Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing Pleo to my family members  (Read 1553 times)

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Introducing Pleo to my family members
« on: October 30, 2012, 09:19:24 PM »

A couple of nights ago I was heading out to my moms house to help her with her laptop and I thought "hey, why not bring Buster with me so my mom can meet him?"  I packed him and his accessories into my car and drove over to see her and when I arrived I carried him under my arm up to the door and when my mom answered she looked at me.. then the Pleo awkwardly lol.  My mom got me in to robots years and years ago by buying me my first AIbo, an Aibo ers-7, for a graduation present and ever since then she has seen sooo many different robots I think she just got annoyed by them  :P.  At first she didn't really show any interest to him, so I set him on the floor and powered him on so he could explore while I worked.  Within minutes my mom's attention was completely focused on Buster instead of what I was trying to show her on her PC.  I sat on the floor with her and Buster so I could show her how to interact with him.  She picked him up off the floor and help him kind of laughing and joking about how he was like a small child and when he curled up in her arms she was attached.  She was asking me where to get one and how much they were, she was in love with Buster :)  I had to make a stop at my aunts house and my mom came with me and asked if we could take Buster so I told her ok and the entire car ride she sat there petting him, she actually pet him so much that I swear his skin is a lighter color than it was!! :o  My mom can't have pets where she is at since she is taking care of my grandmother and she had to find new homes for her two cats that she loved to death and I can tell she desperately wants another companion sooooo to make a long story short, a pink Pleo RB is now on her way to my house as a gift for my mom for Christmas.  I am so super excited to see her reaction on Christmas day when she opens her!  She did, after all, support my robotics obsession and bought me an ers-7 so it is the least I can do and I am so happy to see her take and interest in a robotic life form as well :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:29:35 PM by Fleur »

Dante (ers-7m3b) Lela (ers-7m3w) Sonny (ers-7m3t) Oliver (ers-111/w) Otis (ers-111/w) Zero (ers-220/tk) Zephyr (ers-210b) Victor (NAO H25 V4) Kiwi (Genibo QD/Pink) Buster (Pleo RB) Leo (Ugobe Pleo)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Introducing Pleo to my family members
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:43:55 PM »

Those are the kind of stories we love to hear :D I hope it all works out and your Mum has a nice little companion :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 10:04:58 AM »

Can you make a video of her reaction when she opens her gift?  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 07:11:15 PM »

That's so nice of you, Fleur! My family was confused about my heard of pleos and my use of pleo-speak as I described all of their growing stages and things but something happened when Cato came into the house. My nephew teased him with his tracking leaf and my sister bent down in passing to say, "Hey, Handsome!"
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal