Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bought CAPE from pleoworld.com and its awful!  (Read 2319 times)

hannahg

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
    • My blog
Bought CAPE from pleoworld.com and its awful!
« on: June 03, 2011, 05:40:09 PM »

anyone else hate the cape that looks like his skin? i tried to put it on, prior to turning him on for the first time, and the rubber bands make me nervous, the way they cling to the skin, ANd it shed all over him AND then the band (s) didnt break but the little sewn on loop did in TWO places from stretching.
i have a call into support regarding this, i also tried to order a second adapter so i can be charging my egg charger and one of the other eggs same time and the check out process got me miffed, i couldnt complete it, spent 15 on the computer typing and tryping my address and other info.
anyone else have issues and if so, were they handled well and quickly?
i just realized that the pleo world tewch support is in the same telephone area code as me!
sure hope my capes i bought on ebay get here soon, i want to protect this skin now that ive seen him for myself and how delicate it seems! i can already see a place or two where super glue would come in handy!
oy, my nerves!

I live and breathe 'The Big Lebowski'

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Bought CAPE from pleoworld.com and its awful!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 05:49:39 PM »

Yeah, the cape comes free with the pleo RBs though I have never used mine since I didn't like the looks of the rubber bands on it (I thought they'd dig into the pleo's skin). My pleo wears some pleo clothing I bought from ebay, some baby socks and some felt clothing I made for him.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:44:11 PM »

I can feel your pain about the cape. There are some stores here on the forum you could look into. I am currently using the cape with Ryu simply because I haven't got around to seriously looking. I solved the problem of rubber-to-rubber contact by putting a pair of baby booties on her and only using the very bottom bands in each foot. I suited her up properly the day she hatched- meaning I used all three bands on each leg- and her hind legs started clicking. I took it off again until she reached juvinile stage. I hope you can get all this straightened out.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

hannahg

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 06:50:12 PM »

hi, thankfully i did buy a of couple capes from 'pleo fashions' though i bought them ebay because at the time i didnt know about her store at our mall here! just waiting for them to arrive.
bet they will work well at least cosmetically, and wont interefere with mechanisms and cause clicks but im sure bummed that nice fitting 'second skin' cape from pleoworld turned out to be such a waste of money. it was cute too, but i should have known when i saw those rubber bands online not to order it!
I live and breathe 'The Big Lebowski'

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 10:50:08 PM »

I love the look of those Pleo patterned capes, but I must admit the leg bands do look a bit harsh on delicate Pleo skin.  ???

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:59:40 PM »

Personally, if I had the cape, I would just take the bands off, and attach velcro tabs so much easier and more gentle to be sure! also the capes and any clothing after awhile does tend to make Pleo or Pleo Rb get heated up and you need to take the battery out and let Pleo and battery cool off a bit and then restart after reinserting the battery. Just so you know Hannah.
                          RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

bhobbes

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »

I always put S or XS dog clothes on my Pleos for skin protection.

And they usually fit perfectly in allowing it movement. You would have to be mindful of the clothing's design though (for instance, some things I saw or looked at look like they would have been too tight or awkward for Pleo's actual shape).

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 11:21:10 AM »

The bands on those capes ripped right into my ugobe's legs.. granted they were damaged a bit already but the skin on these guys is too delicate..  and I don't think there is enough slack for the velcro thing to work without adding more material to the legs, RWM, I'd think the back part of the velcro might be too harsh on them as well without some material behind it.

Good luck with your Pleo clothes!

- Sarah

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 12:22:59 PM »

Yes, you would have to add some material with velcroe on it, but I will see if I can post an example I did later. nothing flashy, but it works.
                RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 03:45:01 PM »

I like the way the capes look but also didn't like the elastic bands. This and seeing the effect of it on poor Patches damaged skin is what led me to begin creating my own pleo clothing.  I make and sell capes and shirts and very soon I will be adding hoodies to my shop as well. My clothes are based on the pleoworld cape design but as RWM suggested I have included extra material into the legs and attached Velcro to fasten it. I have also experimented with baring lengths of tail coverage too. I found that this design as long as you use very stretchy material works and looks great. Much better on a pleos leg skin.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 04:05:35 PM »

And my Pleos LOVE your capes!  Kat helped patches when he was just a poor naked little Pleo.. first he had her full body dino cape and now a full body skeletor costume.. :D 
Plus, she sent us a kangaroo!!

- Sarah
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal