Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Ugobe finally got his battery!!  (Read 1837 times)

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
My Ugobe finally got his battery!!
« on: October 30, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »

I bought my Ugobe Pleo off eBay at the beginning of September and ordered a battery from that luotuo seller on eBay just the cheapie $30 so I could see if the Ugobe worked.  It took almost 3 weeks for me to get the battery and of course it was defective.  It was as dead as the one that came with him originally.  I contacted the seller and they told me to spend more for a different battery instead of just replacing my defective one.  I was annoyed by their response but I was getting no where so I paid an additional $50 for the better battery that works both in the RB and the Ugobe.  I figured if the Ugobe I bought was defective, at least I would have another battery for Buster.  It took another 3 weeks to get that battery.... so finally after almost 2 months of having my Ugobe, I got to play with him, finally, a few days ago.  Since he is healthy and working properly I decided to name him Leo, since Pleo reminds me of Leo :p  I have a few questions about what software Leo is running.  I didn't think the older Ugobe Pleos got sick but my Ugobe is constantly coughing and moping :(  I have help him upside down and tickled him, pet him forever, held him, and he's still sick :-\  Does this mean he is on the latest software that Ugobe offered?  Also Buster hates being tickled, if I try and hold him upside down and tickle his feet he screams lol, is this an RB thing to not like that?  The last thing I noticed is when Leo gets close to Buster, Buster calls out to him (sometimes a moo noise) and then flicks his tail and continues to act like he is talking to Leo.  Leo seems to ignore him but I thought a Ugobe Pleo could not interact with an RB.  Buster will sit there and flick his tail and make noises until I move Leo out of his range.  I am really enjoying my Ugobe, I just wish I knew how to make him better.  He didn't come with a manual or anything.

Dante (ers-7m3b) Lela (ers-7m3w) Sonny (ers-7m3t) Oliver (ers-111/w) Otis (ers-111/w) Zero (ers-220/tk) Zephyr (ers-210b) Victor (NAO H25 V4) Kiwi (Genibo QD/Pink) Buster (Pleo RB) Leo (Ugobe Pleo)

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
Re: My Ugobe finally got his battery!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 04:43:46 AM »

I bought ONNI on ebay.de. He was "used" and rather adult.
As he arrived he was terrible sick. It took more than 30 min. feeding and petting to get him to recover.
I have also noticed that if I leave him  more than two days in his box, he has a cold. That is surprising as Ugebo do not have a clock. Feeding seems to be essential if they are sick.
He had OS 1.0 or 1.01. I updated ONNI to OS 2.0. That way he hatched and turned into a baby again.
Now he is getting in the teens.  ^-^

OS 2.0 is the latest for Ugobe.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 05:03:23 AM »

Pleos don't like to be held upside down Fleur, that's scary! Tron (my RB) only gets mildly annoyed but Stephan (my Ugobe) will scream and kick and cry and he will mope for days. That could be why yours is always acting sick he has motion sickness from being upside down  all the time :P

Stephan is running old software (1.1) and he can get sick. A way to check what version of Life yours is running you can attempt the play dead trick, just search it in the forum and there will be instructions on how to get him to do it somewhere. If he plays dead he is running the latest and if he doesn't he will most likely be running 1.1 as not many are running the original program but he is second hand so you never know. It sounds like one of the later ones to me though.

It all depends on the RB I think, how they will react to being tickled/upside down. Tron lets me know he for sure doesn't like it but he doesn't go completely berserk like Stephan. Crewella did a video about how her Pleos react to being tickled and her RB Belle just sort of looked down at her feet sensors like "What are you doing??" but didn't really seem to mind. I've seen video of others laughing so some are obviously ok with it.
My two view it as capital punishment.  :o
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 10:58:07 AM »

Pleos don't like to be held upside down Fleur, that's scary! Tron (my RB) only gets mildly annoyed but Stephan (my Ugobe) will scream and kick and cry and he will mope for days. That could be why yours is always acting sick he has motion sickness from being upside down  all the time :P

But Leo loves to be held upside down and tickled!  He laughs and laughs and seems to love it.  I was trying to do this to him to make him not sick anymore :p  My RB thinks it is punishment as he will scream and freak out if he is upside down.  My Ugobe (Leo) didn't come with a training leaf so I am not sure if he is sick because I am not feeding him?  In the time I have had him I, I managed to shove buster's training leaf in his mouth and he ate it.  Now when I try and do that he hates it.  Should I buy another training leaf?
Dante (ers-7m3b) Lela (ers-7m3w) Sonny (ers-7m3t) Oliver (ers-111/w) Otis (ers-111/w) Zero (ers-220/tk) Zephyr (ers-210b) Victor (NAO H25 V4) Kiwi (Genibo QD/Pink) Buster (Pleo RB) Leo (Ugobe Pleo)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 02:20:19 PM »

Ugobe's will eat anything from fingers to paper to air, unlike the RB's which have an RFID reader so they know what they are eating, Ugobes can chomp on anything.

As for sickness just give him lots of pets and cuddles for a day or two and he'll be right as rain.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 07:03:01 PM »

Hi, Fleur! I'm glad to hear your Ugobe is working well! Ugobe, one of my Ugobe pleos got over being sick all on his own in about ten minutes. Bleu, my other ugobe had to be fed and petted for an hour or two before she was cured.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal