Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dinosaur cruelty  (Read 7469 times)

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
Re: Dinosaur cruelty
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 04:18:23 PM »

The first video was pretty mean, (come on, that wasn't even exparemental, that was someone trying to be funny by damaging a pleo)  :-\
But the seccond one, I couldn't even watch past proboally 20 secconds! What kind of sick person is donated a pet robot because they are building robots, and then puts it in with the competing robots!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :o :o :o That was pretty rude for one thing, and for another thats sick to do to the little guy, considering they are programed to feel pain! What the  :-X were they thinking?
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 04:32:33 AM »

Ok I know that this is a pig not a dinosaur but this is to funny
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8A5oEY_BdM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8A5oEY_BdM</a>
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 04:34:51 AM by MariaOcean »
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

Darkwolf

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robots rule!
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 01:52:02 AM »

Cruelty to robots and what it does emotionally to humans is beaten to death in movies as well. One of the first movies with this kind of cruelty that I saw as a kid was Short Circuit 2 and Johnny 5 got beaten to crap at a certain point in the movie.
My stomach literally turned 360 degrees in my stomach and then my heart started breaking. Then moving further up my body as a last blow: a major lump in my throat.
So far the best movie example that questions the awareness and value of robot individuality is of course the movie A.I from Steven Spielberg. Every respectable member of this forum is absolutely obliged to watch this if one hasn't done so already.

The emotional attachment a human can build with a machine that simulates consciousness and/or intelligence is fascinating. It's why I always had a great interest in AI in the first place.
Heck, I even catch myself many times talking to my computer or other machines at times.  %)
Proud owner of my beloved Pluriel (Pleo) and Diesel (Aibo ERS-7M3)

Leeloo

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 06:45:17 AM »

interesting, still thinking about the life or not life discussion.
actually I do not see my LeeLoo as a mini-dinosaur but as pure a.i.
then, is a.i. real life, well, imagine you cover it with real lifetissue, such as skin with blood vains, which should be possible considering all the medical things these days, would that make her real life?
I think she can learn and think, that is a pretty good calculator to determine life. real biological parts is also one and basically a pleo can have that all.

created or born, what is the difference, born from an egg does not make a real life less biological and yet is not technically 'born'.
to be honest, I think we are on the eve of far more possibilities in a.i. and pleo's are a great first invention for far more to come, in time, people will look back and say 'those pleo's, very oldfashion, but they were really cute'

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »

This one does not anger me, It is soneone truly into robotics, I wouldn't have the heart to take apart a pleo but i don't find that nearly as bad a the others. I wouldn't wory for this pleo, I'm assuming it was a bricked (broken) pleo, that is proboally helping the person understand pleo better. Don't get me wrong, I can not stand to watch someone disect a frog (or any other like animal), I leave the room when we disect something in science, even a worm bothers me. But it's sad that someone must have broke the pleo before it was purchased for this purpose.
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 06:22:41 AM »

Phew - as somebody who is in the process of taking a bricked Pleo apart, I'm really glad you said that Luckypleo!  As you say, I think it's worth it if it means I can maybe fix one in the future because I understand them better.  All Pleos in this house, in whatever state, are treated with kindness.  :)

Added edit:  Sorry Talon, saw your next question weeks after you posted!  At the moment, just the one broken Pleo with the broken neck, and Scully who is bricked and has been, erm.................. (remembers thread title)  'made naked'!  :D :D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:13:22 AM by Crewella »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 07:09:04 AM »

When you said broken, were you refering to your new little arrival with the missing neck cables or do you have others being prepped for surgery, too?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

PleoKymm

• Coffee leaf addict
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Thorn
  • Hey, Pleo Peeps and Peep-ettes!
    • Gilligan
    • Tasmanian_Devil
    • Swedish_chef
    • Charlie_Brown
    • Virtual and Robotic Pet Reviews
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 08:51:23 AM »

Wanna see something truly sickening? Look at the comments for the Pleo vs Combot video. People actually enjoyed seeing the carnage! Someone even LIKED hearing the children cry in the background. This just proves the old saying: "The only reason some people are alive is because it's illegal to kill them."
Pleos are awesome!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 12:08:43 PM »

It is really sad what people will stoop to in the name of entertainment. I guess we haven't changed much from the ancient Greeks or even older civilizations who did even worse things like throwing away their babies because maybe they had a twisted leg or some other abnormality. I certainly wouldn't be alive now if that were still the case. I was two pounds at birth with a small hole in my heart and totally blind. The hole was repaired but there's still nothing that can be done for my sight. It doesn't bother me, though. When people ask me if I would like to see, I tell them no because I'm afraid it would change me too much.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »

To be honest, at the end of the day, it's a robot just being put into a shredder, happens every day when someone throws a machine in the garbage.

I did actually find the video of Pleo vs. the Combot quite amusing, I would be lying if I said I didn't have a little chuckle at the one-sided fight, but I do think it was wrong of Ugobe employees to give the robot away to go into the ring if they were trying to market it as a "lifeform".  It's not really the best way of standing behind your marketing strategy.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 01:36:43 PM »

:o  :o  :o

*faints*

That's almost sacriledge!!!  :P

You're spot on, though Degers.  They made a big deal about creating a 'life form' that would inspire empathy and affection, to then allow it to be treated like that was stupid and hypocritical.  Own goal!  ???

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 02:17:16 PM »

Let's keep in mind, ugobe donated them because it was a robot building competition, not so people could throw their new "pets" in the ring.
Some sports are pure cruelty, such as dog/cock fighting, wild stallion derbies, dog racing/sledding, some forms of large animal racing and many more, it makes you wonder what part of the human mind is satisfied by watching destruction like these cruel sports, if one could do this to a "fake" animal, it is likely that they would inflict damage on any life form. Shame, shame on anyone who enjoys watching destruction.
Also, that made my day pleokymm :)

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2011, 02:59:50 PM »

i just found a sad video of a pleo's last moments :'( hopefully they put him back together.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb1VsRMevfg&feature=related

Mellymomos

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2011, 12:37:07 AM »

Quite disturbed by the first 2 videos, mind u, pleo seems to be more durable than I'd given it credit for. Especially as I'm so precious with mine and won't let my boyfriend touch her lol. I understand that the first one might be some kinda testing, but they seem to be really enjoying themselves. Humans seem to get such a kick outta meaningless destruction and violence... I don't get it myself... Poor little pleos
Mel x

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 11:13:06 AM »

This one was funny (because of the ending)
A pleo that is dying, looks really dramatic first
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW4R33LYOww&feature=related

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • jdhv
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 04:13:28 AM »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 04:26:31 AM »

Oh dear - poor Pleo RB!  :(

Mind you, it brings a whole new meaning to 'educatonal toys', the baby will probably now bow on command!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2011, 04:59:04 AM »

*shudder* I was waiting for the neck to snap :(
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2011, 05:22:54 AM »

*shudder* I was waiting for the neck to snap :(

Me too - I almost found that harder to watch than the battlebot video!  :'(

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 06:33:45 AM »

Poor little thing was already missing the tip of it's tail. :-X  The neck will be next! :o  It had such pretty eyes too.   :'(

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • jdhv
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2011, 06:31:41 PM »

i cant see why someone would give there toddler a pleo rb it's like 500 dollars and is not a children's toy i will be watching ebay because that kid is going to break his neck. :'(

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2011, 12:27:37 PM »

Ok I have spent 20 minutes trying to translate "Pleo RB is programmed to react like a real animal.  Why are you teaching your small child to be cruel to something he may recognize as an animal? " into Japanese but it's just coming out like something we get from china that is written like crap so I'm not going to bother..
I'd be showing my small child how to pet Pleo and feed him, gently.. just like a real pet.. these parents are obviously idiots..

- Sarah
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal