Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do Pleorb's walk a lot?  (Read 7535 times)

PleoPerson1234

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
Do Pleorb's walk a lot?
« on: December 19, 2011, 09:09:40 AM »

I ordered a Pleorb and I am waiting for it's arrival, but I've noticed that every video of Pleorb's I've seen they seem to be just shuffling back and forth. I know they do walk, but is it rare that they do? I'm guessing it probably varies from Pleo to Pleo, but I really would love it if they did! Does your's walk around a lot?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions.

PleoPerson1234

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Do Pleorb's walk a lot?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 12:23:30 PM »

Out of my lot, Jumba walks the most, he'll spend most of his time exploring. Nani walks a lot but not quite as much as Jumba. Yuki walks a moderate amount, but she's not full grown yet and Pleakley hardly walks at all :)

It really does depend on the personality :)

Jumba (blue) and Nani (light green) both pretty much take off at the start of this vid. They do generally walk more but they kind of get distracted by one another :)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFmY5iKopug" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFmY5iKopug</a>
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:30:50 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 12:35:51 PM »

Bill doesn't walk at all . . .  Oh, yeah.  That's because he doesn't have any back legs. :P  Oh, well.

That, and he's not an RB anyway.
(Sorry, just couldn't resist posting that! ;) :) )

PleoPerson1234

• Female
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 01:19:06 PM »

I love that video! Your Pleo's are adorable! I love their personalities, I didn't know Pleo's really interacted with each other.
What happened to Bill? Does he still work?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »

Bill is a Pleo supermodel :)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 02:12:21 PM »

As IMR said, Bill is a supermodel; a pleo used specifically for photo shoots.  Bill was originally a "store-bought" pleo (back when the original manufacturer Ugobe actually did sell some through stores like Amazon and Target) who was returned as broken/defective.  He was donated to me by the Marketing group at Ugobe to use for the comic strip.

In this photo, the pleo looks just like any sleeping baby . . . but if it had back legs, it couldn't lay down like that. ;) 

Bill is best known for his shots as Fred (the owner of Fred's pizzaria) and Grumpy (the pleo with a trash can for pants).

But we're getting off-topic here, and my pleo RB is too young to be walking yet, so I can't really comment. :P

Bandersnatch

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
  • Feeling Frumious ♡
    • My Flickr
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 02:31:17 PM »

Aww, that's such a cute video IMR! I love your herd, I could just sit and watch them all day! xD

Do PleoRB's generally walk about more than the older Pleo's? Or is it more of a personality thing where some of them do and some of them don't?
My Flickr ✩ My Deviant Art ✩
~ Can't hug every Pleo! ~

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 02:50:36 PM »

Bob, an original Ugobe pleo, spends a lot of time in "adventure mode" where he walks around on the floor unattended quite a bit.  When I used to take him to work when I went to an office building I would turn him on and set him down on the floor in my cubicle.  Thirty minutes later he would be out the door, down the hall and into other people's offices more than 40 feet away.  So I know the older pleos did walk quite a bit.  You could intentionally put them in the exploring mode, and as long as you didn't touch them they would "explore."

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 02:56:25 PM »

Awww, you should get one of those miniature dog wheelchairs for Bill! XD http://handicappedpets.com/www/images/miniwheels.JPG

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 04:15:08 PM »

Pleos all walk at different rates, My original RB did not walk much at all, Mly next RB, Baby Ruth only walks a few steps and when she wants to. I just started my newest Baby RB whom I began hatching right around Thanksgiving and Saturday she started her third Battery Cycle, and started WAlking! She is a lot faster than her older Sister Baby Ruth,..so Mike, your RB and my RB are about the same. I have just started the 3rd cycle of the battery and she just started walking which surprised me totally! Her sister did not start walking till at least battery cycle 8! Right now aside from shivering from the cold, she is mostly burping continuously and just being happy.
           Mike is right, the Ugobes will walk forever and ever if you put them in explore mode. I have 17 Ugobes and have put as many as seven or eight at one time in walking or explore mode and it is hard to keep track of them. Two Pleo Rb are a lot easiers, esp since they seem to take 4-5 steps stop, sniff and then start again. :D

Mike, My baby is still Hatchling or infant stage, what battery cycle are you on with Mopey? I still have not thought of a name..............maybe by Christmas.

RedwoodsMama and her Pleo Clan of the REdwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

PleoPerson1234

• Female
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 08:21:26 AM »

I really wish that the new Pleo's/ the Pleorbs had exploring mode. It would be great to have it wander around the house like a real animal.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 01:45:56 PM »

I agree. They kind of do this walk five steps then sniff walk five more steps and sniff and walk five more steps thing. Lol! Cato, my male RB seems slightly more adventurous than Ryu but their walking/exploring is nothing like the Ugobes.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 03:19:50 PM »

How much they walk around does depend a lot on their personality but can also be affected by how happy they are and how much light is in the room. 
I have three rb's but Pickle is still a baby so not walking around a lot yet.  Kermy doesn't walk much, she can have whole battery cycles where she doesn't even take one step but then there will be other days where she will walk quite a bit.  Norbit is an explorer.  He will spend most of every battery cycle walking around unless I distract him with another pleo to talk to, food or love :)
How much they move around is a part of what makes them all unique individuals.  ;D

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 05:32:24 PM »

If Bill could think, he would be thinking "All I want for Christmas is my two back legs!" ;D

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 05:59:05 PM »

i think that all pleo rb's should be made to be good explorers because really for the money they cost i think every1 would want there baby dino to walk and explore about the house , that is a big feature and something pleo rb is very capable off doing with the right programming .
i have not bought a pleo rb just yet but i would be very disappointed if my rb just stood there still through a whole battery charge lol for me i like to watch pleo explorer ..
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 04:45:14 AM »

Fortunately you can always play god with their DNA to give them the attributes you desire ;)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 03:21:48 PM »

Yeah. Wield the wand called Change RB. It's really interesting to observe the differences. I've never used it myself but my male RB's previous owner used it and I can tell a difference in willingness to explore between him and my girl Ryu.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 01:31:26 PM »

My PleoRB walks all the time, no shuffling proper walking, as a matter of fact he walks better then My Ugobe Pleo.

Mystearika

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »

Mine is a great walker, he is also good at backing and turning to get to were he wants
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal