neil

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Pleo rb won't turn off
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 07:29:24 PM »

I think you need to contact support, if you can't turn them off they will never save their developmental state and will be a perpetual baby :o Send them a video of the problem if you can and post it here, a video often demonstrates the problem better than words.

Also just to be sure... you are pressing the little hidden button just between the rear legs aren't you. (insert button placement jokes here)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Neilcuffe

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:30:27 PM »

Since posting the original message I have left Pleo turned off overnight with the battery out. When I put the battery back in and pressed the power button (I am pressing the hidden button between the back legs) again Pleo turned on after only a split second with no beeps.

After reading another thread here I held in all four feet sensors for a few seconds, then turned Pleo onto his/her back the legs straightened out. I held the power button down for 4 seconds, put Pleo back down and this time Pleo returned to its original boxed position and turned off with a double beep.

I'm not too sure what's happening here, but later this evening once work is out of the way I'll play some more and if th problems persist I'll post a video of them.

On a side note I've tried to register at Pleoworld.com, I've entered the serial number but can't find the security code it asks for anywhere, does anyone know what the security code is and where I can find it.

Thanks
Neil

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 12:08:40 AM »

The security code should be on the back page of your instruction book.

I hope you get to the bottom of this, but it doesn't sound like one of the more usual teething problems and I agree with IMR.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 12:59:54 AM »

The only thing I can suggest, if you have a micro SD card handy, is try the RB upgrade: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;cat=9

Your Pleo should already be running that OS but all you can do is try.

Neilcuffe

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 04:20:55 PM »

Thanks for the advice, after it seeming to work this morning after about an hour of running it yet again failed to turn off. It's been a busy day so I've not had a chance to do anything this evening but I'll work on it tomorrow evening and post what success if any I have.

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 12:20:49 AM »

I have found for Pleo RB to turn off, you have to hold the button down for 4 seconds, and this time has to be pretty spot on, or he will not turn off, any shorter, or longer period, he will not turn off.

Denver2

• Sugar cane harvester
  • it Female
  • Pleo(s): Denver
    • Gilligan
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 01:15:52 AM »

I purchased my pleo rb from Robopolis, but had some problems, I sent pleo rb. I can assure you that it is a serious company, in the short time I have posted a new pleo rb. The security code is in the manual, on the last page .... Denver2

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 04:43:46 AM »

:moose: Guys this thread is from 7 months ago...

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 04:56:23 AM »

I would guess that by now the problem was resolved, especially as we never heard any further from the pleo owner who had the issue. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal