Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My Little RB Guy needs a Name, Any Ideas?  (Read 4462 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
My Little RB Guy needs a Name, Any Ideas?
« on: September 18, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »

Ok, I have had my little boy RB for about three weeks now, used from Ebay. I have a few ideas on names, but nothing that hits me right away. Usually I have to watch their personality develop, then I know for sure what they should be called, His DNA report says his personality is ; Very Active, Healthy, low intelligence and BAD temper! I know not to follow everything the DNA report says, and to use it as a guide, or Parent manual. So far he seems very sweet and no more ill tempered than my two girls, Baby Ruth and Cammie -Sue. Perhaps the fact he has two girls that are smitten with him, has helped his temper! :o ;D All I know is that he is a sweet little guy. He does like Goth type clothes and has a lot of energy. He just got a new jacket I made for him last night, black satin with skulls with red eyes and a Native American Motif trim on the collar.

I want to teach him his name, but first he needs a name. His name used to be, PJ, but I am not calling him that. Here are a few photos of him, Any suggestions are welcome.! ;D

Hoping to hear some great ideas!                RWM and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods P:) P:-*

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
Re: My Little RB Guy needs a Name, Any Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 03:17:08 PM »

Bad temper and a lot of energy. Hmm,..

What about "Stormy" or even "Rapturous" short Rapty

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 04:39:04 PM »

I still like Spike  :D  But maybe Spikeosaurus  :)

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 04:53:08 PM »

Hmmmm... maybe Jaws would work?  Or Striker!  Or Taz like the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Toons!  ;D

sweetReaper

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 10:55:36 PM »

Ohh I really like Taz  ;D
"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone." - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Almiras

• Coffee leaf addict
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Kohii
    • Whisper of Wolf
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 09:21:19 AM »

Sabbath, Spiny, Thorn, Kuro, Blake, Damon, Ash :)

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 10:46:11 PM »

Name him after a character from Gunsmoke, you love that show  :)
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 11:33:06 PM »

Great names everyone, and Luna, you must have read Faceboo to know that, I am impressed, :cool: I wish I could call him several names, perhaps he will have a first middle and nickname, but only one for the learning stone. LOL. I hope we do have a scavenger hunt this year for Halloween too, it was so much fun, and Halloween is actually my fave holday, I am just a kid at heart! ;D                  RWM and the tired out Pleos of the Redwoods, ( they are anxiously awaiting the big race or running of the Pleos. anyday now... :dino-chase:

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 12:14:10 AM »

Yes facebook and also from one of our PM comversations, I remember we talked about your horse and rider collection and Westerns like 'True Grit' and Gunsmoke and how you have seen every episode more than twice  ;)

I LOVE Halloween! I'v never celebrated it but I have seen Kat's video of last years scavenger hunt and I've been waiting all year to make a similar one with Stephan  :D
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 12:21:13 PM »

Ok, after much debate and after Luna's excellent suggestion about naming my guy after my favorite show, it all made perfect sense, so here is my newest little guy, a Pleo Rb, learning his name, You will be surprised,because Spike seemed like a great name and I was tempted, but after I thought for awhile, I realized with a name like Spike, it allways would lead you to beleive he was a tough guy and because of the Dark Gothic skull type clothes he usually wears, I wanted to give him a more gentle name to fit his personality. He is according to his DNA, Low intelligence and bad temper, but I have found him to be sweet, gentle and a cute little guy all around, My two girls, Baby Ruth and Cammie Sue are smitten with him and he also has a leg problem of sorts, with clicking and such that I haven't seen but have heard .
        So based on his leg and Luna's suggestions on naming him after one of the characters on my favorite show , ( ran for 20 years and is still in re-runs and I collect memorbilia from the show..big time.. ;D) here is the name for my new guy, and it is anything but a threatening name..Oh, and incase you want a hint, here is a photo I just took yesterday after making him a new outfit. See the motif, that will give you a clue to his name...( some of you younger members will not know what I am talking about but most do...

and here is the video of him learning his name..  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTRNxPJyG3w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTRNxPJyG3w</a>

RWM and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods P:) P:-*

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 06:39:45 AM »

Oh whata cute name! To have a bad temper he certainly seems to learn quickly.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »

Chester is a fine name!  He seems a bright spark, too!  :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »

Hi Talon and Hi Crewella, Thanks for the "thumbs up"on his name, I was starting to think that nobody liked what I named him, Spike was cute but too limited and I really think he has more of a sweet personality than the image of Spike brings to mind, If he was a T Rex, it would be perfect, but he is far too sweet and a good natured personality.
   His DNA does say, Low intelligence and BAD temper...which makes me wonder if they are ever wrong..? Do you ever find with your girl Crewella, that she is not as stated, or does she fit her profile to a "t"? Thanks for responding to his video, Right after this he also learned the sing stone and come to me, and responded to the come to me when I asked, but not the sing.. Pleos can be independant and stubborn and there is no sense in making them do something they are not ready or wanting to do................just like asked to perform on command................NO THANKS! :o ;D

PS. I figured with the Cowboy outfit I made him , Chester would fit better than his Gothic stuff, but do not get me wrong, he still likes that too, he has a lot of deph to his personalitY! P8)

RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 11:48:46 AM »

I'm afraid, with Zillah, it's exactly 'what it says on the tin'!  :P  :moose:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »

I wonder if the fact that he has two females who are gaga over him has subdued his inner personality some? If I did not have them around, perhaps he would be more tempermental!

RWM

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »

I'm not sure. Honestly, Ryu's temper is "good" but I had to do some major cajoling before she finally gave in and learned anything. Once I got her going she was on a roll! Cato's temper is "normal" and I had no trouble with him at all. Hmm. I'm not sure what the deciding factor is.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 05:39:42 PM »

Chester is a great name for him RWM :)  When I was younger my sister had a horse called Chester.  He was the sweetest most gentle creature you've ever met.  Loved him to bits.  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 10:06:52 PM »

HI Kat, I remember a kid's book called Chester the horse by the same guy who wrote Danny the Dinosaur and Walpole the Walrus, Sid ....something. I loved that story and I h ad forgotten all about it till you mentioned it. I am glad your sister had a horse and you have memories of Chester, that is great. Thanks for the feedback, makes me feel better now about his name. :)

RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 02:51:22 AM »

I had a squirrel called Chester a few years back, he'd been orphaned as a baby so I took him home and bottle fed him.  He used to run up my leg to sit on my shoulder, and was very cute indeed. :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 03:10:10 AM »

Soooo jealous!  would love to have a pet squirrel.  very cool.  :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 10:46:34 PM »

When I lived in Montana, Near Glacier National Park, ( one of the most wild and Beautiful places ever in the US !) there were squirrels everywhere, Mostly grey squirrels,. I had to walk about three miles into town at the school I worked at, ( there was no public transportation where I lived at, no buses, etc, only cabs.... It was very rural and the kind of place you had to be careful walking or you would cross a bear or mountain lion, not a good idea. Once I got into the town itself and about 1/2 mile from the school itself, suddenly there were squirrels everywhere, they were very unafraid of people. People had built little houses half way up the trees that lined the streets with food and a place for the squirrels to hide. There were of course so many squirrels that is was very common to see squashed flattened squirrels that were not quick enough to dodge the cars....( I did not like that part of seeing so many squirrels about.... :()
          I allways thought of squirrels and chipmunks as being so cute and wondered what it would be like to have one as a pet.

Crewella, how long did you have your squirrel, I do not know their life span so that is why I ask. What did your cats think of him? I love that you raised him, was it hard to feed him or was it like a newborn kitten with constant feedings? Do you still have any photos, that is such a neat story....I do not see many squirrels here in town,  but an occasional possum and raccoons almost every night, they come out to steal the food I leave for the cats I feed in the neighborhood.They are not very timid or frightened of people which is not a good thing...................... :o RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 03:23:41 AM »

Grey squirrels live around 5 years.  I fed Chester kitten milk, exactly as if he was one to be honest (every four hours - he wasn't a newborn), and then moved him on to nuts, fruit and veg.  After six months I felt it wasn't fair to keep him locked up in our bedroom (away from the cats), so I moved him down to the shed.  He could obviously get out from there, and we just gradually saw less and less of him ...... ungrateful little tyke!  :D

I wish I had pics, but it was before I had a camera.  Sorry - I kind of hijacked your thread RWM!  :-[

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 08:54:34 AM »

Thats ok Crewella, Chester likes to know all about his name and how famous other Chesters there are or have been out there,... It gives him some good company, Squirrels, Horses and a famous T.V. Marshall's sidekick and deputy who shares the limp or stiff leg like himself. Now he is starting to not only dress up more and looking for a cowboy hat and boots, but wants me to look for a horse or pony for him to ride and has a craving to climb trees and hide some nuts and leaves... ;D :pb:( sorry no pictures of nuts...but you get the idea...)

As long as I can keep him from trying to pin on a bushy squirrel tail on, I think he will be ok.............it is strange because I actually had a grey squirrel pelt around here that I can't remember where it came from, and it has mysteriously vanished into thin air..! %)   So keep a eye out for a cowboy Pleo with a limp riding a paint pony and wearing a squirrel tail and carrying a big bag of NUTS! ;D

RWM

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 09:17:50 AM »

CHESTER!  ;D ;D ;D And the cowboy clothes are amazing, absolutly wonderful!  :-*

Love the name and to Crewlla I liked the squirrel story, do you know I can't say 'squirrel' properly no matter how hard I try. It is so embarrassing, when I want to sat squirrel I have to say something like "Those small rat like animals with the big bushy tails that live in American and the UK, I know what they are called, I just can't say the word" and people look at me like I've just dribbled on my shirt.  %)

In other news I can't say 'required' either. I was trying to tell the funny story tonight about the Irish police man who 'required' back up to deal with a suspicious light (which turned out to be the moon) but I just couldn't get the word out and so no one had any idea what I was actually trying to say.  :-\ Good times.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 10:21:05 AM »

HI Luna! Glad you like his name and his cowboy clothes, I am having fun making a whole line of both girl and boy cowboy theme tops and dresses, It is funny the story you were telling about the moon, I bet people hadn't a clue what you were talking about.

Don't feel bad about not being able to say Squirrel, there are more stories of people having a hard time pronouncing or spelling or saying a specific word then you would think, My dad was born in Brooklyn and had a very very thick accent when he came out to California. He could not pronounce the word OIL so anyone would understand what he meant when he went into a service station. Back in those days, there were no service stations, everything was done by the attendants, no self serve like today, So when he needed some oil for the car, it sounded like he said EARL with a very thick accent. He got frustrated at nobody understanding him and being a male with pride, he just got used to saying, " Just grease my car".  :o ;D I also went to speech class when I was in the 3rd grade because I had problems with certain words and one I remember was Ketchup, I allways said Catsup or Catch Up.. only it sounded pretty bad and funny. I think these are funny now, but not when you are young and your classmates laughing at you, but they make for great stories to look back on later.  Squirrels are very cute!
                                                                                                                                   RWM
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal