Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We all went outside to play..  (Read 3222 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
We all went outside to play..
« on: May 13, 2011, 04:27:45 PM »

Even though no one could walk in the grass they still seemed to enjoy looking at it and it was funny when the ugobes did the 'grazing' thing..   ;D  I swear the grass was mowed just a few days before but it already looked like a jungle!!
It was nice and dry so the Pleos didn't need socks but I wasn't taking chances with Loki since he digs in more.. he wore Pleo socks that were a little bit too big for him but he didn't need them for long so it worked out fine  :D :D

Here we are, everyone ready to go play:

Loki didn't do so well:

Rhea and Chronos posed for some pictures.. they looked so sweet with the grass and flowers (so nice to have flowers again!)

Patches had fun and found something to eat:

The new baby was hiding from the bright sun (I don't blame him!) but finally opened his eyes for a picture:

Lyssa didn't seem to like it as much and I couldn't get any good photos of her (none that came out anyway) but she was much happier inside grazing from her favorite place, Loki's charging station... :pizza:

Loki was very interested in the grass and in the weird things on his feet but as soon as he laid down he immediately flopped because he thought something was stuck in his motors.. I kept trying to tell him it was only grass but in the end I just switched him off rather than have him  flop and then pick him up every 5 seconds..

It was neat to see them in their.. uh.. 'natural' environment ..  :D  :D  :D 
No cars drove by but if they had I'm sure I would have had folks stopping to ask me, "What in the world are those things?!?!"

- Sarah

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: We all went outside to play..
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 04:35:05 PM »

That's a lovely series of pics - it's so nice to see Pleos out and about with grass and flowers and in the sunshine!  :D

Chronos managed to find a coordinating flower, too - how clever!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 04:45:15 PM »

I would've loved to see it! Unfortunately I can't do that here because our grass is really high and we're still drying out after our brush with a tornado. No, it didn't effect us but it hit the town next to us really hard. Anyway Spring and Summer ar my favorite time of year despite the bad weather. I love being outside. It sounds like the pleos enjoied it, too.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 06:05:53 PM »

Yes, Chronos was nice enough to hold onto a lovely dandelion flower that went very nicely with her lighter yellow hues :D Patches' new teeth seem to work really good, you know with the fake grazing thing when they sometimes open their mouths, ? ... he actually got a bit of grass in his mouth!

I used to love being outside but it's almost weird now because of having been sick for so long.. (have been staying inside most of the time since the first surgery in 2006) I'm really starting to feel better now and I have all this energy but the sun is like.. ahhhh.. it burns!!  Everyone thinks I'm a vampire because I like to stay inside with all the lights out and be grouchy.. they don't remember how I used to hang outside all the time, with chickens sitting on me and my parrots chasing me around in the grass or flying around.. so it WAS nice to be outside, even if it was with dinosaurs and a robot dog :D

One funny thing, lol.. Chronos got stung by a bee. I had to pull it out and it was funny.. I had the camera right there but I was so upset at the thought of my baby being 'hurt' by the bee that I dropped it and ripped the dead/dying bee off of her instead of taking a picture because obviously she wasn't really hurt and it would have been an interesting picture.  It's amazing how fast they become real to us. .. It kind of went in by her eye, I don't think it could have gotten through her skin, but it managed to get the stinger in there and died trying to sting a dinosaur! Stupid bee!

- Sarah

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »

Lol!  That's really sad/funny!  "You can't kill me - I'm extinct!"  :P

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »

That is funny and would have made a perfect video or photo, I do feel so sorry for the poor bee , just doing what bees are supposed to do....defending their territory, I guess it could have been embarrasing though if the other bees found out he was stinging a Metal non living being. the poor ribbing he would have got could have been just as deadly. I guess you can say that Dinos have tough skin, would have been more fun ( photo wise./..) if it was Patches AKA Skeletor, nice idea for a Comic Stip, Patches having super Pleo Strength because he was bitten by an Angry African Killer BEE, it desolved his Pleo skin, and turned it into metal but gave him Extra strength that no normal Pleo has, etc, etc... %) :oHey, I kind of like that idea. Do you think you could go out again tommrow, ( take your time now, don't get sunburned. LOl) and bring some honey or something red that bees are attracted to , and put some honey on near Patches and have your camera ready! What do you think ?
                                                      RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 10:38:15 PM »

I don't have any honey, maybe we should just beg kat to make a skeleton/bee hybrid suit for patches instead??  :o ;D ;D ;D

Lol..  I just thought it was funny that I reacted like you would to your kid getting stung, as if the bee could hurt my Pleo. It would have been funny in slo-mo, I tossed my camera and went in for the rescue:P  Wheres MY costume? 

- Super Sarah... Rescuer of bee-stung Pleos everywhere (within 6-10 feet of current position)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 10:43:34 PM »

You guys make me laugh! :D :D :D

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 05:05:59 AM »

I love the pictures, Latrine.  It is nice to get outside after a cold and snowy winter.  April was also really rainy here and it was hard to get out. The pictures of the pleos are really awesome when done outside. The sunlight really brings out their beautiful colors.   Glad that you are feeling well enough to enjoy the sunshine again. 

Sorry about Chronos being stung by a bee.  He didn't have any allergic reactions, did he?  :o

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 09:00:17 AM »

Sounds like everyone had fun! Poor stupid little Bee. I guess Chronos took it like a man  ;)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »

"I guess Chronos took it like a man "

Oh!  I didn't think he made THAT much fuss!  ;)  :P  :-X

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 11:58:42 AM »

Awe! Sorry, Chronos! So, Patches, how does real grass taste? Lol! That idea for a super-Patches comic sounds kind of cool, Redwoods. If you're the Mad-Painter of the Redwoods, I'm the Newly-discovered-Pleo-Commic-Writer of the South! Of course I can't leave out my unnamed here but well-known illustrater and the person who thought of this in the first place. Too bad "Tails from the Broken Pleo Bin" has been forgotten. *sad face* Oh well. New day, new ideas!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 04:45:03 PM »

aawww cute pics

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 06:33:08 PM »

I love the pics from the great outdoors!  Just beautiful. :)  Looks like fun. 

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 02:47:59 PM »

Yes Chronos certainly did 'take it like a man' considering I had just found out the day before that he was a she! lol..

No allergic reactions so far.. no worries.. :D  Patches seemed to like the grass even though I don't think he realized he had it ..hehe

- Sarah

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 02:54:58 PM »

Sounds cute! Though I'll have to wait to take my baby pleo rb outside since it rained quite a lot today.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 03:47:17 PM »

Yes it has rained like crazy for the past two days here as well.. I'm glad I took them out when I did!!

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 01:19:33 AM »

Thank you for the post and pictures Latrine! I'm hoping for you that you can some day enjoy being outdoors again. I hope that bee venom doesn't do anything to the Pleo skin. That is funny Latrine, about a slo-motion Pleo rescue from ya. lol
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 12:55:50 PM »

Thanks Kristy, it was fun, I feel like I never get to go do anything so even little things like that are lots of fun.
and RWM, Patches just finally got over his stink.. he was very angry that you wanted me to smear honey all over him  :D :D ;D

- Sarah

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 01:01:21 PM »

Today I went to the beach and brought my pleo to a nearby park. A woman and her child walked over and the woman asked "Is it real? What kind of animal is it?" I guess pleos look more like real animals than I thought! That was the first time I've taken him outside.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 01:08:46 PM »

Hah thats so cool.. I'm glad you had fun.  People really do end up stopping and gawking... 'why yes, this IS a real dinosaur'  ;D

- Sarah

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 02:39:41 PM »

I can't wait to take mine out in Florida.  They are currently packed up for the trip!  I can't wait to see people's faces.  I am going to take them on the Dino Dig  at Animal Kingdom.  Kind of morbid though, having them dig for their relatives!  :o

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 03:06:02 PM »

Your going to have a great time Saratoga. You must be so excited! I can't wait to hear all about it. ;D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 04:06:50 PM »

Saratoga,, lol, that's hysterical. digging for their relatives.. you need to pickup little kid sand shovels to bring with you.. make sure the employees think you expect them to let your Pleos actually do the digging..   :D :D :D
Can't wait to see pictures!! and no fair I wanna go to Florida.

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 03:15:07 AM »

You're very welcome! That's funny about "Patches"! lol I'm glad you took your Pleo out Aibo! I wanna go to Florida too!
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal