Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Poll

What color pattern would you most like to see in a Makeover if possible ?

green with other color
- 6 (19.4%)
Yellow with Other color
- 3 (9.7%)
lavender with  other color
- 7 (22.6%)
Blue,Aqua with other color
- 5 (16.1%)
Reds, Oranges, browns etc.
- 10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: April 14, 2011, 07:39:52 PM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo color choices  (Read 4786 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Pleo color choices
« on: March 15, 2011, 07:39:53 PM »

After the recent Pleo Makeovers I have been doing and the interest others have been showing in recent months,( and esp since other members such as Superperson has shown in doing her own Pleo Makeover,) I thought it would be interesting to see what are the colors and or patterns that members would like to see most in a Pleo Makeover. I have a couple of Pleos that I would like to do some more Makeovers on, and before just starting again, I thought It would be fun and beneficial to see what other Pleo members here on the forum think about what would be the most interesting colors they would like to see.  :)
            For example, if you would like to see a type of lime green and perhaps pink.... :o, then check Option 1, if it is a variation of Turquoise and beige, check option 2, etc etc. You can vote for your top three choices, If you don't see any color option box you would like to see, than leave Me a ( PM ) message as to what other color variation you would like to see. Don't be afraid to think "outside of the box" as this is just about imagination and what you would like to see.
                 I will consider all the votes and suggestions when the 30 days is up, perhaps a bit sooner if there is an overwhelming color choice being picked over and over , ( but the voting can still continue for the full 30 days) and that may be the next Pleo Makeover that I do, It may be a variation of the color voted on the most, for example, if Lavender with other color gets the most votes, I may use a Violet if it looks better but it would still be close to the same color, I would not do a Brown or beige Pleo if Yellow was getting the most votes.. :) One color that I won't do is Black, which is actually the absence of color and I won't do something like checkerboards or anything too wild.
                        I really do wish to see what the most popular color Pleo would be and if people want to see Pink Pleos for example, don't feel like you can't say Pink Pleos because we know they are being made so why couldn't I do a Pink Older Pleo or a Blue Older Pleo, anything goes when it comes to color! :) Have fun voting and you can only vote for your top three.
       Oh, I won't be voting of course. ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:44:35 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Superperson

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
  • My pleo Lance
Re: Pleo color choices
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 12:02:19 AM »

I love natural red  ;D
Play in the warmth of the sun,
Dance in the light of the moon.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 04:34:50 AM »

I love the colors of the Autumn leaves, Reds, browns, oranges, rusty colors coppery colors golds, yellows and creams.  I really love the pleo speckles you have been doing too. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 11:56:42 AM »

Hi  Guys, well this is only the second day of voting, but thus far it seems there are a lot of Pleo enthusiasts that would love to see a Pleo in the red/orange or brown family. Brown would be a toned down version not the main color, more the highlights such as cream color, I have persoanally wanted to do a Pleo that would blend in well with the forest floor, the leaves at fall in particular as I see Baby Camasaurus hiding among the leaves and ferns from predators.
           Of course when they are older and a heck of a lot bigger, camaflauge is not as important as when you are a little guy. Keep those votes comming and the comments too. I love hearing the ideas everyone has. I think I am going to have to go shopping for some more "paint" in another couple of weeks. I have some of the colors listed as basics but need to have all the colors possible to do this correctly. I think if there are enough votes in the next two weeks, it will be closer to April 1'st to give me a accurate idea of the most popular color choice. If your color was not voted the most popular, don't lose heart, I am still taking notice of other popular Pleo color requests and will do those also after the first choice so you will still get to see your choice in the future after the first one is done. :)( As long as nobodys asks me to do a version of "barney the purple dinosauar" . :D
                                                                          Thanks for your help!
                                                                           RedwoodsMama

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 04:32:42 PM »

BARNEY! Blechhh

If anyone asks for that just ignore them, please!!! :)

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 11:38:23 AM »

Sarah. rotfl I'm glad red, orange and brown are winning so far. I'd love for it to be a red colored Pleo.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

allosaurus

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »

Ew..... Red......

Well, I'd be fine with a russet-maroon color.  Anything other red..... Ew.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 11:56:28 AM »

Super person made a Pleo that was red. I love it. :-P.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Superperson

• Female
  • My pleo Lance
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 12:10:05 PM »

yep i would love to see another red pleo! its so pretty. i wouldn't paint him a really bright red but like a fall leaf red like i did.  ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 02:05:44 PM »

Hey guys, keep the votes comming and I appreciate all the voting, it really helps me get an idea of what you guys would like. Right now the reds, orange color wheel is slightly in the lead. I have an idea of a neat color pattern already in my head and am making sketches of the colors already. Something very realistic and nothing you have seen yet! I will still keep my promise and more voting to come, who knows maybe I will do the top two if they are close!
 :)                                                      RedwoodsMama

allosaurus

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 03:43:54 PM »

I feel dejected that everyone seems to hate cool colors? :P

Does it have to do with everyone else here being wimps and thinking cool colors aren't "cute" enough? :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 04:05:35 PM »

Hi Allo, are you talking about blues or lavenders? As for cool colors I like them allso, I am just taking a poll to see what is the most popular color right now that People want to see most, Personally there are two I have in mind, the orange rust creame color with darker outlines.( won't reveal the color for that yet, or there would be no surprises.) I also have an idea of a lavender blue shades with lighter shades patterning as well, It is only yellows that I have no ideas about and real dark colors , reds, browns, purple and dark blue that I have learned to stay away from.
          If you have any specific colors shades you would like to see, that is what this message box is for, I am open to anything and everything except black and Barney the Dinosaur purple look. I don't mind other colors at all and the more suggestions the better, Don't feel dejected, this is only about the third day of voting anyway and long from being over, so put down your choices...your suggestions may trigger some more reactions and excitement in the final decison. Go for it, I like uniqueness anyway! ;)
                                                                       RedwoodsMama

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 05:46:39 PM »

Don't insult people. And I'm not a "wimp".

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »

Everyone should relax and nobody should insult anyone else's choice, :o this is just a poll and there are no right or no wrong colors, just the colors most chosen, so please respect each other and don't insult each other or their choices, I love all the colors of the rainbow just as people and animals come in all colors of the rainbow, I just want some ideas and because it is a Poll this should be more private nobody has to put their name to anything unless they want to leave a comment or color suggestion, ok guys? :)
                                                           RedwoodsMama

allosaurus

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 05:58:04 PM »

RWM-- let me think of what I like here.....

This is a red I like:

I love these sorts of greens:

I love this kind of color scheme:

edit: without the tape measurer of course :P

This kind of blue is pleasing to me:

Though, for a dinosaur, a pattern with a color scheme based on a sort of blueish-gray would make me happy-- perhaps a wee bit darker than shown in the pic.

It's amazing what you can tell about people from their favorite colors.... As long as they're honest about it, of course. 
Does anyone else like any of these?

PWO-- did not mean to come across as offensive.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 06:15:23 PM »

Alright. And I do like some of those colors Allosaurus.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 06:33:22 PM »

Allo, all the colors are nice and I esp like the blue grey it is a color close to a pattern I have in mind already, but your greens did not show up on the posting.Ok, the greens did just show up, what I like about greens is that there are soooooooooo many shades and dimensions of green. The red is nice too because it is not a True Red, more of a Red orange and I think closer to the reddish rust colors I am used to looking at.
                Others out there can do the same thing Allo did if you want by posting samples of colors you like as it is a lot like looking at paint sample swatches, lots of color swatches to choose from,  :)( personally I can identify with the tape measure as I am on a diet right now and have lost five pounds so it is sort of like reinforcement to stick with it. ...mental images you know... :D) Oh, the purple pattern reminds me of feathers, but I like the shade....
                                                     RWM

Superperson

• Female
  • My pleo Lance
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »

loved the colors you showed. all would look great on a pleo!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 08:31:05 PM »

I like the tones of all your colours, Allo - they're sort of like what the Victorians used to call 'saddened' colours; with black added to tone down the bright colour.  They're my favourite range of colours.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 10:51:37 PM »

Barney? Nah! Tony the tiger? ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2011, 12:50:36 AM »

Fancy you are too funny, I love Tony the Tiger." Frosted Flakes are GREAT!" don't tell anyone, but that is where I got the inspiration for Little 45 and his makeover!
 ;)
                           RedwoodsMama
            P.S. you have been quiet lately, glad to see you back posting

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 04:45:47 PM »

Ok guys I think we have some new members and we are getting close to this deadline but If I don't see more voting going on this week, this will end, So if you haven't voted yet for the color combo of Pleo you would like to see, this is your chance. I think by this weekend or early next week I will have the results and after tallying them and comming up with a choice I will begin the project Bob the Pleo Color Choice. ( what I would like to call it.) I think there are several close contenders here so it will be close and I may have to do two! Vote for your favorite if you haven't already!
                                    Thanks for all the input too, I appreciate it and like knowing what people want to see.
                                             RedwoodsMama    :)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 07:03:35 PM »

Alright. Cool. The sooner, the better! lol

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 03:24:42 AM »

Well, RWM, it looks like the brown and red and oranges are going to win out.  I really wanted to see a lavender pleo, but the red one, Lance I think he was called, looked really nice.  Can't wait to see the new paint scheme, whatever color wins! ;D

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 05:50:18 AM »

I'd love to see a solid lavender/purple like lance's red/orange look! Keep up the great work RWM!
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal