Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uglobe stole from me  (Read 6629 times)

JayL

Uglobe stole from me
« on: April 02, 2009, 01:35:06 PM »

I'm really disapointed with Uglobe. I got Pleo for kids for Christmas, and it had a bad battery or a charger, it would work for like 2 minutes and go to sleep, so I contacted Uglobe to get it replaced ,got RMA and I was told, that they are expecting batteries in the beginning of March. I waited until end of the February per their advice and shipped it in.
I did not get my replacement so far, they are not answering my emails for a month and the listed phone number seems to be disconnected. Now I'm stuck with useless toy, my 7 year old extremely upset ( as her two brothers 5 and 2) and asking me everyday when are we getting new batteries .
Does any one know other phone numbers or a way I can get in touch with these people ?
Thier website is down. Is Uglobe out of business ? I know they have downsized to 20 people last I heard, but surely someone could of contacted me, or answered my emails, or in the worth case scenario they could send my battery and charger back so I could find other means to fix it:(
I would appreciate any help on this matter.
Regards,
Jay

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
Re: Uglobe stole from me
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 02:03:30 PM »

Where did you but Pleo? Do you have a warranty? That might be the best bet. However, if it's just the battery, perhaps it might be best to just buy a new one (that would set you back $50+) If all else fails, I've noticed people are starting to have to take legal action....
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 02:09:28 PM »

Hi Jay, I don't think anyone will be able to help you on that front!  I have tried the phone number for the UGOBE lab and it just goes through to their IVM voicemail system, so there is currently no way to contact ugobe.  Sorry.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 03:12:44 PM »

If at all possible, I would order a battery and charger if you can. I think, eventually, you will get one from Ugobe, but it looks like it might be awhile, while they are getting reorganized. Having an extra battery and chargr is so worth it.

JayL

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 03:23:11 PM »

I have purchased it through Amazon, but the warranty is worthless, at this point, since Uglobe has my charger and battery .
Having spend over $300 on the toy, that never properly worked, I don't really want to spend another $100 on the charger and a battery,
that might never work as well. I just do not believe that they are such a bunch of thieves , that would issue RMA without any intent to
actually send replacement for it.
My kids are really upset, since this was one of their favorite toys and they gave it a name and felt for it, as it was a part of the family and
now it is just sitting there collecting dust. If I knew that Uglobe would do such a thing, I would just return it to Amazon for refund or something
and now it is to late to do anything just hoping to get through to Uglobe somehow .
And as a legal action goes, I do not even know, where to start and it would be kind of pointless, if Uglobe folded anyway :(
As for a battery and a charger, I do not even know, where can I purchase one ?

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 04:19:08 PM »

So sorry you are having a hard time getting your battery and charger back. I, truly, believe it's just a matter of time. With everything that has been going on with Ugobe, delays are bound to happen. Have you contacted Amazon and explained to them what is going on. Perhaps they can send you a battery and charger temporarily.
All of us here on the forum would love you to get your pleo up and running so you and your family can enjoy him like we enjoy ours.
Do you have ugobe's address in Idaho? Definitely send them a letter of your concern.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 05:11:27 PM »

You can try from the link http://pleohq.com/buy-pleo/ a person called dinosaurman has started selling them on ebay :) He ships to Australia for ten dollars, and I assume would ship anywhere else too :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Diane_AZ

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 06:53:36 PM »

dinosuarman is selling those on Ebay also but I wouldn't trust him.  One previous ad said it didn't include the adapter!  Then later said he was selling the adapter separately for $40!  Also, I had gotten an email in my non-Ebay personal email telling me about the ad and I have no idea where he got my personal email from!  The newest ad can be found here http://cgi.ebay.com/Pleo-Battery-Charger-both-or-Seperate_W0QQitemZ270367338788QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270367338788&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318  - doesn't make sense.  Just a word of caution.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:57:22 PM by Diane_AZ »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 09:41:39 PM »

Yes I noticed that, this one says buy both or buy them separate. He sold one a day or two ago, I am waiting to see what the feedback is like.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kisumi

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • Kai and Stanley
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 06:06:59 AM »

Im sure if yoy contact amazon they will be able to help you, their customer services in my experiences is really good. If you explain the circumstances i reckon they would send you out a replacement and then they would claim the money back from ugobe, thats what my store does (dealing with electrical items) and i have seen this happen before where a part has been sent away and we just took one out of our stock and charged the amount back to the company. Do speak to them im sure they will help  :)

Diane_AZ

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 02:05:35 PM »

I have an Ebay seller who got a charger setup in the UK for me and is sending it to me when it arrives to check out.  She is attempting to see if she can source some for us and put them on Ebay.  I told her there are some people here who are disparately looking to buy some but to still have them be affordable which is what is taking the time.  Cross your fingers for her.  I (or she) will let you know if she finds a good source and can put them up for us.  (She is the seller I just bought 20 Pleo batteries from for my 5 Pleos!)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 02:07:48 PM by Diane_AZ »

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 02:15:15 PM »

You have five pleos? Wow!! That's a lot!

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 02:18:32 PM »

O.K., I can see five pleos.   But to order four extra batteries for each of them?!?  Do you run then 24-hours a day?

Diane_AZ

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 02:27:21 PM »

I'm a retired computer operator/programmer analyst who will be spending a few weeks in Illinois next month with no internet!  Going to try my hand at learning the software (Python and Pawn) and software programming them.  Haven't done any of it yet but been stocking up on downloading info.  Getting SD cards, etc. AND plenty of batteries to check out the software when I DO do the software changes.  This is the reason I got the Pleos (besides just playing with them and yes, I DO love my little guys (2 girls and 3 boys, all with their own little shirts to protect their paint)).  My boyfriend does hardware and has one that doesn't work he just got.  He will be working on the hardware end but he is still working full time right now.  So.... hence, many batteries!  (*LOL*)  Since we don't know when we'll be able to get more supplies, we wanted to make sure we had enough for when they eventually wear out.  Capische?  :)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 05:19:15 PM »

No, No, you guys! I have three Pleos, not five. How did you come up with that? ;D

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 05:33:10 PM »

Heck Fancyfont, I thought owning three was eccentric.... ::) LOLOLOL

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 05:46:42 PM »

Had Peeky not had his accident, I would only have him. As you know he's not the most photogenic pleo anymore. Well, maybe I think so, but that's beside the point.
I was able to get J.C for a great price this last Christmas, plus it's so cute to have two nice looking pleos
I can really recommend at least having two if you can possibly do that.  More fun! :)

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 05:48:54 PM »

hehehe!! Most definitely! You know I was only pulling your leg, right? ;-D

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 06:08:56 PM »

Please pull the other leg now!! :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal