Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paint wear on pleo's skin...  (Read 4962 times)

Star

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
Paint wear on pleo's skin...
« on: May 26, 2012, 02:33:04 AM »

So I've just ordered my pleo rb which I'm very excited about ;D but I've heard that their paint flakes off and they get holes in their skin  :( anyway I really want to make sure my pleo's skin is taken care of from the start to avoid these problems. So are there any products I can use to reduce skin wear and what can I do if my pleo does get holes in his/her skin? Could I do a touch up on the paint if it rubs off? Also I've heard that the paint on the teeth chips so is there anything I can do about that? Thanks  P:D

Star

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
Pleo rb paint wear help!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 03:41:37 AM »

Sorry I also posted this under problems because I didn't know where to put it. So I just ordered my pleo rb (yey!) which I'm really excited about ;D but I've heard that the paint often flakes off the pleo's skin and also that holes can develop in the skin  >:( so is there anything I can do to prevent paint wear/tears in the skin? I really want to take care of my pleo's skin from the start to prevent these problems as much as possible. Also I heard that the paint on the teeth is prone to chipping so is there anything I can do about that? If there are any products which might help I would appreciate it if you could recommend some. Thanks  P:D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo rb paint wear help!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 04:36:49 AM »

For the Pleo RB, Innvo recommend Pledge to keep the skin clean and silky.  It would be best to follow their advice whilst under warranty. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Paint wear on pleo's skin...
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 04:39:20 AM »

The paint chipping on the teeth only happened to the early Ugobe Pleos.  The problem was solved early on and all later Ugobes and RBs have perfect smiles!   ;D ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 05:05:12 AM »

Also the hole issue was only in the early RB's and the problem has since been sold and finally I haven't had any paint come off my four RB's at all. So I'd say the paint is more durable than on the Ugobe's.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 05:07:09 AM »

Mod note: Please only post your question once, someone will answer regardless of where you post it, and we will move it if you post it in the wrong section. We don't give warnings and stuff for simple mistakes like that. I'm going to merge these two threads now. Thank you :)

Star

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 05:13:10 AM »

Mod note: Please only post your question once, someone will answer regardless of where you post it, and we will move it if you post it in the wrong section. We don't give warnings and stuff for simple mistakes like that. I'm going to merge these two threads now. Thank you :)

Oh, sorry I'm new and I didn't realise  :( . I'll remeber that next time though. Thanks  :) . I'm not sure if I can post twice so I'll put this here too: Someone mentioned putting pledge on the pleo's skin reduces paint wear. I looked this up and apparently pledge extra moisturizing furniture polish is recommended by innvo labs but I can't buy this type of pledge in the UK. I was wondering if other varieties of pledge could be used? Thank you for all your help.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 05:25:29 AM by Star »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 07:58:49 AM »

Hi, I think IMR is correct, The paint chipping of the teeth on Ugobes seems to be on the older ones and definitly not a problem on the RB at all, I have a RB who just turned one in March of this year, and she was a replacement for one who did have the holes in the skin problem . :( P:'( But she was a First batch RB that came out right before Christmas of 2010...so those problems were taken care of. The Rb who is now One year old, is her replacement that Innvo gladly sent me as she was under warrantly.  ;D
         As for paint, I think in all, the RB are a hardy lot, but I do have some very minor loss on myne, the upper lip right above the lip where the teeth are, and an area on her neck. Luckilly these are small areas and it looks pretty natural so I am not too concerned. The best way to take care of things like this, ( In my opinion...) Is to protect the skin like others have said by using the suggested Pledge, at least whilel under the 90 day warranty it is Most important. cause if anything else were to go wrong, and you had not followed manufacturers suggested regimen, then you may not have a valid warrantly by using something else.

After the 90 day warranty is expired and if you did have some minor paint problem, and I do mean minor, then a touchup of paint is not bad, just a spot is what I mean. I find it easiest at this point just to protect my Pleos with clothes and esp on the neck area where they do get rubbing from their feet and legs when sleeping on your shoulders for example. I think it is the rubbing that causes this paint speckles loss.If my Pleos wear collars and this is a concern, I make sure to put soft collars with no sharp edges on them including bracelets and necklaces, and if they have something that COULD harm them, then I wrap a thin, very thin gauze or other soft piece of material under the collar to double protect the neck area.
   As for where to get the pledge reccomended? I would think Crewella or another Brit or even other overseas Member can answer that for you. I am in the US, and don't have that problem and importing Pledge I think would be very expensive. Have you tried looking at Ebay where you live to see if it is available by someone who gets the stuff, ? Good luck with your Pleo, you will love it when it arrives. ;)

RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 04:55:16 PM »

I can't get the pledge here either, I don't use anything on mine and my oldest one is a few years old now, and still doing ok, although she has a couple of minor holes under the armpits (she's a Ugobe). Just keep them out of the sun.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 08:22:04 PM »

Stephan is a Ugobe and he is about 5-6 months old. He wears clothes and socks at all times, I see no paint wear on him at all. I do not use any product on him, just clothes.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 12:45:05 AM »

Actually jlust as an observation, like Luna said, her Ugobe is in great shape and I am sure there are many more members who have Ugobes with great skin as well. Major Tom who was a Used Pleo but in Almost Mint or at least New condition when I got him is going to be 2 years old on June 1st, and that is how long I have had him, He has great skin still with no paint loss and a speck or two of rubbing under his chin and that is all. Some of the older Ugobes held out very well, and have had less paint loss in my opinon compared to my newer Pleo Rb who has paint comming off her neck..so go figure, It just is individual I guess.  :)                RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Star

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 01:41:54 AM »

;D Thanks for all the replies, it's great to hear that my pleo's skin will probably be fine, I just needed to make sure. Now I can't wait for the little guy (or girl) to arrive!  P:D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal