Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Paint repair kit for Pleo RB  (Read 19502 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Paint repair kit for Pleo RB
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:17:56 AM »

For those of you who have Pleos and are wondering how to paint or should I say repair your Pleo skin when it loses it's color, I came across this today on ebay which is brand new. If you notice it is from where Pleo Rb is made and in the colors Pleo Rb are so thought I would put it for intersted people can see. Notice this is for touch up only and do note the shipping time which is 30-60 days to get. These are small but would probably last quite awhile. I am keeping my Pleo Rb as is, but am just listing this link for anyone who may be interested, I have no affiliation with this person and am not endorsing it in anyway, just letting those who may be interested aware of this service.
                                                                                        http://cgi.ebay.com/Special-Flexible-Paint-Repair-kit-Pleo-skin-/320681529685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaa1bd155

RedwoodsMama

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Paint repair kit for Pleo RB
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:35:44 AM »

Thanks RWM - I might well give that a try!  :D

That seller's been around a while, and people seem happy.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 12:32:56 PM »

Crewella you are right and they do have good feedback and probably work for the company so they are Pleo Rb colors from what I can tell, NOt a bad thing to have, jUst be prepared as it says "ship service which means because it is free shipping, comes by boat. so it takes "a cruise" to get to you. LOL ;D
                                               RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 02:47:49 PM »

I'm so glad you posted that link, RWM - you made me rush off and try the colours I bought weeks ago and hadn't got around to using yet! Thanks!  :-*

jpdude11

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 10:28:23 PM »

Wow maybe now I can paint tim he is getting to be old ya know %)

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 05:54:30 AM »

Nailpolish? I thought of using nailpolish, but was afraid that if it didn't work the only way to get it off would be polish remover and that would melt his skin! Thanks for the heads up, when Pleo gets worse i'll proboally get some and check out the lables to see if any other polish would work.

Update: ops! it's acrilic artist ink, the bottle looks like polish :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:56:28 AM by LuckyPleo »
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 08:24:03 AM »

Luckypleo, we're not sure what it is actually - I just thought they looked similar to the acrylic inks that I got, though by  the looks of it you mix the colours with the clear in this set.  I'm assuming they come with some sort of instructions, but I must admit that all those bottles with no label showing the ingredients make me a bit nervous.  Especially for something that could well be used as a child's toy.   ???
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:42:56 PM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 11:38:06 AM »

If I was going to buy this , my advice would be this. Since it looks like there are lots of these, wait untill a couple of people have purchased this and read the feedback. If the feedback is all positive and looks good, then you have a better idea. I do not think there are any instructions. How did the seller get these? Did he acquire these from the INNVO factory, or did he just look at the colors being used and find something that looks similiar? This seller has very good positive feedback, but this is a brand new item and there is no feedback yet. If using this on a Pleo RB, remember until the 90 day warranty expires, you are making the warranty void if you paint or alter it in any way. After the 90 days, it is use at your own risk,
              I am not saying this may not be a great product, but we just do not know as there is not any feedback from any sold yet. Also it takes 30-60 days for shipping to reach you. That means we probably have at least a month till we are going to get any feedback, Unless there is a return policy.( I doubt since this is paint,/ ink) if there are no insturctions, the average person is just guessing on what to do and the ratio or solution mix to use. I would wait and see...............unless you want to be the first one and report back after trying it 30-60 days from now.
                                                               RedwoodsMama

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 02:59:47 PM »

Now i'm not so sure, I thought it was what Crewella used, maybe it is nailpolish. I was all go for it because I thought it was the acrylic inks that came out really good on Crewella's ugobe, now i'm a bit leery because they don't seem to have much info on what the paint is. If I was selling it, I would at least say what it was,maybe not the brand for buisness purposes, but I'd like to know what I'm buying....
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 03:36:35 PM »

I feel the same, Luckypleo.  I agree with RWM, too - I'm going to wait and see how other people get along with it, though I might contact the seller and sound them out about it.  It's a great idea to have such a kit, and I'd like to support them for coming up with it, but like you I'd like to know a bit more before parting with hard earned cash or risking my Pleos, or even potentially my health!  ???  :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 03:59:14 PM »

I think it is a great idea but like the rest of you I would be reluctant to purchase without first asking lots of questions about the ingredients of the product and instructions for use on your pleo.  Also I would be asking if it had been tested on pleos.  Especially after seeing the results of using the wrong paints here on the forum.  I would hate to get it and then be disappointed if it just flaked off after a few hours or days.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 06:33:01 PM »

Thanks alot Redwoods! Of course, free shipping takes the longest sadly. -__-
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 10:25:07 PM »

I did contact that seller to ask about the repair kit paints.  The answer was short and sweet - they obviously don't want to say what it is, but at least confirmed that it's safe:

Dear crewella,

Hello, the paint is complied with toy standard in US and Europe.

ADDED:  Sigh - couldn't take the suspense any longer - I bought one!  More than anything, I'd just really like to try it and see if it works - I'm so impressed that someone out there is trying, I felt it was the least I could do.  When it (eventually) gets here I'll report back.  :D

I'm just wondering what I'll use the pink paint for ............  %)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:36:12 PM by Crewella »

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 11:48:06 PM »

Looking forward to hearing when it arrives and how it goes! :) 

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 12:18:10 AM »

lol You confirmed that you did earlier in a different topic.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 12:43:17 AM »

Nope Kristy - you must be mistaken.  I've not mentioned this repair kit anywhere else, and I bought it today, two minutes before I posted I had.   :-\

Maybe you're confusing it with the acrylic inks I tried, bought from a local art shop?  Sorry, but I'd hate people to think I'd used this kit when I've not tried it yet!  :o  ;D

ADDED:  I don't really need this repair kit, as I'm very happy with the results of the acrylic inks, but I'm interested to compare the two.  I also think this kit is not a bad deal - the acrylic inks are around $6 each (give or take) and I needed three colours at least to get a decent result.  For the money, if they work, this repair kit might be the best option for most Pleo owners.  :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 12:54:06 AM by Crewella »

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 06:48:42 AM »

Also.. with the feedback stuff.. most folks post feedback right away.. yes it arrived safely and is as described.. they may not wait until after painting the Pleo and then seeing how it does over a period of time to post feedback.  So,  I'd wait and see what Crewella says rather than check feedback. She's a crazy monster painting lady, remember?  That's Crazy monsters... not crazy Crewella :D

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 12:06:04 PM »

Yeah, my bad Cruella.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 12:43:40 PM »

No worries Kristy - I'd have left it, but I didn't want people to buy a repair kit thinking I'd used it and said it was OK!  :o  %)

No harm done!  ;D  :-*

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 04:58:02 PM »

Could you maybe paint a small amount on an area that flexes a lot? That is the real test of course. *is very interested in the results of these experiments*.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 07:49:49 PM »

From looking at the pics of the paint in this kit I wonder just how useful it will be?  It is clearly designed with RB's in mind as you can tell from the pink and blue but there is only one green in the kit.  Green Rb's come in so many variations of the color green and the color yellow and even the pink ones have two shades of pink.  for the average layperson who doesn't have any clue about mixing paint to achieve the right colors I don't think this kit will be much good.  And just from looking at my two rb's I know there are different paint types used - Kermy is gloss finish paint and Norbit is matt finish Kermy's paint feels slippery and Norbits is more ruff and textured. 
I'm just not convinced that it is going to work.  I will wait to hear the results of the test by Crewella.
Kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 11:21:58 PM »

I had much the same concerns, Kat, which is why I couldn't resist trying it out.  I WANT it to work, but I want to see how, exactly.  :-\

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 12:49:59 AM »

I would love it if it does work as I want it to work too. :-*  I have my fingers crossed that my doubts are unfounded.
It is heartening to see someone having a go at this as it is something that has been needed for a long time.   :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 01:17:43 AM »

just had a quick question Crewella, perhaps you answered it and I missed it, Have you tryed rubbing or dabbing gently where you applied color to ( Budge or Iggy ?) the Pleos head? Does any color come off at all, or just a little. is it waterproof? Just thought I would ask that question as I don't remember the answer. Thanks,
                          RedwoodsMama

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 07:48:27 AM »

The more I look at it, the more it looks like some kind of nailpolish to me. Acually, it looks kind of like those cheap "toy" nailpolishes for little kids that don't stay on (one has tried and tried again to get some of the nicer ones to work  :P). Unless the seller has taken off the label, I'm sure Cerwella can tell us what kind of base the paint has. Also, I'm glad you got a response Cerwella, but I'd keep in mind that it being approved dosn't nessesarily mean it's been approved for use on pleos, it's just an indicator for you to be able to make sure you're not buying some toxic lead paint or something like that :o. (No offense or anything, but it seems the seller is focused on buiseness, which naturally worries some people).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 07:50:23 AM by LuckyPleo »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal