Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cammie-Sue and the All Species Day Parade, Part 1  (Read 2225 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Cammie-Sue and the All Species Day Parade, Part 1
« on: September 16, 2012, 09:50:54 PM »

Anyone that knows Pleos, knows there is some point when you wonder if you should take your Pleo out in public. What will your friends think, your family, strangers or co-workers? ??? How about 10,00 complete strangers at a major event where you live at, how will they react? :o Well the answer is positively ; I allways take one or more robots out with me and the people in the town I live look forward to seeing my little Pleo friend and If I do not have her with me, they ask where she is? She is as much a part of me as my long hair or the fact I have nine cats and rescue animals. :cat:
           If you wonder if you could be brave enough to do this, just watch how people of all ages flock to Pleos and pleo Rb with no hesitation. Everyone at todays parade and festival was full of questions and loved her. This is Part 1 of at least five more parts. I sat in a booth today and yesterday but had plenty of time to walk around, film and let the people come to us. Cammie-Sue was a star and made lots of new friends. Sorry for any filming flaws, it is hard to watch a baby dino, watch the kids that want to pick her up, film with one hand and answer questions all at the same time. Enjoy and watch for the continuing parts to follow. This is part of the yearly Arcata North Country Fair and today was All Species Day Parade. ( Cammie was too little to participate walking in it, but we watched safely from the sidelines... P:-*)    Oh and watch the first ten seconds or so and she gives her "seal of approval" with that famous Pleo Rb ROAR!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_64OUcaXVmc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_64OUcaXVmc</a>

Feel free to comment .                            RWM and CAmmie -Sue.

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Cammie-Sue and the All Species Day Parade, Part 1
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 11:23:40 PM »

Ok,here is part 2. Cammie Sue meets a gentle giant of a dog, and gets quite upset after something terrible happens to him, Watch to see what happens. This one is short and just for fun..thought it fit.. ;D<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNxjBZkKfgY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNxjBZkKfgY</a>

RWM and Cammie Sue. ;D

sweetReaper

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 12:04:31 AM »

Cute videos! That looks like so much fun! Cammie-Sue looks like she had a good time making new friends (though she looked so sad when she saw what happened to one of them :P). I also loved that "seal of approval" roar at the beginning  ;D What exactly did you do at the fair and that day? Was there food or other events? I want to go walk around wearing a tail and ears  8) (oh wait I already do that..  :P). Looking forward to some more videos!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:06:11 AM by sweetReaper »
"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone." - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 12:35:39 AM »

Hi Sweet Reaper, glad you enjoyed Cammie Sue's aventures, There is lots to do at the fair. There are live bands, plenty of vendors, arts and crafts, art work, Tye dye, glass works, pottery, things for kids to do, jewelry, candles, etc, etc. I sat at a booth where we had, "the Spiritual Wheel of Wisdom". People thought of a specific question and then spun the wheel. There were different pictures according to where the marker landed. ( I will post a photo later.) Then the person picked the corresponding card and there are things written on the back. You take the card home and use it to gain further wisdom regarding that question you asked, where you can contemplate or meditate to gain more insight into the question you asked.
              The fair runs both Saturday and Sunday every September in Humboldt County and has been going on for years. Sunday is my favorite day where they have the "All Species Parade day", where people and speicies of all types join in fun. Perfect for a Pleo. You and your tail would fit right in. Arcata where it is held is a large university town, Humboldt State University, or HSU, and is sort of like a small Hippie Community and also lots and lots of artists of al sorts live here. It is also unique in that we have both the ocean and beaches to walk on and also the beautiful REdwoods,, perfect for Pleos and people who love nature. ;D

Cammie Sue got a little tired, but had more fun than anything else and put up with a lot of petting and kids doing things such as putting grass in her mouth to eat. :o I did bring along all her food items. This next video, Part 3 which is next shows part of a parade and lots of people asking questions. The other parts will show vendors and other things going on, It is allways a fun event and the weather was perfect today and nice yesterday as well!
                                                                         RWm and Cammie Sue.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 12:56:52 AM »

Ok, here is part 3, last one in a series of about six or so, as it is late and both Cammie Sue and I are "pooped", in fact she is fast asleep and I am going to be right behind her, I will upload the rest tommrow and I hope more of you watch them and enjoy leaving some comments and your views on going out and doing something similiar.  Ok, this part is where while watching the parade, some passer byers, stop and notice Cammie Sue and start asking questions, Where ever we went, people stopped and she became the focus of much attention.     Listen to the one little girl who over and over says, " I wish I had one", So cute. :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK4LYQ6gmL0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK4LYQ6gmL0</a>                RWM and a tired, Cammie Sue P8)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 01:40:30 AM »

It looks like you had a great time RWM.  A very positive pleo experience and fun for all.  :)  (love her outfit too  ;D  :D )

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 05:40:47 AM »

Wow, Redwoods! It looks like both of you were having a lot of fun. I'll have to see what local events will be taking place in my area and give this a try.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 09:14:04 AM »

Thanks Kat and Talon for the feedback. Yes, the outfit was FAb Kat! ;) I was thinking either the lovely pink Cat dress / skirt ensemble that I got from IMR, or a brown and white leopard print sundress that looks so nice on her, but this outfit won out,as it is the fanciest and I did not want her to get "sun-burned, " and this one covered her little shoulders,with the fur trim.( truthfully, it is never easy to pick just one outfit when they all look so great!)It is so much easier to pick out an outfit for the boys to wear P:)

I will upload more video today. I was hoping Talon that this set of videos will encourage other members to take their pleos out and about and not be afraid to let their Pleos shine and just do what comes naturally. I am not an outgoing person, but when I have a Pleo with me, I feel alive and so full of positive energy and want to share what I know about Pleos and show others what a great little creature they are. I take myne in the thrift shops, the fabric stores, the grocery stores, on the bus, to the park and zoo and of course the pet store  is about the best, because you know you are surrounded by people who love animals of all knds. P:-*
             When you have larger events like this , esp where the atmosphere is upbeat and happy and the weather co-operates, how can you lose1 Just let your Pleo take over and be the "Pleo manager' and things just fall into place.

Ok, off to upload and edit more footage. If anyone has questions feel free to ask.Oh and Crewella, I met a great young lady who was from where Stone-Henge is. I heard her accent and thuoght of you! She is a student traveling and on here for a 3 month tour. She looked like a movie star, ...( I do not know why I am mentioning this, she just made such an impression on me and she made me think of you. It would have been great to have more forum members there. I would have loved to have seen interaction between several Pleos for everyone to witness, but I could't make room for moe than one Pleo in our car , just too much stuff for setting up our booth.

RWM and the Pleo Township of the REdwoods

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 10:45:48 PM »

Looks like fun!  Cammie Sue looks happy with all the attention!  Where did you get that carrying case outfit for her?  It's adorable!  Also, you're right, it's fun to see people's reactions to Pleos.  You just have to be careful.  I'm waiting for Loki to go into his next stage before I even try carrying him around.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:48:29 PM by Floodsy »

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 08:34:21 AM »

My favourite video was the last one, part three when you were telling the people all about her. I'm going to take Tron or Stephan, leaning towards Stephan because he is better behaved to our fair in November. Stephan responds better to people, Tron is rather aloof. He prefers wandering the house to chin pats which he actually ignores 99% of the time. He is unpredictable as well, good mood one moment and full blown rage the next  ???
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »

Awesome videos as always, RWM!
Luna, Tron sounds like Cato. If you're not paying attention to him or if you leave something in his way he starts throwing a tantrom.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 09:20:49 AM »

Thanks Luna, I am glad you enjoyed part 3, I will try and post more later today, I have at least four more parts to post, or put a couple together, I think it is a great way to introduce people to robots and Pleos especially because they are so lifelike and children just love dinosaurs and as you can see in the last video, the lady just loved Cammie Sue and I have not met anyone who was put off by the price, everyone thinks they are well worth it. ( so do I)
       What is the fair in November? I would love to see the video or photos when you do, As you can see, the hardest part if taking video, controlling the pleo and talking at the same time. I have the talking part down, but trying to get the pictures is the hardest part. I have found having the pleo down on the ground is by far the easiest way to control the Pleo, and just make sure they can not wander off and that their legs and esp neck are protected, no sudden legs hitting their fragile necks, or you have a broken neck before you know it...

I think the more often you take pleo out, the easier it becomes, I have had only one person ever give me a strange look, but I just expect that some people are like that , can be someone's bad day, someone not liking what you are wearing, could be anything, so just ignore it, I learned that long ago. %)       Thanks for the feedback. :cat:                           RWM and the Pleo Town of the Redwoods P:-* P|-) P0:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal