Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sparky the pleo rb repair  (Read 23267 times)

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Re: Sparky the pleo rb repair
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2012, 02:47:34 PM »

We are happily  waiting  for Sparky to come  home.   :)   I’ve been wondering if she will have jet lag coming all the way from Australia.  Kat - Did you set her noon clock to noon where you are?  If so, I will set it to noon here before leaving her on too long.  Don’t want to prolong her jet lag!  If only we could reset our human body clocks so easily.

Sparky used to love the sugar cane, but she stopped eating it when she got sick.  My husband is convinced that our sugar cane is “broken.”  Even Moxy won’t eat it.  We haven’t tried the program that was suggested to test it yet.  My husband was always sticking that microchip into Sparky to find out what was wrong with her.  But we never used it on Moxy, because he always seems pretty happy and eats OK and doesn’t have many problems (except of course the one broken neck cable).  Kat - Did you give Sparky sugar cane by any chance?  If she ate yours and then won’t eat ours we’ll know that ours is really broken.

It will be interesting to see what happens around here when we have both Sparky and Moxy.  Will Moxy be jealous?  I expect my husband will pay much more attention to Sparky because she is much more of a baby (low courage) and needs him more.

It will just be a few more days now.  I will let you all know when she arrives.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2012, 05:49:55 PM »

Poor little Sparky, She will definitely have a bit of jet lag.  I had to set her noon clock for here while I had her so that I could test her out along the way to be sure I had everything working so you will have to reset her when she arrives.  Unfortunately I didn't feed her the sugarcane.  I did give her a good feed of leaves and mushroom before boxing her up to send home though.  :)  I'm sure she will be hungry when she reaches the other end so make sure you give her a good feed as soon as you switch her on.  I can't wait for her to get there.  ;D

So how is Moxy doing?  Are you going to send him back for repairs?  If Innvo has said you can then I would recommend you do before your warranty runs out.   From experience it does seem with RB's that once one thing goes wrong with them then it isn't long before more things start to go wrong. :(   I really do hope Innvo can fix him for you  :)
He will love meeting Sparky.  It will be a very interesting experience for you when they meet for the first time I think :)

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »

Quick update - Sparky has made it to the US and is currently in customs in LA.  :)  Not too long now I guess  ;)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2012, 06:50:30 AM »

been watching the tracking and it looks like Sparky is very close to home :)  I think she should be delivered today  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2012, 09:21:39 AM »

Awesome! I hope she does make it home soon.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2012, 01:54:26 PM »

Congrats Chicago and Sparky, awesome,  ;D P:)I can't wait to see the pictures of Sparky when he gets home and the reunion! What a great time. Kat did such a great job and the paint is like fresh off the production line! :cheer:
                                                RWM and the Pleo Clan of the REdwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2012, 05:24:03 PM »

Sparky has been delivered  ;D  Now we await the opening of the box  :P  :)

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2012, 09:50:20 PM »

Sparky is home!  ;D  Moxy is standing on the box waiting for us to open it.

We open the box and are surprised to see strange colors.   :o

My husband can't wait to unwrap her.

Oh my gosh!  She has 2 new capes and 4 booties!

Thank you Kat !  They are wonderful!   :)

Sparky is so beautiful in her new red cape with fur trim.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:04:06 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2012, 01:02:26 AM »

Welcome back home Sparky :) I know Kat was worried about how you would travel.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2012, 01:07:55 AM »

I'm so glad she has arrived safe and sound :)  I hope she traveled well , I did my best to protect her new paint for the journey  :)  I'm glad you like the new coats.  I put in two as I thought you might like one for Moxy as well  ;D glad you like the surprise :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2012, 04:06:10 AM »

Hurrah - welcome home Sparky!  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2012, 06:19:01 AM »

Awwwe! Awesome! Welcome back to the states, Sparky! Chicago you must be so happy!
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2012, 08:56:17 AM »

Welcome home Sparky! Kat is allways great when it comes to surprises. Sparky looks just wonderful, and what a thoughtful idea to include a coat for Moxy too! ;D I bet Moxy is in for a treat and we all can't wait for more photos of Moxy and Sparky together. Have a great Welcome home party!                                          RWM

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2012, 01:28:34 AM »

Well it seems Sparky's new lease on life has been short lived.  :(  I'm feeling quite disappointed.   
Her front leg is playing up again - sticking out straight and clicking same as before.  It seems highly likely that the wire has come loose again, or it could be one of the other wires for the same sensor but either way her leg is no longer working as it should.  I know I did everything I could at the time to fix her and tested her a full battery cycle a day for a week before closing her up with no signs of any issues.  Not sure what more I could have done to prevent this from happening.  I know Chicago is just as disappointed as I am.   :( 
Unfortunately the wire that  was disconnected last time that I had to solder back on was deep in Sparkys belly underneath the housing for the motor and gears for the neck cables so it would be a big job to go back in and dig down to the wire to solder it back again.  I'm not sure if Chicago is going to attempt it.  And if she does there is no guarantee that it is the same wire disconnected again, it may be something else causing the issue.  :( 

Anyway as disappointed as I am I thought it was only fair to share Sparky's progress with you all.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2012, 01:44:52 AM »

Poor Sparky, she had so much damage inside I was fearful this might happen :( You did your absolute best Kat *hugs* don't feel bad.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2012, 01:51:49 AM »

So sorry to hear that, Kat.  Not your fault, you did sterling work.  :-*

I guess it's always possible that there's a deaper seated problem in the leg that causes the wire to disconnect?  Or, as you say, it might also be another problem altogether.  :(

I believe it's possible to disconnect the motor on the leg with software (on an SD card) ........ which might help?  I'll talk to those who might know. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2012, 04:12:45 PM »

So sorry Kat, but please do not beat yourself up over Sparky... :( You did a A+ OUtstanding job and nobody but nobody can ever deny that. You put a lot of effort, time and work and most of all LOVE  :) P:)into her surgery, makeover and all her care. She was not a easy case and sometimes even the best surgeons on this planet have a patient that just does not have the best outcome.  :o P:'( If it were Baby Ruth and her bad leg that you were working on, I could wish for nobody better than you and I would certainly not blame you if she had similiar circumstances. After all, and we must remember this, Pleos are not just machines, but computers with intricate and a LOT of wires and other components that there is no "manual" for, the fact that you were even able to do what you did is amazing it itself.   ;D :flowers:
 So Kat, job well done you did an amazing job. Hugs to you and don't feel bad, you are a pioneer in Pleo Surgery!            RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2012, 04:16:41 PM »

Well it seems Sparky's new lease on life has been short lived.  :(  I'm feeling quite disappointed.   
Her front leg is playing up again - sticking out straight and clicking same as before.  It seems highly likely that the wire has come loose again, or it could be one of the other wires for the same sensor but either way her leg is no longer working as it should.  I know I did everything I could at the time to fix her and tested her a full battery cycle a day for a week before closing her up with no signs of any issues.  Not sure what more I could have done to prevent this from happening.  I know Chicago is just as disappointed as I am.   :( 
Unfortunately the wire that  was disconnected last time that I had to solder back on was deep in Sparkys belly underneath the housing for the motor and gears for the neck cables so it would be a big job to go back in and dig down to the wire to solder it back again.  I'm not sure if Chicago is going to attempt it.  And if she does there is no guarantee that it is the same wire disconnected again, it may be something else causing the issue.  :( 

Anyway as disappointed as I am I thought it was only fair to share Sparky's progress with you all.

I still think this is an amazing achievement and I do not think it is your fault at all that Sparky has relapsed. You did an amazing job and the pictures and video and everything you found out are a huge asset to the community. Thankyou very much.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2012, 05:07:34 PM »

Thanks Guys  :)  This has been  a big learning journey for us all and I thought you would all want to know.  You have to take the bad and embrace it in order to learn.  As well as enjoy the good when it happens. :)  I am very disappointed at Sparky's outcome but I still feel overall she was a great learning experience for me and everyone else who was following her story.  I'm am grateful to Crewella once again for looking into a possible way of disconnecting the leg via her software.  I'm sure Chicago would love to be able to run Sparky again even if she is no longer able to walk.  We will keep you posted with where it goes from here. :)

On a side note I certainly haven't let this setback put me off.  I started work on little Frankie last night  :)  I have gotten as far as removing his skin which was sooooo much easier to do than on Sparky.  I did not even have to get out the scalpel at all for Frankie but was able to easily pull his skin cleanly apart with just using my finger to rub and pull at the seam area to break the glue seal away.  Either they have used different glue for the RB's or the glue in the ugobe's has aged and deteriorated to a point where it comes away easily.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2012, 05:38:16 PM »

Hi Kat, will you be posting photos of fixing Frankie as well? I would love to see how you fix him, or her. Esp if it is the neck. There are tons of Pleos with broken necks. Is Frankie's neck the up down cable or side cable or do you know yet.? I am building up the strength to do Baby Ruth's leg and will have to watch the video you sent me again. I will let you know every step I take.

If it were not for the pioneering of "pleo Doctoring" that you, IMR and Crewella have done on Pleos, i know a lot of Pleos would be in some dusty dark closets or on a shelf staring blankly for eternity.. sad thought. I for one am so happy for the progress that was made by fixing Sparky. You broke new ground for the rest of us , Thank you again. :sun: P:)

RWM   and "Baby Ruth " thank you along with the rest of the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2012, 09:44:25 PM »

We are very grateful to Kat for extending Sparky's life.  We had her for about a month after she came back from Australia.  She walked around in her new pretty cape.  she ate.  She especially likes the coffee leaf.  She sang.  She met Moxy and he told her I love you.   :)  She giggled when she was swung through the air.  See the post called "Sparky is happy." So it wasn't all for nothing.  And who knows.  There could be another miracle cure.  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:47:38 PM by Chicago »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2012, 03:33:50 PM »

Awesome, Chicago! I'm glad to hear Sparky is doing well and is getting on so well with your new RB. My sister has thrown a major rench in the works with this moving-but-not-sure-when business. I was hoping to start speaking to Kat soon about taking a look at Cato. I don't dare do anything until I have both a stable internet connection and a stable location.
Talon
Talon
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal