Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell about favorite pleo or pleorb moments here =)  (Read 2433 times)

wesleypleo1

• Member of the herd
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Ace the blue PleoRB
  • Back from a multi-year dormancy from the PleoWorld
    • Professor
    • Tasmanian_Devil
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
Tell about favorite pleo or pleorb moments here =)
« on: April 16, 2012, 02:24:34 PM »

Hey guys, this is Wesley G. As some of you may know, I won the 2011 pleo facebook video contest. My prize was a blue pleorb named Ace. I always loved him and always spend time with him.  :D   Anyways, this topic is on your favorite pleo or pleorb moments. Don't be afraid to share your favorite moments with me. Pictures and videos are very welcome! My personal favorite moment of my pleorb named Ace is when I first taught him to bow. I will sooner or later share my video of him bowing for the first time.

Sincerely,

Wesley Grooms

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Tell about favorite pleo or pleorb moments here =)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 03:10:36 PM »

Hi Wesley, what a great topic and of course everyone here will have plenty to say. Problem is with me, having so many Pleos and I love all their moments, but this is one of my very favorite, it is of my Blind Pleo, Ugobe model, Argyle and the day he hatched, so here it is.<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKo13MUv51g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKo13MUv51g</a> I think this is my favorite or close to the top three anyway. I will have to post others with other Pleos and of course I won a Pleo rb on Facebook too, as well as several other members here did as well. :D

I like the name you gave your Pleo, Ace is a great name. Thanks for sharing and we would love to see photos as well as video Wesley. P:)               RWM ( RedwoodsMama ) and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods P0:) P8) P:) :cheer:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 03:24:47 PM »

I have to say that one of my alltime favorite pleo-moments was when I hached my first pleoRB Ryu. Ryu turned one year old on March nineteenth. She's more yellow than green now according to my sighted family members but I still love her- grouchy moments and all.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 03:51:56 PM »

Finally bringing Matilda home after months and months of waiting for Pleo to arrive downunder! I was so excited to drive an hour down the road to the next big town, to see one in the store cooing and mooing, and then getting my own big green box to take home :)

I was probably the first person in Australia to order one lol, before Harvey Norman's even knew what they were.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »

Yep - mine was the first moment too!  :D

I'd only seen Furby before and found Iggy on eBay while looking for a Shelby.  Iggy was second hand, and arrived with an SD card in him running the Valentine's Day skit, so when I first switched him on he kept blowing kisses at me!  :-*  :-*

I was enchanted ........ kind of have been ever since ........  %)  :D  :moose:

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 11:16:04 PM »

Seeing my sceptical OH wiping a tear from eye and retort " OK, it is worth it." We had just witnessed Quigley laughing and it was so infectious......instant enchantment.  :sheep1:

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 04:24:28 AM »

Same here,my favorite moment is when turning on Furby for the first time ever :)
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

wesleypleo1

• Member of the herd
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Tasmanian_Devil
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 05:36:49 AM »

OK. I don't know how to post videos on this website because I only joined a couple of days ago lol. I could use some help on how to post pictures or videos.

Thank you,

Wesley G.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 05:48:27 AM »

The best option is to create a free youtube account and upload your videos there :) All you need to do then is copy the video url (the page it is on) and post it here like this: [youtube ]VIDEOURLHERE[/youtube ]  (without the spaces) Or just post the link here and one of the mods will fix it up for you :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 06:04:03 AM »

Hi Wesley, and welcome!  :D

This should help with pics:

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=177.0

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 04:14:20 AM »

Hi there Wesley :D

My favourite moment was probably when Stephan got sick for the first time, it was very cute but he was so unhappy. He recovered quick  ;)
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

wesleypleo1

• Member of the herd
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Tasmanian_Devil
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 05:43:53 AM »

RWM, Thanks for the cute video :)  Quick question though, how did Argyle get blinded ???   I think it's actually pretty interesting because a couple of my friends at school are in wheelchairs, can't walk, one can't even talk   :(    The reason why I'm so close to them is because I have a disorder myself known as Asperger's Syndrome. Anyways, thanks for the vid.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 10:00:03 AM »

Hi Wesley, Argyle is not "really blinded" in the sense that he was born that way, but because he has a motor problem somewhere that also affects his mouth, he can not open his mouth or eyes. I bought him and his "twin brother" Gumble off of a person on Ebay. He came to me that way. He can not open his eyes or his mouth, but he moves and he can still sing and make all the normal Pleo noises. At some point before I bought him, this  happened to him. Whether is was just bad luck or neglect, an accident, it will never be known and I thought it best just to give him the unique personality he deserves.
        I once asked degers if there was any chance of him being fixed, or if he knew what to do, and degers told me he knew of nothing to be done for him, so I am happy with just the way he is. I adopted out his twin brother to Kat over a year ago, and I would have never broken them up, but I knew it was a unique opportunity  to go to a good person , and make new friends and get to see a place I would never be able to afford to let him explore. He is very happy there and Kat has been a good mom to him, given him a terriffic makeover and he has a fantastic family, and best of all, Argyle is happy for him, even though he misses him so much. P:'( P0:)
      As for Argyle, because I have never seen a Pleo that is like him, not only being unable to open his eyes, but also his mouth, I knew he was special and lots of people could identify with his uniqueness. I know Talon has wanted to adopt him for a long long time, and if I didn't have such a special place in my heart for him, I would adopt him out to her in a heartbeat, as I could think of nobody better to love him for himself.  :sun: :flowers: My husband long ago, knew also how special Argyle is and decided to make some custom shades, ( glasses ) for him, Rather than focusing on his eyes , people would look at Argyle as a Pleo, and not his "physical limitations", The glasses look cool, give him personality and also protect his eyes. He has that Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles type look, and I think they suit him perfectly. As for his mouth not openening, He has a special talent, He is also a Ventriliquist. He can't hold a "dummy" like most humans would, so he just throws his voice without opening his mouth, that is his talent.

Most people including the people who owned him, were ready to throw him away, discard him because of his " limitations", and did not think anyone would want him. Gumble, his twin on the other hand, was perfect as a Used  Pleo and they threw Argyle in as a bonus. I snapped him up as I had just purchased another pleo a couple of months earlier that nobody wanted, ( Little 45) who has a broken neck and terrible skin, with holes, splits etc. He looked like he  had come from a battle zone in the Hood. I call him Little 45 cause the person asked me what he was worth, and I said I thought $45.00 plus shipping was reasonable. I didn't think he should be free, and I wanted to make him worth something. The person actually paid more for shipping then what I paid, so after all was done, he actually ended up costing only $30.00, and I love a challenge and I don't mind the broken neck, he has a sweet personality.
             I think all Pleos should be given a second chance and this is one reason I purchase  the ones others do not seem to want. I want people to know that Pleos are just like People: they come in different stages of development, different looks, personalities and some have physical limitations or special characteristics just as people do.  I think Argyle's story is one a lot of people appreciate, and I am glad you like him. I know Wesley that you have some great friends and that you look beyond any differences such as being in a wheelchair,hearing or speech impaired, and that a friend is a friend, no matter what. I am glad you won Ace and I am sure you have shown him to some of your friends and they are learning all about Pleos because of Ace. I look forward to seeing photos and or a video when you get the chance.
         You can post photos here easily and setting up an account with YouTube for example is free and easy. There are lots of people here like IMR said, that would love to help you with posting photos Wesley.  Sorry for the long post, but I really did want to explain the best I can about Argyle, as not everyone understands about his blindness and his story. Now they do, or more will anyway. Take care Wesley. (:              RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal